993 Forum 1995-1998

Thanks Eric!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 05:38 AM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 237 Posts
Default Thanks Eric!!

I posted a couple of days ago looking for a Rennlist member in the Portsmouth NH area to do a "flyby" on a car for me.....

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...smouth-nh.html

The post was still warm and I'm on the phone with Eric (ESL) a 993 owner that lives nearby. Not only is he a 993 owner but it's an Arena Red car like mine. The karma is looking good so far.

Twenty four hours later Eric has looked at the car and called me with a thorough report. He said that the cars color combo looked good and that the car was the "real thing" and appeared to have no stories. A PPI is the next step and Eric provided a recommendation for a shop only twenty minutes from the car's location.

In my fourteen years on the Rennlist 993 Forum I've met many nice people from the US and all around the world from Neil Perry in Australia (thanks for the window templates) to Joe down the road in Utica and Alex who is, well I'm not exactly sure, but his Speed Yellow 993 makes mine look like a beater.

Then there's Mark in Philadelphia who I met at Watkins Glen many years ago racing his silver bullet and I've been here long enough to know Rey Cavlo (yeah, he treated the new guy like crap but RIP) and Viken - who helped me on the phone once when I was trying to replace the tires for the first time on my "new" five year old 993 - "Mike, you're thinking too much about it - I use those tires on my Ferrari".

Most of my friends here are, yes, virtual but a few I've met face to face and some by email and phone. One hundred percent of my encounters have been positive and helpful and fun. This is a great group of guys and gals and I always look forward to logging on to read the latest posts and watch the excitement at times. It's never dull - well, except for the "which oil to use" and "should I remove my engine tray" posts.

On my end I've tried to be helpful and give back as often as I could. I've tried to provide some of my limited knowledge from years of ownership and my own screw ups. This forum has helped me immeasurably in making my favorite car better in many ways.

So thanks to Eric and many others - it's more than about the cars as you all know. You really are a great group.

Oh, the car Eric looked at me is a 997 as a possible daily driver. I'll never sell the 993 but I'm only putting 1,000 or so miles a year on the it, have a great hangar to store it in so will keep in nearby for those days when "it's not raining and the sun isn't shining to hard" - a saying from my brother, the ultimate eccentric and OCD car guy. Miss you bro.

Thanks a million Eric for the help the last two days. I'll keep you posted on the 997.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:17 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Mike,
Good luck with the car!

Rennlist is indeed a great place filled with many kind people.

Andreas
Old 02-21-2016, 01:42 PM
ESL
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike
It was my pleasure. I felt blessed to be able to get back to a community which has given me so much. I also feel honored to be mentioned in the same post as so many "Giants" Rennlist. As I said on the phone, if you need anything else then please let me know. If you're coming out to drive the car home, I'd love to get together for a beer or dinner.
Regards
Eric
Old 02-21-2016, 03:54 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ESL
Mike
It was my pleasure. I felt blessed to be able to get back to a community which has given me so much. I also feel honored to be mentioned in the same post as so many "Giants" Rennlist. As I said on the phone, if you need anything else then please let me know. If you're coming out to drive the car home, I'd love to get together for a beer or dinner.
Regards
Eric
Eric, you're a gem. I will keep you posted on my progress with this 997. Spoke to the owner this am and he is sorry he missed you and apologized for not having the car washed!! Karma remains good....
Old 02-22-2016, 10:50 AM
Mike Pezely
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for Mike Cap. He took the time to give me detailed instructions on a DIY for my split grill. Thanks to Mike and so many more good guys on this forum!
Old 02-22-2016, 02:28 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike Pezely
+1 for Mike Cap. He took the time to give me detailed instructions on a DIY for my split grill. Thanks to Mike and so many more good guys on this forum!
Thanks Mike. Here is the C4S that Eric looked at for me. Scheduling a PPI now.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Thanks Eric!!