993 Forum 1995-1998

Heat Shields NB WTB

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Holytin
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six
I am well aware of what ceramic coatings are...I spent 25 yrs auditing engineering processes and procedures on behalf of the DoD and NASA, in acquisition of aircraft, aerospace, and communications systems.

Furthermore, not all ceramic coatings are created equally, and effectiveness is largely dependent upon the proper prep and following the mfg proceedure for application and curing.

...but thank you for your post...Again, I was looking for FDM to quantify the product they sell.

Is this the ceramic coating product FDM uses, or are you quoting one product's sales literature?

Zircotec's Ceramic Coating

Anytime, you are welcome. I'm not familiar w/ Darin's procedures/process details so I'm unable to answer this question.

Have you tried to contact Darin yourself to get the details you are looking for? Might be a good starting point. Should you get some results please share.

Best,
Old 03-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Hilltopper
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

Fister FD's on both 993 and 997 and was glad to kiss off hear shields and NO problems!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:52 PM
mpruden
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I am well aware of what ceramic coatings are...I spent 25 yrs auditing engineering processes and procedures on behalf of the DoD and NASA, in acquisition of aircraft, aerospace, and communications systems.

Furthermore, not all ceramic coatings are created equally, and effectiveness is largely dependent upon the proper prep and following the mfg proceedure for application and curing.

...but thank you for your post...Again, I was looking for FDM to quantify the product they sell.

Is this the ceramic coating product FDM uses, or are you quoting one product's sales literature?

Zircotec's Ceramic Coating
Clearly you have a bone to pick here, but can you please stop beating this dead horse? It's getting a little weird.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:07 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mpruden
Clearly you have a bone to pick here, but can you please stop beating this dead horse? It's getting a little weird.
No bone to pick, but it is my inquizitive nature to ask what Im actually getting for the $200 entrance fee. I used a black satin finish heat resistent caliper paint on my stage II's, and pocketed $180; some of which I used on this...

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...t-kit-new.html

I am not bashing anyone who chooses to have their mufflers coated. In the spirit of the forum, I am simply providing a cost effective consideration by using the oem heat shields, which over the past 21 yrs. have proven their robustness and adequacy for the job intended

In the future, if any of my posts tend to bother you, please feel free to bypass them and save yourself any subsequent "weird" feelings

In the mean time, please accept my most heartfelt apologies for any bruising that may have occured to your tender sensibilities.

Last edited by nine9six; 03-02-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Holytin
Pro

No bone to pick, but it is my inquizitive nature to ask what Im actually getting for the $200 entrance fee. I used a black satin finish heat resistent caliper paint on my stage II's, and pocketed $180; some of which I used on this...

...Please accept my most heartfelt apologies for any bruising of your tender sensibilities, mpruden.

OK, no bone but it would be more than fair towards Darin to ask him these questions rather than using this forum to blow this up beyond proportions. Agreeable?
Old 03-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Holytin
Pro

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...t-kit-new.html

...Please accept my most heartfelt apologies for any bruising that may have occured to your tender sensibilities, mpruden.

In the future, if any of my posts tend to bother you, please feel free to bypass them and save yourself any subsequent "weird" feelings.

Out of curiosity - I see you have this on your p-car:

"Fister II's w/wide ovals"

Did you purchase them with or without this ceramic coating...?

Never mind - you painted black...
Old 03-02-2016, 08:57 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Holytin
OK, no bone but it would be more than fair towards Darin to ask him these questions rather than using this forum to blow this up beyond proportions. Agreeable?
As stated previously, this has been discussed before and Darin did chime in to state the ceramic coating product cost them $200 per gal.

If memory serves, no quantitative info was forthcoming; which is all I was looking for.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:13 PM
red67vert
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, now does anyone have a set of shields?
Old 03-02-2016, 11:40 PM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by red67vert
I feel for you. I posted a WTB thread looking for these heat shields a few weeks ago and that thread also got way off the tracks. Anyway, I ended up finding mine thru my WTB thread on Pelican. Good luck!
Old 03-03-2016, 08:49 AM
red67vert
Pro

Thanks for the tip mf6! Will try it.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Mike Pezely
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red67vert
Here you go....no affiliation

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-PORS...tW2zsI&vxp=mtr
Old 03-05-2016, 10:44 PM
red67vert
Pro

Thanks to MF6, and Mike got em.

Quick Reply: Heat Shields NB WTB