Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An offer for Kinesis wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 03:25 AM
Derrick B.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whut we have heeeah is a failyuh to comminicate. (Not JimBobJumpBack, but rather Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke.)

Suwpin,
You have shown yourself (once again) to be a true gentleman, sorry to see you distressed. In my opinion, you've done nothing wrong, except perhaps to be generous to a fault.

Peter and Todd,
Your choice to become personally involved speaks volumes about your integrity and commitment to your product and customers. Thanks for visiting, hope you'll stop by more often. The internet is an imperfect medium, and prone to misunderstandings. Its not always like this here. In fact, if you can take the time to get a balanced view of the Rennlist, I think you'll find this to be an exceptional forum.

Thanks for your support of club racing. Like the wheels, BTW.

Regards,
Derrick Boom
Old 09-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Pin - My sincere apologies for any distress my comments may have caused. I think most of us here were simply trying to advocate for you and create a discussion about the warranty, an action you never asked for.

Peter - Thank you for your reponse. Clearly, damage had occurred to the wheel that was impact, and not manufacturer, related. As my original post indicates, I was inquiring about the nature of the damage, your post having been the first time any of us had been aware that the rim was bent.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:56 AM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Peter:
Since my name's in your posting, I feel compelled to chime in and thank you for your contribution. The fact that you took time to explain the situation speaks volumes about your concern for your products and customers. As for my comment re: race and warranty, in some ways, yes, those comments are also relevant to the OEMs like BMW, Porsche, etc. Just like anything else, nothing is purely black and white, but rather shades of grey. I took my 993 to Watkins Glen in stock form, inc. OEM brake pads, and thrashed it pretty good and yet still drove home in it. Yet, I hear stories of BMW initially rebuking customer complaints about blown M3 engines, accusing customers of poor maintenance (ok, let's not start a BMW bashing thread here now. This is just what I heard and could be hearsay!). One of the controversies in UK that I read based on Evo magazine was manufacturers backing away from warranty claims when the so-called performance cars had been to trackdays. In the US, it's even more ironic. When Subaru introduced the WRX, they included a free year of SCCA membership, and yet refused to support warranty claims if the car had been involved in a track event. Everyone wants to race on Sunday and sell on Monday but where do you draw the line between regular wear and tear (albeit under harsher conditions) vs abuse?

Suwpin:
I'm sorry to have been part of a thread that has caused you a lot of grief. Reminds me why a friend of mine doesn't read Rennlist a lot because there are too many "experts" on board. Having said that, there are also many true experts and I have learned a ton here.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:26 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

In replying to somebody WAAAY back up in this thread about Fikse:
I am the second owner of a set of FIKSE FM-10s. (The previous owner has a reputation for slaughtering innocent little fuzzy bunny rabbits, not to name any names. The wheels have been tracked, to say the least.
I noticed a small crack on a spoke on my right rear after I got it back from Fikse, where it was being repaired for a curb smack that I did.
Now, I figured, I smacked a curb and will have to pay the dumbass tax on this one.
Guess what. Fikse repaired the wheel for free AND over-night shipped it back to me! AND they threw in a new set of valve stems AND they sent me 4 new hub cap o-rings.
I was very impressed.

I
Old 09-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Alan Baylis
Advanced

If there is a small crack after getting it back from them I would strongly recommend getting it back to them right away, do not use it that way.
On the free repair was it your birthday? You gave Porsche a big pile of money when you bought your car (or the original owner did if that wasn't you) and I guarantee that if you do the too many gear down shift over rev break the motor thing they will not fix for free, birthday or not. I don't know why they did what they did, but I am confident that you are the exception, not the rule.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:56 PM
Alan Baylis
Advanced

I see now. I misunderstood what he meant.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:24 PM
Todd Wood
1st Gear

Suwipin, thank you for apologizing even thought it wasn't necessary. Unfortunately there has been some misunderstanding since the beginning of this thread but it appears they have been resolved. I too want to apologize for any misunderstanding during our discussion of repairing your wheels. Having sent your wheels to us for inspection of the centers and to learn that all of your rim sections are bent was probably unexpected. The price that I quoted you will be offered to Mr. Wong, or whom ever the new owner may be.

I also want to thank you for expanding on your original post and clarifying any concerns that may have been mentioned by other Rennlister's. If any Kinesis customer, or potential Kinesis customer, has any questions about our product please contact us and we would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have.

Sincerely,

Todd Wood
Old 09-24-2003, 02:26 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we have a Kinesis group hug?
Old 09-24-2003, 04:08 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Alan,
Kim is right. I was polishing the wheel after getting it back from repair when I noticed the crack. I guess I was just surprised that they fixed it for free since they knew I had smacked the curb. Their rational was that they should have noticed it while they had it the first time.
More than fair in my opinion.

Wheel is still a PITA to clean though!
Old 09-25-2003, 09:32 PM
kinesis
3rd Gear

Dear Rennlist family,

Thank you all for your input, comments, and especially your understanding of our passion for what we do here at Kinesis.

Pin, thank you for your endorsement and support.

To those of you who responded to my questions, I appreciate it. I hope that if there are any additional questions about our company, our policies or our products that you will not hesitate to call us at (800) 888.6754.

After all is said and done I'm looking at this as a positive/learning experience which is what Rennlist is all about.

Thanks,

Peter G. Stacy
Old 09-25-2003, 10:26 PM
YellowC4S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok Already...How about a group-buy?
Old 09-25-2003, 11:22 PM
Pete K
Pro

I was wondering how long it would take for the "group buy" question.

Pete
Old 09-26-2003, 09:51 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Did someone say group buy???

I kind of need a set of 18's for the track really... LOL
Old 09-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I just bougt a complete set of 18s for my 930 from Alan (I can't wait to get them). He was most knowledgable, very helpful and pricing was right. This is my second set of Kinesis wheels. The originals came on the car and have had an off road excursion and have hit curbs on the track with no breakage or denting. I would consider them as strong and light as any other wheel.

Kinesis, thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: An offer for Kinesis wheels