993 Forum 1995-1998

993 Headlight Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 12:48 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 993 Headlight Replacement

Thanks Rennlist for your feedback! I cannot recall where I first read about the 993 headlights. It may have been in Parts for Sale. As I am restoring my Targa, I decided to go with new headlights vs headlight lenses. The best price for OEM Suncoast was $750 a side.

My old lights are Bosch. I understand that Automotive Lighting now makes the headlights. After some research, I purchased two headlights (Right and Left) from a California company Importec sales@importec.com (No affiliation but highly recommend based on this experience). Total cost was $970.84 and no tax plus free shipping!! According to what I have learned, these are the same lights but without the Porsche Part Number.

My shop installed today and the fit is tight but very good! Also, I expect to sell my old Bosch lights and ship in the same packaging to anyone if interested. $400 Each and I will pay for UPS ground.

Pics below are old lights and then new lights.
Attached Images     

Last edited by bella1; 08-27-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:00 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 269 Posts

Any issues with your old headlight buckets that necessitate replacement?
Old 08-25-2015, 04:09 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Old Lights

Originally Posted by P-daddy
Any issues with your old headlight buckets that necessitate replacement?
Other than some fading from the sun no issues at all. They work just fine and passed a recent vehicle inspection. You can see in the picture of the old lights the lower inside reflector is a light brownish color. I could have replaced just the lenses but since I am doing the full repaint with new rubber gaskets everywhere, I decided an entirely new headlight was worthwhile.

Here are pics of the lights out with the covers removed. They are in great shape for being 20 years old.
Attached Images    

Last edited by bella1; 08-26-2015 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Added Pictures

Quick Reply: 993 Headlight Replacement