Sponsored by:

Wiring Diagram PDF

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 08:33 PM
Gert 993
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 49 Posts

Hi,
I recently purchased a Porsche 993, and there are some electrical issues where a wiring diagram could come in handy.
is it possible for you to send me a copy?

regards, Gert
Old 04-28-2020, 05:35 AM
Alex_H
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All,
I am looking for the wiring diagrams for the 993. Especially dashboard and the wiring scheme of the clock and associated siwtches and lamps.
Is someone can provide me data ?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Alex
Old 04-28-2020, 10:31 AM
Jay777
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_H
Hello All,
I am looking for the wiring diagrams for the 993. Especially dashboard and the wiring scheme of the clock and associated siwtches and lamps.
Is someone can provide me data ?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Alex
Alex-
There are 4 different sets of schematics for our cars: 95, 95/2 , 96-97, 98. Lots of changes over the years , especially as related to the ECU but the 95 set MAY be ok for what you're doing. If you need the others, the Bentley Service Manual has them all for ~$150.

I'll take the link down after you download, so let me know when you get them.

-Jay
Old 04-28-2020, 10:37 AM
Alex_H
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Downloaded. Great thanks !!
Old 07-10-2020, 12:48 AM
CabrioArtie
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi,

Hope I'm not too late. Can I get a copy too.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:01 PM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

You have PM.
Good luck with your door switch issue btw.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:54 AM
AK993
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm beginning to live my nightmare with an electrical fault. I have the 993 essential companion but could really use a pdf WD if possible.

Thanks for the help

(I'll buy beers for any wiring guru's to weigh in on a very strange shorting or groundingf fault)
Old 07-25-2020, 01:05 PM
jay@EZimmoblock.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 416 Likes on 237 Posts

Let us know what your symptoms are and we'll try to help.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:16 PM
AK993
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jay@EZimmoblock.com
Let us know what your symptoms are and we'll try to help.
On a drive recently (After a track day) noticed that AC wasn't working well. and that my blinkers weren't operational while the AC Max button is engaged.
if i turn off the HVAC system completely all lights work normally.
At first i thought this was an AC Compressor issue but i checked all wiring in and out of the compressor and found nothing.
Next drive with the car if the HVAC is used at fan 2 or higher with or without the AC being engaged the left indicator wouldn't work. I checked all lights with HVAC off and the rear left indicator was not operational. i checked that light and replaced it and its fine. after checking i restarted the car and now the indictor works with hvac off but not with fan 2.
next drive the speedometer blanked out for a second or 2 and the left indicator is intermittent.
When i engage 4 fan or max ac. i can see the indicator lights come on dimly in the gauge.
Today i removed the battery out of the car and put it on a trickle charger after cleaning the posts.
and then cleaned the battery grounding cable and power cable in the frunk and removed any oxidization or corrosion i could see on any terminal connected to the battery in the frunk. just waiting for the trickle charger to indicate the battery is at 75%+ before seeing if that fixed anything.

The variance in problems leads me to believe that there is a short or ground loss somewhere. I wanted to get a WD to see where the most likely intersection of indicators/ccu ground loss would be.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:28 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 180 Posts

WD vary by year, what year are you working on.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:08 PM
AK993
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
WD vary by year, what year are you working on.
96 Canadian car
Old 07-27-2020, 08:50 AM
jay@EZimmoblock.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

AK - PM sent with a link to a schematic set on my Google Drive. The symptoms you report are a bit puzzling as the connection between HVAC and things like lights and speedo is unclear (other than the battery itself and it's cabling). Schematic sheet 14 shows the ground points in the vehicle so check there and see if perhaps the affected items share a common ground point. Did the problem suddenly occur or has it been going on for some time? Think of anything that changed recently (repairs/mods/dissassembly) just before the problem appeared. Sounds like there are a number of things going on. Pick just one - something simple to access and probe, for example the speedo, and trace it's wiring. Fix that and the other problems may just disappear too. You might want to pick up a copy of the Bentley Service Manual. Pricey but it has all 4 versions of the schematics.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:53 AM
AK993
Intermediate

AK - PM sent with a link to a schematic set on my Google Drive. The symptoms you report are a bit puzzling as the connection between HVAC and things like lights and speedo is unclear (other than the battery itself and it's cabling). Schematic sheet 14 shows the ground points in the vehicle so check there and see if perhaps the affected items share a common ground point. Did the problem suddenly occur or has it been going on for some time? Think of anything that changed recently (repairs/mods/dissassembly) just before the problem appeared. Sounds like there are a number of things going on. Pick just one - something simple to access and probe, for example the speedo, and trace it's wiring. Fix that and the other problems may just disappear too. You might want to pick up a copy of the Bentley Service Manual. Pricey but it has all 4 versions of the schematics.
All these problems started after an early july trackday. (It wasn't an exceptionally hot day. the car never over heated or came close.)
However at one point i did lose an item under the floor and took the floor pans (rennline metal) out to get a stupid pen that fell under the floor. problems have been popping up since.

My next check is going to be alternator cables. and from there i'm going to move through the grounding points.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:08 AM
jay@EZimmoblock.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I have the Bentley Manual so if you need any other info let me know and i'll see if I can help. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:58 PM
AK993
Intermediate

I have the Bentley Manual so if you need any other info let me know and i'll see if I can help. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thank you so much for the diagrams and help. it's a start.

If you're interested i'm posting updates of this problem here

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-problems.html

Quick Reply: Wiring Diagram PDF