Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

black 996 on masspike this evening ---> IDIOT.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 09:55 PM
spinning disc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post black 996 on masspike this evening ---> IDIOT.

jee-zus.

i swear. nothing like a nitwit weaving through traffic and cutting people off so badly they have to brake and almost cause accidents.

it was not even a young kid, it was some middle aged type. and here i was thinking that porsche owners would grow up and save it for the track.

freaking bonehead. you guys are right. when i do try to wave at a 996er or a 986er, they think i'm crazy. only the aircoolers or the 944 guys get it.

the porsche neighborhood is going to hell in a handbasket.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:10 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One bonehead does not make an entire Porsche neighborhood. I see boneheaded drivers in Hondas, Audis and even minivans!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:11 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Actually, the handbasket/baskethandle years '95-'98 993's were good.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:16 PM
spinning disc
Instructor

i mean, if i weren't just trying to get home after a 13 hour day, i would have followed that fool while dialing *SP and calling in the license plate. and the blue lights would have been waiting for him.

but i'm sure i will see that fool again. and i will follow him to get the plate next time. too tired tonight to get home.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:59 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Spinning: I feel your pain. Sure, there are jerks driving all kinds of cars, but it hurts more when it's in one of OUR cars. People like that are the source of negative stereotypes and the old joke ending "....with a Porsche, the *****'s on the inside." Some old timers think our fall from grace started with that new 911 that replaced the 356 in the mid-60s.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:24 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts
I'm sorry but not every 996er does that and look who's talking I'm the king of giving crap(on the forum) and I apologized. There's other cars out there who are just as bad or even worse. Regards. Mike
Old 06-04-2003, 09:29 AM
spinning disc
Instructor

gentlemen,

understand that i have an open mind. but i am working with a numbers game. what did i write initially? that i make a point to wave or flash any other porsche owners.

and what is the result of that? that i usually only get a response from older cars. what does that mean? i don't know. does that bias me forever against all other porsche car owners? no.

but does it also anger me when someone drives any car, but especially a 911 like that? of course it does. this is the same road my wife commutes on. hello?

obviously, there are jerks everywhere. what my surprise is: porsche cars are not straight line missiles. there are many cheaper ways to achieve a means to that end. you would think, and this is a grand assumption, that egos get checked at the door, and you'd save those shenanigans for the track.

is that more clear? let me summarize: the numbers favor the 986 and the 996 in terms of stoichiometry of porsche cars on the road. that said, it's more likely that behavior attributed to the marque will be conveyed in those cars to the world. obviously, there will be good and bad, but the bad is always more noticeable and that there are simply more boxsters and new 911s on the road, plus the changing demographic of the buyer, well, while i can accept that there are plenty more good hearted owners than otherwise, my stereotype and bias has been formed by what i encounter on the boston roads. and these are my observations. they are far from written in stone but are consistent observations.

if i have a superiority complex, it's that i have outgrown driving like a moron on the roads that i share with other people.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:54 AM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts
I've rarely seen Porsche owners exhibiting this kind of behaviour but do recall (what turned out to be) two car dealers in 993's driving like morons and passing my rig on curvy two-lane roads on the way to Summit Point one Saturday morning.

They of course weren't very fast once they got on the track and were, as I recall, sent home later that day for inappropriate behaviour there too.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:26 AM
Fletcher..
Intermediate

I was following a moron in a Z28 in the fast lane that kept speeding up and slowing down and a 996TT pulled up behind me (I was in my Suburban) and he signaled, hit it and moved over two lanes, passing slower cars and then pulling over in front of the Camaro. He signaled for all lane changes and did not endanger any other cars, I thought it was a good move and would have done the same thing. Bottom line - there are good and bad drivers of all cars including Porsches, except the 356 guys.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:28 PM
GTR 993
Burning Brakes

I can't drive 55...............just kidding. There is nothing you can do about it. I see Hondites alllllllll day long in stock hondas even, driving FAST AND FURIOUS. And my wife and son are on the highway I feel sorry for the SOB that causes my wife to get in an accident. Sad Days are near for that small fella.

Quick Reply: black 996 on masspike this evening ---> IDIOT.