993 Forum 1995-1998

For Sale: Neu VW/Dynaudio 2.25" soft dome

Old 04-13-2015, 03:23 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts
Default SOLD OUT New VW/Dynaudio 2.25" soft dome

Sourced several additional VW/Dynaudio soft dome units in Germany this last trip. US customs didn't say a word. Their slip'in. PM to purchase a pair, they're suitable for the #490 HiFi speaker option'd cars. First come, first served. As Is.

$131.00 a pair USD. USA UPS Ground/Insured is $18 east of the Mississippi and $26 west of the Mississippi. New in VW/Dynaudio packaging.
As a reference these speakers cost $260. EACH @ A VW dealership. Some DIY is required for installation in the 993 HiFi options enclosure. A #1 on a DIY of 1 to 5 scale. A Rennlist search show's installation examples. PayPal add 4% of total. My PayPal ID is: ingrid.schneider@accenture.com

All Gone

EDIT:
Shipping to other countries? Case by case basis, sure. .. Buyer does the leg work; shipper/cost, $ exchange rates, etc. Our Atlanta, GA USA area post is 30041.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:45 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You know I'm interested. PM incoming.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:18 PM
phoneyman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are these the small drivers that come in the HiFi package? Im assuming the base stereo doesnt utilize this?
Old 04-14-2015, 01:58 AM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

These speakers replace the mid-range (middle-sized) speakers on the door panels for 993s with the Hi-Fi package. They are a substantial upgrade over the OEM speaker, from what I'm told.

Cars without the Hi-Fi package only have tweeters and mid-woofers, rather than tweeter, mid-range, & mid-woofer, in the door panels.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:37 AM
phoneyman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotcha, thanks. I figured thats what they were. I was lucky and the PO had put in Dynaudio speakers in and I really like them. Wasnt sure if these were for the rears or not since I havent looked at those for size.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:56 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

First responders; units shipped, numbers matching, same production batch. Made in Denmark..units.
Second responders; all units shipped UPS Ground insured/signature today Friday, 4/17

Spyder_Man -
PS. The Parts Express sourced RS100-4 didn't work out so well. Initial review of its off axis response at 1.2khz stray's substantially,, @ 15, 30 degrees. Because of this I didn't move forward with mounting in a HiFi enclosure. Additionally, it was becoming increasingly funky to aim correctly, keeping in the fashion with the OEM enclosure's ideal aim.
The TS-S062PRS units are mounted in yet another #490 HiFi enclosure - outsourced to a a local shop. Next step is to swap out a Seas woofer from the coupes present Seas/Dynaudio setup and have a listen. I've ditched the RS-100-4 possibility - for a reflective automobile interior, not ideal.. My chicken sht $.02

Originally Posted by Spyder_Man
You know I'm interested. PM incoming.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:23 AM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default VW/Dynaudio - MkV GTI, GLI fitment.

The VW/Dynaudio speaker, with a bracket, easily fits the Volkswagen MkV Golf chassis vehicle's; ala the GTI, Jetta, GLI, Sportwagen up to '10, etc.
A MkV Golf/Jetta Dynaudio HiFi sound system didn't make the trip to N. America, (with EOS exception) being looked on as to costly although very much a popular RoW option with the GTI, GLI, EOS and Scirocco crowd. The early years, MY05.5 and 06 N. American MkV production optionally offered a watered down version known as the VW Digital Sound System option. Its this DSS option which makes for a robust Plug N Play HiFi enhancement re-purposing a Dynaudio DSP/amplifier module. The Hi Performance aspect of these modules is in the robust DSP filtering.

The current DD is a MkV GTI with a Full Monty RoW Dynaudio upgrade. All stealth, non-invasive, do no harm.
The GTI's (MFD2 Navi w/DSS option) low cost VW-Lear DSP/amplifier module can be 100% Plug N Play swapped out with the significantly more robust RoW Hi Performance Dynaudio DSP/amplifier module. Its not to be over looked if you'er a MkV owner. The DSP module alone is an exemplary HiFi upgrade. Additionally, use of the VCDS software is required; simply need to instruct the CAN bus as to the Dynaudio presence. Its menu simple.

Anyway, might be of interest to fellow MkV GTI owners ..

There are 3 or 4 pairs left as we speak.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:11 AM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bump.
My inventory mis-calculation has one pair of the VW/Dynaudio's left.

SOLD OUT - GONE
Old 04-21-2015, 11:43 AM
Detoxx
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pm'd
Old 04-21-2015, 12:15 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

I just received my pair. They look brand new and we're packaged well enough to arrive without issue. I look forward to hearing them when my 993's stereo setup is fin any overhauled.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:45 PM
fullbooker
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile What an improvement!

I installed the Dynaudio speakers last night. Required a little minor engineering. Sounds great! So much better than the OEM speakers.
Phil

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For Sale: Neu VW/Dynaudio 2.25" soft dome