Received 824 Likes on 540 Posts

deleted

Last edited by cgfen; 01-04-2015 at 12:37 AM. Reason: so so sad
Old 01-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
At least we don't have to code new batteries on these antique 911s. About the last of the DIY battery replacements.........
I replaced the battery on 2 Cayennes and the biggest issue is tilting the driver's seat back to get the battery out (it's under the driver's seat). I've always considered the battery to be a maintenance item, at the first sign of trouble I replace it, it's not worth the frustration of being stranded in a gas station or grocery store parking lot over delaying the purchase of a $150 battery. I got 10 yrs. out of a BMW motorcycle battery one time but usually when a battery gets to be 5 yrs. old I'm preparing to replace it.

Oh and Steve, when a battery is fully discharged like that a 2 amp charger is most likely not going to get it back to full charge, you need to use something like a 10 amp (automatic) charger to get it back anywhere close to full charge. But after 37 mos. I think replacing the battery was the right call, just make sure nothing is draining the battery, kind of unusual for one to completely discharge like that over such a short period of time and be able to recover it at all.

Quick Reply: Help! Rufus is powerless.