993 Forum 1995-1998

Can a 911 do a burnout?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 09:31 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Supercar99
Thats a little judgmental mate. I had an sti for years, and dumping the clutch in that was a no-no. Now that im in a v8 rwd i love giving it a bit of gas when im not around anyone else. You can only do so many track days and windy roads in an AWD before corner exit speed gets dull and you wish it would just spin up and get sideways when you want it to. The TC button I have lets me be all about that putting power down life.

Dont tell me you scream around corners exiting with scalpel like precision at traffic lights on your daily commute!
I had a 04 STI and 07 GT500.
I loved launching the STI but i also appreciated the car for being nimble. I could put it sideways with the drive selector focused more in the rear. So i never had an issue with it not going sideways?

The Shelby was all torque and could melt the tires but that was about it. You could throttle steer it sideways but around town it is not like that is something you want to do.
The TC cuts throttle and power. Sucks for putting any power down. Axle hop was an issue.

I actually sold the 07 shelby after 5 years and bought a high mile 1995 porsche 911. Still have the car and was a great move.

The 911 is a better car. Better build, more comfortable and more fun to drive. Better resale too. In a 911 you become addicted to lateral grip and the g-force. Great brakes too.

entering tight corners around on-ramps and off ramps at speed as well as long radius turn entry and exit is more fun then blasting stop light to stop light at ticket rate speeds. It more about driving. Braking, accellerating, turn in etc... It is the next level beyond the simple minded burnout infactuation.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:37 PM
Supercar99
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I had a 04 STI and 07 GT500.
I loved launching the STI but i also appreciated the car for being nimble. I could put it sideways with the drive selector focused more in the rear. So i never had an issue with it not going sideways?

The Shelby was all torque and could melt the tires but that was about it. You could throttle steer it sideways but around town it is not like that is something you want to do.
The TC cuts throttle and power. Sucks for putting any power down. Axle hop was an issue.

I actually sold the 07 shelby after 5 years and bought a high mile 1995 porsche 911. Still have the car and was a great move.

The 911 is a better car. Better build, more comfortable and more fun to drive. Better resale too. In a 911 you become addicted to lateral grip and the g-force. Great brakes too.

entering tight corners around on-ramps and off ramps at speed as well as long radius turn entry and exit is more fun then blasting stop light to stop light at ticket rate speeds. It more about driving. Braking, accellerating, turn in etc... It is the next level beyond the simple minded burnout infactuation.
You're saying that because you've done the one, gotten bored of it, and moved on to the next.

You shouldn't judge the thread starter, perhaps he's enjoying things in the reverse order to you. When you're currently enjoying one thing it doesn't mean that that thing is all of a sudden better than something else. If someone grew up driving nothing but Porsches all his life and then went out and bought a Chevrolet SS with his own money when he hit 25, he'd probably be posting online about how great he thinks it is and how much fun he's having in it too.

And saying a 911 is better than a Mustang to support your argument is a bit disingenuous. If it wasnt, it wouldnt be worth or cost 4 times more would it.

The thread is about can a 911 drop a decent burnout or even take off sideways, and the answer is no. According to you the hundreds of guys trying to in the youtube compilations are idiots are youre not.

You must entertain the possibility that you're either a super smart person who is always right and very talented behind a wheel because you now think that spinning the wheels is only for morons, one in a hundred where everyone else is a moron or simple minded, or that you might be wrong. The numbers are not in your favor.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:42 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

This thread ran its course three years ago. Closing it now.

Quick Reply: Can a 911 do a burnout?