993 Forum 1995-1998

Long shot on locating another 4S

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 10:03 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Long shot on locating another 4S

This one doesn't have the tragic story of the white one--the guy bought one of the first Radical SR3's imported and sold his 4S track rat.

Dave Johnson was the owner, car was (I think) Midnight Blue. But maybe it was black! One of the first regeared 993s to ever show up. Dave was out of Orange County at that time, but we crossed paths mainly on instructing for Todd Serota's Tracquest outfit.

This car was stupid low, and I don't think it had the uprights replaced. Was a tough task to chase him around with my '92 C4.

I think someone in the Mooty food chain of track cars bought it from DJ 11-12 years ago. From there, anyone?

(Funnyism about DJ when he had the Radical. His buddy, who got the first SR3--Sunday Driver as a handle here who now has a Stohr--was one of the first adopters of data logging. He gets to X speed at Buttonwillow clockwise over Magic Mountain. One lap, DJ forgets to downshift and goes over at close to 110, nearly 15MPH faster. Uh? They'd found the aero hole in the Radical. Instantly found nearly 2 sec/lap.)
Old 07-26-2014, 01:29 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

ken,
you are getting old.
it's slate gray, not blk not blue ugh.
it had kinesses and oe wheels
dj sold to suwipin then sold to arnaud. arnaud sold it ten years or more ago. you might chk with him i fhe remembers but since he goes through cars faster than i do, he may not. i will email you arnaud's email.

see, i dont just konw Gt3, i also know 993 lmao

oh, the guy who bought from arnaud was from bay area too
Old 07-26-2014, 01:35 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Hey, I looked for photos I might have taken.

Never knew Arnaud ended up with it. Certainly didn't cross paths with him driving it.

He's off to a McLaren now, having sold a '10 GT3. And his airplane.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

yes, 650S and speciale. tough life i pity the man hahaha
i told him his plane is too small.
a big lear jet would be nice. not sure TH airport can accomodate that hahaha
why do you want that C4S?
Old 07-26-2014, 01:53 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

No, don't want any of these cars. Just with so many new owners, there are stories that are getting to be Olden Days.......shocking as it is to think about with 993s.

Best one I remember was the guy up in Seattle, think he owned a trucking company, that got a new one to club race. But it was totaled (or otherwise salvaged) prior to delivery. Always was hoping to get in on one of those deals.

Seems like few remember when they were new, fewer remember how many were put into beat-to-hell-on-the-track duty straight away. Anyway, consider my '95 is over 20 years old now. When I got my first 911, a 20 year old Porsche was just past the end of production for a 356 Speedster.

Quick Reply: Long shot on locating another 4S