Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Which seats are these?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

The RS/Speedster/944 Clubsport et. al. seats from Porsche are intermediate in width (around 415 mm) between the narrowest 395 mm wide Recaro SPG and 435 mm wide Recaro Pole/Profi XL models.

My RS seats were too narrow for me and the slots for the shoulder belts were below my shoulders - not good in a crash.

My Profi XL are a much better fit for me being both wider and taller with larger shoulder belt openings. Note that the SPG used in the Carrera Cup cars and available commercially has larger shoulder belt openings than an RS seat or Pole position.

So try the seats before you make an investment, RS/Pole seats are really for a shorter person than SPG or Profi Xl

Fat and short = Pole
Tall and skinny = SPG
Fat and tall = Profi XL
Skinny"ish" and short = RS

They all bolt to Porsche 16" track spacing using the appropriate side plates.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:07 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Ilko-- Sorry, I should have shot you a PM or similar.
I plugged the number you gave me into a search engine & it came up where you had publicly posted it on other sites.
Originally Posted by cgfen

What is available in the aftermarket that looks very much like these?

Thank you, but not looking to buy speedster seats, way too low ROI fro me and my use.

$$$
Craig-- You probably saw these, but if not: photos of reproductions that might interest you...

Old 06-24-2014, 01:22 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
Ilko-- Sorry, I should have shot you a PM or similar.
I plugged the number you gave me into a search engine & it came up where you had publicly posted it on other sites.
Which begs the question, if you already have my number why are you doing an internet search on it? And then posting it in this thread?
Old 06-24-2014, 01:25 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^^ I didn't get a response, so then checked/searched & verified I used the right one: you'd publicly posted it on multiple sites.
The good news is that the hyperlink raised your awareness, & that those sites appear to be controlled by you - so you can sanitize them.
[Edit / update: glad to see you just did exactly that!]
If you didn't appreciate being made aware, I apologize
...again - so to avoid more Off Topic here, text me if you wish to discuss further Hope you got my message last week.

Recaro Pole Positions?

Craig-- Back on-topic...
Pole Positions re-upholstered to look like Speedster seats:

Last edited by curve lover; 06-24-2014 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Update after seeing "Last edited by ilko; Today at 10:31 AM. Reason: Removed phone number" on a forum that showed his #
Old 06-24-2014, 01:43 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

964 Speedster seats.

Craig-- Depending on what you're after, these rare aftermarket versions received good reviews from a RLer:
Originally Posted by koenig_roland

here are my new Hahn`s RS-clone seats.

I`m very happy with the seats. The just replaced my SPG`s, but - i`m seating to high. Compared to the SPG`s, we talk about 5cm... that`s a lot. At the moment, i drive without the cushion...

I`ll try to get a thinner cushion. Curr back-cushion is about 5.8cm thick - i like one with just one centimeter...

Old 06-25-2014, 04:07 AM
LaurasOtherHalf
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
FYI - You can buy PPs with the three-color leather from the factory through the dealership network. I forget the details, but Google will help find the upholstery program. It was only something like $140 more for a pair and they do have black, dark grey, medium grey, and light grey (as well as others).
Does anyone have a link to this?i've never heard of it before in the uk & could be interested.

I've had a pair of SPGs sitting at home waiting to be reapolstered but it's always niggled me that the shape just isn't right with the extra squab in the kidney areas. PPs have the correct look but lose out on the poor belt hole positioning & the lack of seat strengthening ribs on the rear shells.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:53 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There's really no link I can point you to other than I found the information with "Google". There are references right on the Recaro Website where it says customization / upholstery. The program is known internally as S08 and you have to go directly through a Recaro dealer. They have a form / template (attached) and the upholstery available (suede, leather, and other - leather examples attached) or you can even provide your own upholstery, but that gets more expensive ($300 per seat vs. $150). Note that Recaro will not customize a seat without having the RECARO logo stitched into the seat. I was going with the tri-color monochrome black and grey and was going to do black stitch logo to keep it subtle (red example attached). You can even do deviated stitching no extra charge.

Paint the seat back and you are pretty close with a factory Recaro and maybe the subtle differences are a good thing. This is not an "RS Seat" rather a factory custom seat for your 993 :-)
Attached Images     
Old 06-25-2014, 01:40 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a Recaro dealer, I can check on that special order seats for you if you would like.

I also have Recaro Pole Position in black leather for $1320.00 with free shipping in the US.

-Jason
Old 06-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
I'm a Recaro dealer, I can check on that special order seats for you if you would like.

I also have Recaro Pole Position in black leather for $1320.00 with free shipping in the US.

-Jason
I bet if you set up a plan to connect customers with the S08 program you would differentiate your business from others selling Recaro seats.

Just a website publication of the colors and combinations shown here in post above by RonCT plus lead time and final pricing for different combinations by leather group color plus or minus stitching color combinations would do.

Just a thought.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^ 100% on what Cupcar said. I for one would be interested....
Old 06-25-2014, 03:24 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 539 Posts

Glad to see this thread sparked some interest and some sweet photo's by "curve lover", including the photo of his I used in the first post.

PS, I'm thin and short and the poles work well for me in a short test fit.
This style seat work for me, both functionally and aesthetically.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still waiting to hear back on the Recaro special order program.

-Jason
Old 06-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
I'm still waiting to hear back on the Recaro special order program.

-Jason
Add some comparative photos (of better quality than below) to show the difference in seats too and also how to pair the correct side plates with the tracks. It amazes me how much confusion there is on side plates not being right for the seat.

Photos like the one below comparing the Pole and XL show why the XL fits me and the Pole does not.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-27-2014, 07:17 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by curve lover
Craig-- Depending on what you're after, these rare aftermarket versions received good reviews from a RLer:
Here is the website of herr hahn

http://www.hahn-gfk.de/

and some photo's of finished product in can can red!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-9...gfk-seats.html

enjoy!
Old 07-15-2014, 09:25 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Here is the website of herr hahn

http://www.hahn-gfk.de/

and some photo's of finished product in can can red!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-9...gfk-seats.html

enjoy!
hmmmmmmmmmmm
i'm stilll trying to connect with hahn to see if they will sell these seats to California.
No response thus far to my entreaties in english, will have to try auf deutsch

Quick Reply: Which seats are these?