Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stolen 993 c2s Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 07:14 PM
Sen24
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The order of events went like this: I woke up at 4:45 to the sound of the car driving away. It was parked outside my bedroom window. I laid there for a few as I wasn't sure I dreamed it. Once i got up and say no car, I called the police. Since I told them I didn't actually see the car drive away(should've lied) they couldn't put it in the computer as stolen until i signed the paperwork at the station. That took over an hour and Im sure they were long gone.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:21 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Sen24
The order of events went like this: I woke up at 4:45 to the sound of the car driving away. It was parked outside my bedroom window. I laid there for a few as I wasn't sure I dreamed it. Once i got up and say no car, I called the police. Since I told them I didn't actually see the car drive away(should've lied) they couldn't put it in the computer as stolen until i signed the paperwork at the station. That took over an hour and Im sure they were long gone.
Telling the cops your car was stolen earlier today: zero f*cks given and it goes on the back burner forever.

Telling the cops someone is outside stealing your car RIGHT NOW: police are there in 5 minutes and top shelf service and priority.

Sad but true.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:40 PM
doublecabmel
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Default agreed

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Telling the cops your car was stolen earlier today: zero f*cks given and it goes on the back burner forever.

Telling the cops someone is outside stealing your car RIGHT NOW: police are there in 5 minutes and top shelf service and priority.

Sad but true.
I've gone as far as to say it looks like the person has a gun or weapon. Again, it gets them out faster.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't mean to hijack but the same thing happened to me but not in the Porsche, different outcome.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...rday-long.html
Old 05-25-2014, 03:44 AM
greenr
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Add me to the list. Second time in 4 years!!! Police don't give a ****
Old 05-25-2014, 12:16 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's not that they don't give a rats ***. It's that they know they are fighting a losing battle. Until everyone wakes up and realizes the system doesn't work, the ****heads will never feel like it's not worth the trouble to commit ANY crime. They say keeping them locked up "isn't the answer". Sorry, yes it is. These are hard core predators that will do anything to fullfill their "needs". I can pretty much assure you that these are street level gang bangers that found a new way to make money. Up the chain is the (slightly) more sophisticated thug that asked for the car. We have shops that need parts and have orders/request for specific cars to be parted out. Have seen the SAME person(s) arrested for multiple car thefts, just to be out in a few hours due to "over crowding". I'm sorry but I really wish some of these liberal federal judges would reap the rewards of their opinions. Then they might think that prison is not a bad place for the mutants that live amongst us. BE WARNED, THERE IS A HUGE AMOUNT OF VERY VIOLENT LIFETIME/CAREER CRIMINALS THAT ARE RUNNING FREE RIGHT NOW. This is not a rant. It's fact and I hate that alot of society have no idea how bad it really is. AB109 has burdened the local system to bleed at the seams at levels never imagined. Unless some drastic measures are taken, by the end of this decade CA will have more murderers (free) per capita than any other state.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:47 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,536 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by EntropyChaser993
The remote/immobilizer can be bypassed with the 4 digit security code. The security code can be looked up by VIN at a dealership.
Good point. the most likely senerio.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:47 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts

It just seems like a few 993's in the Los Angeles area have gotten stolen. It seems like a very specific car to steal, and that the thieves must have a fairly comprehensive knowledge of the 993 if they are able to circumvent the "immobilizer".

Quick Reply: Stolen 993 c2s Los Angeles