Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

seats showcase: Recaro OEM hardback bucket sport shells- RS/ Speedster/ GT1/ GT2, etc

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 12:15 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzilla

Damn. expensive.
"PORSCHE GENUINE RECARO BUCKET SPEEDSTER LIGHTWEIGHT SEATS" F.S. by eBayer '9552.ms;' item #271456189875.

$15,500 USD.

No mention if price includes the shoe
Originally Posted by 9552.ms

VERY, VERY RARE. Recaro Factory Stickers attached. Made for a Specific 1994 Speedster.

YOU MAY NEVER FIND THEM AGAIN.

THEy shall never get cheaper. Blue Chip Investment

two witout the stickers just went to Germany well over $10K each set.I have located another one: the owner has refused to sell them to me for any money, no kidding.

31 LB each.

I AM ENJOYING THEM ON MY AMERICA ROADSTER AT THE PRESENT TIME

I HAVE MORE AMERICA ROADSTER PARTS

Can you find another set for any price, higher or lower? Two years ago they were being sold below $4000-. Todd from the LA Dismantler Just sold two sets for $9K and $10K.

One year ago Todd sold a 1994 Speedster with the Factory Aluminum Hood and a Double Pipe Exhaust for $54K to France. An everage not so special 1994 Speedster on eBay has a bid NOW over $110K, and the reserve is not met.

I predict these seats in one year shall cost over $20K and a Speedster over $200K

I'll give you a $1 if it does not happen...and if it does , you'll give me $2-

FWIW, in subdued 'white on white' text, the seller covertly states:
Originally Posted by 9552.ms

tTHEY wotw

1994 964 911 Speedster Sport Buckets RS Turbo OEM Recaro Black Leather

Here is a oportunity to get your hands on some original and authentic 1994 911 Speedster Sport Bucket seats. These rare seats were offered and optioned on a select few Speedsters only in 1994. These are original unrefinished seats are in good used condition. The black leather is a little dry but free of any holes, rips or major defects. They show appropriate but not excessive wear for a pair of 20 year old seats. These lightweight seats are an excellent upgrade for your air cooled Porsche. These will bolt right into any 1975-1998 Porsche 911.rade for your air cooled Porsche. These will bolt right into any 1975-1998 Porsche 911.

Call us at 818-767-7243 if you have any questions.

Please note: Although our research team is working hard to provide accurate part numbers and descriptions, it is the buyer's responsibility to confirm fitment. Please double check before making a purchase on any parts or models that are different than specified in the descriptions.

Contact us anytime if you have questions, need more picture, or are simply are unsure of whether this part will fit the year, make, or model of the vehicle.

All our items are marked and sealed with security labels to prevent fraud

1994 964 911 Speedster Sport Buckets RS Turbo OEM Recaro Black Leather

Here is a oportunity to get your hands on some original and authentic 1994 911 Speedster Sport Bucket seats. These rare seats were offered and optioned on a select few Speedsters only in 1994. These are original unrefinished seats are in good used condition. The black leather is a little dry but free of any holes, rips or major defects. They show appropriate but not excessive wear for a pair of 20 year old seats. These lightweight seats are an excellent upgrade for your air cooled Porsche. These will bolt right into any 1975-1998 Porsche 911.rade for your air cooled Porsche. These will bolt right into any 1975-1998 Porsche 911.

Call us at 818-767-7243 if you have a
Old 08-26-2014, 11:13 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

"For Sale: Very Rare Porsche 1992 Euro Carrera RS leather OEM Recaro bucket seats" on Pelican Parts Forum.
Originally Posted by kycarguy 935

There were not many of these ROW Carrera RS’s made and never imported to the U.S. They were unavailable here.

The price is firm and they are $7,750 for the pair plus shipping. Shipping to California with $8,000 insurance was around $500. Would be less the closer to Kentucky/Ohio you are. The Uhaul wardrobe boxes cost about $12.00 each for shipping. They can always be picked up in North East Kentucky if you are in driving distance. I am about 3 hours from Cincinnati, Ohio and 2 and a half from Columbus, Ohio. Thanks...

Originally Posted by kycarguy 935

Old 08-27-2014, 08:19 AM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
"PORSCHE GENUINE RECARO BUCKET SPEEDSTER LIGHTWEIGHT SEATS" F.S. by eBayer '9552.ms;' item #271456189875.

$15,500 USD.
That seems insane. I have the exact same seats, except they're in much better condition and have the two-tone gray center panels. $15K? No way. $5K maybe.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:28 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by NP993

$15K? No way. $5K maybe.
Noah-- Can't make this stuff up: I just clicked on the auction's link
...it now reads $18,900 USD 'Buy It Now' price.

I knew eBay prices could be lowered; raising them's a new thing to me!

That makes these look affordable at ~$5,925 USD...
GermanSportsCars.net's "PORSCHE 964 / 993 BUCKET SEATS WITH BLACK LEATHER UPHOLSTER:"
Originally Posted by Thomas Josef Schmitz

BUCKET SEATS WITH BLACK LEATHER UPHOLSTER

TO FIT PORSCHE 964 / 993

WAS FITTED IN A 993 GT 2 WHEN WE GOT THEM.

PRICE : 4911 Euro

Old 01-03-2015, 02:45 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Border brand seats may be an option for some.
As seen on Macca's car, & recently ordered by Kiwi Carguy:
Originally Posted by Macca

I have been very happy with the outcome...

Border CF backed SP5 recaro style bucket seats trimmed in classic grey leather with contrast silver grey stitching including generic slider system and side brackets. These were relatively cheap and they are suited to a slightly larger driver than the Recaro PP and their kin, good for someone up to 6'2" and100kg (220lb). Slightly wider base while remaining fairly upright and with a shoulder forward driving postion. I was very lucky with these, when I got into them they felt like a glove with my hands, seat and shoulders being optimally positioned. Possibly just lucky. Very light weighing 10kg less including brackets and sliders than my previous sport seats they were good for a afir weight saving too. Cheap at 1300 usd landed airfeight (in full standard black leather), they are one of the better quality seats available of their type weighing 7.3kg seats only with real CF shell. The feel rock solid firm with little/no flex when installed. Ridged and strong the workmanship is at least 8/10. You can order suede type inserts (which I will be doing shortly in grey). Havent figured out how to mount my extingusher and bracket yet (saving a further 3kg+!). Border I believe also make a line called "bride" used in the Jap tuner circles. They are a Taiwanese company and excellent to deal with (Chloe their sales girl has excellent english and is very helpful). They make an FIA approved SP4 (slighy smaller base) for an extra 2-300usd. You sit nice and snug in these seats, they give extra feedback form the engine and transmission and you honestly feel like drivig faster in them - the car just seems so much more "chuckable"! I loved the two 35 minute stints I did in them. The only thing I would say is that for trips of 1 hour plus they could become less comfortable given they dont have lumber supports build in like comfort seats. They are also a little harder to get in and out of!

Enjoy the pics.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy

So now that I have the seats in I thought I'd post up my thoughts on them.

I originally bought these seats because Macca has them in his 993 so I have seen them in the flesh, sat in them, know the finish etc and they were well priced. The other reason is that they are period correct for the car.

Overall the experience was good. Dealing with Border was a little difficult at times due to the language differences etc and I honestly wasn't entirely sure I was going to get what I had ordered until I had opened the boxes despite trying very hard to be as clear as possible. Thankfully I did! For example in the end I was only charged for one set of suede inserts instead of two as they thought I only wanted them for one seat?! So be really clear with your communications, I even provided photoshopped pictures with arrows etc!

For the price they are great seats. Mine are not "flawless" and below is pics of a few "blemishes" although you would only spot them if you were looking for imperfections.

1) The carbon weave in the odd place has moved so the thread isn't straight. Again you probably wouldn't notice this unless you had the seats out and inspecting them.

2) There is one small section around 10-15mm where the stitching isn't tight.

3) The stitching where your shoulder blades are appears to be quite tight and "pulling". I emailed Border and this was their response.... Dear James, It is normal, don’t worry

Other than that they look great. The items above would only bother you if you are a Virgo That is the only downside of buying offshore that it is very difficult for the company to provide a resolution if something isn't right.

Now Macca paid circa $1800 for his a few years back. Since then they have increased the cost of the seats and the sliders and rails are now extra too. My seats cost in total $2972.05 NZD all up including gst, customs, freight etc. That was for two seats, rails, sliders and a second set of suede inserts. Gst, customs, duty etc was $375.44

So a lot more than Macca paid and I'd had hoped to have more left over from my sports seat sale to fund some more mods. Some of this would have been due to the exchange rate as well.

Overall they are a great seat and look good in the car. I've shed some weight and the interior looks "new" again. The seats will also provide me with more support than the Sport Seats Sofas.

More pics...

Originally Posted by Macca

James. Looks good. If any consolation my CF weave is a bit squiffy around the same spot. I looked at a set of Recaro PP in CF (rare) in a race car at Rennsport Motorsport Weekend in Sydney last may and it seemed teh CF was off in places too. I think its pretty hard to use single sheets of CF with shapes like this without nip and tuck and some movement of the fabric during the wet lay process.

The stitching you show left and right on the fronts where you back goes is the same as mine. Its not as obvious on mine because they classic grey. I thought the leather looked stressed there and would tear eventually but after 3 years, 20,000km and lots of track and road work they look exactly the same as they did when delivered in that area so it must just be the way they finish off the stitching there (tension for strength and tying off etc).

They arent perfect but they are very light, comfortable especially for a taller driver, have the benefit of being sized to suit a larger waist/*** not an Italian midget racing driver like the Recaro PPs and at least they were good value back at the time I ordered them when the sliders and side mounts were included in the price. I did pay extra for some alacantera inserts to be made (slightly thicker quab) and shipped a few months after receiving the seats. Im gald I did that as I have the original inserts sitting new as spares and the alcantara ones have worn well and been comfy.

At 3000 NZD they are "fair value" I think (by way of contrast black leather Recaro PPs, with side mounts and sliders landed would probably be over 5K with GST etc. However I concede they arent the bargain they were when I bought them...

Ahh interesting I didn't realise you got the inserts after. I agree with the CF laying and it didn't bother me. Just trying to give a fair evaluation of them for anyone reading and considering buying. Honestly you only really notice when they are out of the car. Funny your comments about fit as I am a "medium" sized guy and mine fight from on me, even Annette commented on the size/fit.

The link to Border seats is here http://www.border.com.tw/admin/produ...p?id=45&upid=3

At the end of the day I doubt you would find a set that meets the same criteria for less $$.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:08 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

A friend just PMed, looking for Porsche OEM RS / Speedster Recaro painted hardback sport bucket seats.

If anyone knows of any for sale that aren't posted here, please post (or send me a PM if you prefer).

He said he's familiar with everything on eBay.de, which is where I found these:
"2 x Recaro Schalensitz Porsche 911 964 RS Sitz Original" FS by eBayer celline69, item #301517643459.

EUR 12.000,00 (~$13,500 USD):
Originally Posted by eBay's celline69

verkaufe zwei original Recaro Sportsitze für Porsche 964 RS in gutem Zustand.
Teilenummern: 964.521.004.66 und 964.521.003.66

Nach aktuellem EU-Recht Privatverkauf; keine Garantie oder Rückgabe.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:19 AM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

New tricks for an old dog?

I'm not sure about those.....
Old 03-09-2015, 01:36 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Holy wow ^^ didn't even notice the seats' significance at first.

What a makeover!
...Speaking of: just replied to your question asking for an Audi interior opinion

Old 03-09-2015, 01:47 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

A friend just PMed, looking for Porsche OEM RS / Speedster Recaro painted hardback sport bucket seats.

If anyone knows of any for sale that aren't posted here, please post (or send me a PM if you prefer).
He said he's familiar with everything on eBay.de, which is where I found these:
"Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS Sitze Sportsitze Leder schwarz" FS by eBayer vw-box, item #111601957493.

EUR 5.999,95 (~$6,565 USD). Damage in the last photo makes these cheaper ...a relative term
Originally Posted by eBay's vw-box

Die Sitze stammen aus einem BJ 1992 Porsche 911 / 964 RS. Sie sind in einem guten, aber gebrauchten Zustand. Ultraleicht und ein muss für den sportliuch ambitionierten Fahrer. Eine kleine Beschädigung im Bezug, siehe Bild 4. Leider sind die originalen Aufkleber nicht mehr vorhanden, nur noch ein Bild davon vom Vorbesitzer. Gebrauchsspuren an den Sitzschalen, sonst super erhalten.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:41 PM
dlee888
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What an amazing compilation of reference photos!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!
Old 03-10-2015, 02:16 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by dlee888

amazing compilation of reference photos!!!!
One of the most amazing seats I've seen had custom houndstooth inserts

Hopefully others will pitch in to help a RLer friend who's looking for a set.
His 1st choice is black with grey centers, as seen in this 964 Speedster, but the seller wants $329,000 for them
P.S. You've got a PM

Old 03-13-2015, 03:06 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default FS- Genuine 964RS/993RS Seats-Hard shell made by Recaro, unobtanium! $6,000

Originally Posted by curve lover

I texted him about the following:

Posted today on PelicanParts.com's 'Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted' forum: "FS- Genuine 964RS/993RS Seats-Hard shell made by Recaro, unobtanium! $6,000"
by seller cvlcporsche
...AKA, RLer Nathan1...
Originally Posted by nathan1

Its extremely painful for me to do this but I have decided to part with my set of OEM 964RS/993RS Seats. I have two sets (other set I am keeping) and this set has been stored in my attic out of the car since 1999. These were purchased new directly through Porsche parts and were installed in my 3.8 liter M491 car. Back in 1997 these seats were ~$10k from the dealer. They are correct for the 964RS or 993RS, they look the same as the 964 Speedster seats, however they do not have the trampoline bases those seats have.

The leather is in perfect shape, they have maybe 5,000 miles of seat time on them. They were originally all black center cushions however when they were removed a well known dealer (who shall remain nameless, still mad...) lost the lower cushions, so I no longer have the OEM perforated leather cushions. I do have a set of Recaro cushions but to be perfect they need to be covered in the perforated leather to match the upper cushions. The stickers are also not present on the bottoms of the seats, for whatever reason they were removed when the seats were installed. There are some minor scratches on the backrests from years of storage. I would call the seats a 8/10 for condition. Due to the few issues mentioned above I am selling the seats for $6k USD, I know what a pristine set brings so these are a great deal and allows someone to paint the backs to match their car and do the center cushions in whatever material/color them wish.

Price- $6k USD + Paypal fees + actual shipping costs

Old 03-13-2015, 03:22 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

wow, and, wow
Old 03-15-2015, 05:28 AM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Going to Spa for a TD next weekend, so I have robbed the PP from my 964 to go in the 993 going to look odd in a light grey/ blue cabin

Pics later

Name:  C833C295-09D0-4482-988E-B70A59EC7662_zpsvj1db3ye.jpg
Views: 3765
Size:  137.5 KB
Old 03-18-2015, 11:59 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^^ Can't wait to see your SPA 993 pics

P.S. From the bum imprint: LOTS of forward acceleration in your 964

VERY RARE RECARO A 8 SEATS

PRICE : 5500 EURO" ~$7,400 USD
Originally Posted by gonzilla

Damn. These have gotten expensive.
Every few months, Recaro does a heritage write-up of a past achievement.

Their pricing is understated ...but technically correct:
Originally Posted by Recaro.com

Treasures from our past - May 2014

Celebrating of the RECARO seat the “A8”

The basis for the development of a new RECARO seat in the late 1980s was the seat study “Sylam A8.” The system laminate “Sylam” developed by KEIPER RECARO allowed high-strength plastics to be connected with metal parts in production. The study ultimately resulted in the “A8,” with which the method was first applied in series. The model, which was named after the autobahn A8 leading to Kirchheim/Teck, featured an attractive design. It was the world’s first seat with a backrest made of fiberglass-reinforced plastic. What made it special: The shell was self-supporting and
produced using injection molding. Only the backrest mounting support and adjusters as well as the connection to the seat rail were made of metal.

RECARO offered customers the option of personalizing the design of the seat: The backrest and seat could be ordered in Metallic Silver or understated Black. The upholstery was available in Black-Grey, Black-Color, fabric, or leather. If the right choice was still not found among this large variety, custom paint jobs and upholsteries could also be chosen. In this way it also came to pass that an “A8” in Pink-Violet was exhibited for the premiere of seat at the RECARO booth at the IAA 1989. The cover typical for the seat with the RECARO logo on the backrest was more of a last resort: The backrest unlocking device was originally slated to be attached at this point, but this idea did not prevail.

Even today, the “A8” is a coveted collector’s item: Well-maintained seats often sell for more than 1,000 euros each.

Quick Reply: seats showcase: Recaro OEM hardback bucket sport shells- RS/ Speedster/ GT1/ GT2, etc