Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Top Gear Imports 97 C2 (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/793499-top-gear-imports-97-c2.html)

oMenRC51 01-02-2014 02:59 PM

Top Gear Imports 97 C2

Aside from the mixed reviews on this dealership, does anyone know this car?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...US_Cars_Trucks

Thanks in advance.

JT

six gun 01-02-2014 03:34 PM

It LOOKS like a very nice, well sorted coupe. I would call and ask for a car Fax. They should have one or he capacity to get one for you.
The only flag I saw was a redeipt from "Victory Motors" in the stack of receipts, it looks like it made a stop there at some point in its life. If you have not heard of Victory Motors, do a search on here and make up your own mind.
Good luck and if you decide to pursue it, someone from here may be willing to put a pair of eyes on it for you.

oMenRC51 01-02-2014 07:07 PM

If it weren't for my 6TT, I would of bought this ducktail'd C2.

I have the car fax and some notes from the conversation I had with Sean. If anyone is interested. Thanks for reading.

P-daddy 01-02-2014 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by six gun (Post 11019995)
It LOOKS like a very nice, well sorted coupe. I would call and ask for a car Fax. They should have one or he capacity to get one for you.
The only flag I saw was a redeipt from "Victory Motors" in the stack of receipts, it looks like it made a stop there at some point in its life. If you have not heard of Victory Motors, do a search on here and make up your own mind.
Good luck and if you decide to pursue it, someone from here may be willing to put a pair of eyes on it for you.

Looks like Valley Motors to me not Victory.

Nice looking car and priced well for the miles, mods, and condition.

il pirata 01-02-2014 07:56 PM

I do not know the car but:

Driver's seat looks very worn...if you scroll down the pictures there is one side shot showing a big scrub mark on the outside bolster. Wrinkles etc in seat. Passenger seat a little better. Might be able to recondition seats.

I would bet in person the paint in the sunlight will not be great.

Missing two original key fobs.

Not sure what is up with air intake in the engine compartment, normally straight back, this one is pointing up.

Lots of non-OEM stuff generally means less value, especially body.

You are going to have to have someone real good do a PPI including leak down with these guys plus a good body with a paint meter. Their rep is just too mixed.

They are all the way on the other side of the country...nothing wrong from buying out of state just more work. Not like you can just drive down and check it out yourself.

I would ask here for a Rennfax first...based on previous stories that may not happen in which case I would pass.

P-daddy 01-02-2014 08:41 PM

Bob- that thing pointing up at the intake is the intake snorkel for deck lid with fixed wing. The lid sits higher than the retractable factory one.

fatmike 01-02-2014 11:13 PM

Nice looking car. I like the mods and overall look. Two things caught my eye in the ad:

1 - All original paint "Except one panel". So clearly want to understand why a panel was painted (accident)?
2 - Looks like the car has Fabspeed Supercup exhaust (no muffler at all).

/

il pirata 01-02-2014 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by P-daddy (Post 11020725)
Bob- that thing pointing up at the intake is the intake snorkel for deck lid with fixed wing. The lid sits higher than the retractable factory one.

Thanks!

MtlAlex 01-03-2014 03:49 PM

Does Top Gear import have a web site?? I can't seem to find one?

six gun 01-03-2014 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by MtlAlex (Post 11022728)
Does Top Gear import have a web site?? I can't seem to find one?

No, but they say they are working on one.

il pirata 01-03-2014 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by six gun (Post 11022940)

And the check is in the mail

Quadcammer 01-03-2014 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by il pirata (Post 11020618)
I do not know the car but:

Driver's seat looks very worn...if you scroll down the pictures there is one side shot showing a big scrub mark on the outside bolster.
Missing two original key fobs.

the seat doesn't look unusual. a bigger or slightly less careful owner and you get that. seats can be redone.

I don't see the missing key fobs. I see the original switchblade key.

MtlAlex 01-03-2014 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by six gun (Post 11022940)

thanks, It always amaze me how a dealership doesn't have a working web site…oh well.

996scott 01-03-2014 08:46 PM

love those wheels!

PRSWILL 01-03-2014 08:55 PM

From What I understand, Top Gear is a warehouse broker. they list their cars on e-bay, but sell mostly to other dealers. I bought my car from a dealer that knows the owner really well and they do a good job of finding really nice cars, but aren't from what I understand, a great place to buy cars unless you REALLY know what you want. It's not like they have a showroom- they don't- and have a lot of foot traffic. I'd classify them as a high-end , specialty broker.