Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Hey Sonny1 - thanks for selling me those POS 997 carrera ll wheels

Old 11-15-2013, 02:39 AM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Perfect condition is an absolute. I personally would be very reluctant to use that term, but the wheels as described and pictured, aren't even remotely in the ballpark of perfect. The condition of the wheels was not addressed by the seller.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:43 AM
For202fly
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See...more crazy. Sooo, who has the wheels...and who has the money?? I just tuned in to this "Soap".
Old 11-15-2013, 08:23 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Too early for a bowl of exploded maize, so I'm joining the festivities with a coffee.

Andreas
Old 11-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't know about you guys but i find it very disturbing the the OP has recovered his money and is now selling the wheels on he did not pay a penny for...

So who paid for the wheels? Paypal? If so, how can he be selling the wheels?

Selling used stuff is allways tricky... Managing expactations....
Old 11-15-2013, 09:11 AM
sonny1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RodKnock
Perfect condition is an absolute. I personally would be very reluctant to use that term, but the wheels as described and pictured, aren't even remotely in the ballpark of perfect. The condition of the wheels was not addressed by the seller.
I guess you are right in using the word "perfect, or excellent", it is very subjective, but I send the guy, for me at least a great set of used wheels,they are what they are ,they might have some scratches, etc, but mine did not have no curb rash, etc., I send him by EMail with more detailed pics of the wheels per his request and he agreed, even so when he received them he PM'd me saying that "we have to talk", giving me his phone #, I called right away, he said that one of the wheels was out of round by 1/8", (this was about a week of him receiving the wheels), I right away did not even argued, I could thou, since he had a previous screening of the wheels with the pics I provided, argue against him returning them.
I have try to post the original pics send to him in this post, but for some reason the uploads has failed.I'll send some to the modulator(Bob)
Sonny.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

All in favor of Bob Rouleau and 91SLOW henceforth being called "modulators", please raise your glasses like this:

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 11-15-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sonny1
I guess you are right in using the word "perfect, or excellent", it is very subjective, but I send the guy, for me at least a great set of used wheels,they are what they are ,they might have some scratches, etc, but mine did not have no curb rash, etc., I send him by EMail with more detailed pics of the wheels per his request and he agreed, even so when he received them he PM'd me saying that "we have to talk", giving me his phone #, I called right away, he said that one of the wheels was out of round by 1/8", (this was about a week of him receiving the wheels), I right away did not even argued, I could thou, since he had a previous screening of the wheels with the pics I provided, argue against him returning them.
I have try to post the original pics send to him in this post, but for some reason the uploads has failed.I'll send some to the modulator(Bob)
Sonny.
After reading this, I think it is very clear just what happened here.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:58 AM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RodKnock
Agree. The only time one should describe something as "perfect" is if it's....perfect. Doesn't excuse the buyer's behavior, but as Juha pointed out, selling used parts is all about managing expectations. Don't call something perfect if it's not -- because the buyer is going to expect perfection when he opens the box, and when he doesn't get perfection, he's going to be angry and disappointed.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:02 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Juha G
Selling used stuff is allways tricky... Managing expactations....
True.

Always under sell, and over deliver. Then it's easy.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:08 AM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

Received 2,632 Likes on 1,663 Posts

After receiving pos wheels I researched you - whoa, you're a crook IMHO.

You offer to refund my money, but previous victims say you offer to refund money and then make it difficult to receive them. Then you email me two different ups accounts with undeliverable addresses. The wheels end up being held at the ups facility because they can't deliver them. You don't receive any of them . . . Hmmmmmmm

I asked for a refund via PayPal - no correspondence from you
I filed a fraud claim on the credit card - received $800.
PayPal closed the case due to the credit card claim and are actually defending you now on that - go figure.
PayPal did not rule in my favor or refund any money - I am still out about $800
I had already wasted more than $1600 of my time and garage space, so the only thing to do was ship them back to you.
I was really surprised ups shipped them back to me.

If you want to clear all this up I can give the cc refund back and retract the claim, you can refund the wheels price and get me some shipping labels - and I will apologize.

I do not feel sorry for you freight charges, you shipped crap. I shipped them back per you email. You did not pick them up when notified. I did not ask to have them shipped back to me.

I also had costs. I was not happy with the wheels, but had tires mounted on them because my daily driver was down. I had to have them unmounted because they were crap, then wait another week for a good set of wheels to arrive.

I have lots of proof on everything I have said. You will have an opportunity to tell it to the judge if I can find your real I'd and address. I have lots of time to pursue pet projects. My bank also actively pursues fraud and I will help them. It's a matter of principle.

Sorry but these are the facts.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:29 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 539 Posts

interesting stor(ies)
my personal take away?
Don't do business with either the buyer or the seller, too much risk of being disappointed.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Wait...you put tires on the wheels and used them and still thought you had right to return them...?

Maybe you also drove into a pothole and bent the rim and curbed the others?

I'm not trying to take sides but obviously, and judging only on what he wrote, the OP has a terrible way of handling his businesses...
Old 11-15-2013, 11:38 AM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 38 Posts

This is why I always downgrade items I sell and take lots of pictures. I don't want to deal with the hassel of having an item returned.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:38 AM
BHMav8r
Rennlist Member

Received 2,632 Likes on 1,663 Posts

I did not use them - I found out they were bent - that was the last straw - I had the tires taken off and asked for a refund.

The puttied hole was not visible when I got the wheels because it had a old tire mounted on it. Which BTW I was told had 75% tread, but only had 20% tread. Also said they were P Zeroes all the way around and they were not.

You can see how I have advertised them in the for sale thread.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Ok, sorry... I read it wrong. I thought you used them also...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey Sonny1 - thanks for selling me those POS 997 carrera ll wheels