Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a raffle for a Fister exhaust at our event? $25 per ticket
Yes - 1 ticket
53.13%
Yes - 2 tickets
12.50%
No
34.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Looking for Fister users in Dallas/North Dallas area

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,274 Posts
Default Video Links

Thanks to all who made this event a memorable one! I saw a previous post asking for videos - here you go. First is the Stage III's and the second is the Stage III's with sport cats.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:53 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Great pics as always Len!

What an awesome gathering of 993's. Still cryin cause I missed. Brian, Darin, Scott, RAC, and everyone congrats on putting together a great event.

Is this gonna be an annual event?
I'm sure everyone that attended would love to make this an annual get together.

Last edited by csmab; 01-12-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:18 PM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnave
Thanks to all who made this event a memorable one! I saw a previous post asking for videos - here you go. First is the Stage III's and the second is the Stage III's with sport cats. Video Link: http://youtu.be/rwMkN9jfmfk Video Link: http://youtu.be/LPrUXTuIrgo
Thank you for the video. I have never heard my car from the outside while driving or doing a burnout. Believe it or not the noise level isn't bad at all unless you are driving hard. Fister did a great job keeping the drone away.

Judging by this video, it's almost time for a new clutch ... A bit of a lag after the shift. Perfect for a lwf upgrade.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:24 AM
SonnyT
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a great meetup, and fun to meet so many 993 fans. Special thanks to Brian, Scott (coffeman), Darin, Opo (he hauled 4 cars just for this event!!).

During lunch a few of us discussed doing a group drive and I'm certainly up for it. The discussion was a weekend drive around the Eureka Springs area in Ark and 'meena (Tallimena) - some absolutely fantastic roads.

Apart from this, I've done a lot of rides in the local area with a group of fellow motorcycle riders that started on the north side of Dallas and wound through various curvy country roads through small towns like Leonard, Ana, Selena, Pilot Point, Muenster, etc. This was a decade ago, before I switched to roadracing motorcycles, but I can dig up those routes and plan a brunch route if anybody is interested. It would be a half-day drive.

There's enough group pics, so here's some others I took. If anybody has privacy concerns with their number plate or face, just let me know and I'll take it down.

The supercharged beast:

The bumperete delete with euro lights on a dark car is a really clean look, gotta put this on my list:

Dig that clean look without the rear bumperrete

Hey, we're missing the mid-90s:

Ok, fixed:

Kewl sportster:

How many tails do we have here?

Turbo Tail

Quack, quack:

Opo's lineup on the right:

I think this was a RUF conversion or something, instead of the rain gutter delete it had a panel to smooth out the leading edge of the gutter.

I really liked this RS rocker panel, gave the car a much lower stance.

I just had to sit inside this one, I'm very much a fanboy of the 80's classics and the TR is very distinctive

The RUF guys had stashed this away in the back

Old 01-13-2014, 08:09 AM
boxcarracer
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 40 Posts

You mean the RAC guys? RUF is in Michigan, last I heard.
Looks like a great meet, makes me wish I lived in TX.
My old wheels are looking good in this pic!
Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:08 AM
SC2993
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts

Just like the Lotto winner that surfaces after a few days to claim their prize here I am! What a great time and thanks to all that put the event together! Nice to see some old friends and meet some new ones!

Darin sent some Stage II's to RAC but after hearing the difference between the II's & III's I have decided on III's! As soon as I get them installed I will report back with a huge grin on my face!
Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 AM
wheelerdealer55
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#boxcarracer : Great wheels that found many great family members! :bowdown
Old 01-13-2014, 10:46 AM
KLSpeed27
Racer

What a great time! It was really cool getting to meet Darin and all of the 993 owners, what a great group of people! I wish I could have stuck around for lunch but my daughter had a gymnastics meet in Galveston On Sunday and I had to get on the road.
Since I didn't win the Fister cans I now have to come up with a story to convince the wife that my car NEEDS new mufflers...
Old 01-13-2014, 10:54 AM
97_993C2
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
You mean the RAC guys? RUF is in Michigan, last I heard.
Looks like a great meet, makes me wish I lived in TX.
My old wheels are looking good in this pic!
In case you were not aware RAC was the RUF US representative before Michigan. I know they did the RUF conversion on KMY's(?) red 993 from California. A lot of us DFW "oldtimers" will still occasionally refer to RAC as RUF.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:55 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by KLSpeed27
What a great time! It was really cool getting to meet Darin and all of the 993 owners, what a great group of people! I wish I could have stuck around for lunch but my daughter had a gymnastics meet in Galveston On Sunday and I had to get on the road.
Since I didn't win the Fister cans I now have to come up with a story to convince the wife that my car NEEDS new mufflers...
after 19 years, simply tell her they are rattling, indicating the internal baffles have let go and there's the potential for debris to come out of the exhaust and damage a car behind you in traffic - leading, of course, to a lawsuit. that should take care of it.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:34 PM
KLSpeed27
Racer

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
after 19 years, simply tell her they are rattling, indicating the internal baffles have let go and there's the potential for debris to come out of the exhaust and damage a car behind you in traffic - leading, of course, to a lawsuit. that should take care of it.
Great idea! She's pretty sharp - I hope she falls for it.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:06 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

What a great event! I can't stop thinking about how fun it was.
I LOVE TEXAS!
The food, the people, the Porsches......what's not to like.
Thanks to everyone who came. It was truly a great gathering.
Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2014, 12:12 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words and I'm glad everyone considered it a success. I'd be glad to help out with any future meetings. Like I said earlier, there WILL be other gatherings. If for no other reason to make sure Will can attend one. Not sure when or what format, but it will happen so stay tuned to this forum for future announcements.

For those of you waiting for "significant other" approval for Fisters - just do it and ask for forgiveness later! If you don't, it's an immediate loss of man-points. Once y'all get them installed, the rest of us will need to give them a sound check, so that will be the basis for our next gathering!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:59 AM
boxcarracer
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 97_993C2
In case you were not aware RAC was the RUF US representative before Michigan. I know they did the RUF conversion on KMY's(?) red 993 from California. A lot of us DFW "oldtimers" will still occasionally refer to RAC as RUF.
Yes, I am aware.
I was corrected when I spoke with Ruf in Germany, so I wanted to pass the correction along
Old 01-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

My cars arrive safe and sound early this morning a big S/O to Hans and RAC staff, this guys washed my cars and made sure they arrived clean at my house
Can't wait til the next one

Quick Reply: Looking for Fister users in Dallas/North Dallas area