Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a raffle for a Fister exhaust at our event? $25 per ticket
Yes - 1 ticket
53.13%
Yes - 2 tickets
12.50%
No
34.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Looking for Fister users in Dallas/North Dallas area

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 09:56 PM
wheelerdealer55
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone that made today happen.. It was great to see so many 993 lunatics in one place with the same addiction! :-) bring on the madness!! :-)
Old 01-11-2014, 10:02 PM
RUF hauler
Intermediate

Thank you to Brian (bbs993tt ), Scott from Office Perks, and Darin Fister for all pulling schedules together for such a great event.

We truly had a great time hosting and seeing such an incredible gathering of the 993's we are all so passionate about.

I, as everyone else, can't wait to see some of the professional shots taken from some of big cameras that were clicking off shots all morning !!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:07 PM
97_993C2
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks to Rich for getting the ball rolling, to Brian and the whole crew at RAC for putting it all together, Scott (coffeman) for providing you know what, and Darin for personally flying in for this event. Sorry if I left anybody out.

It was a great time and a pleasure to meet a great bunch of new (to me) fellow Rennlist 993 owners.

JoAnne, you and Robert SHOULD have come down. You guys are honorary members of the DFW 993 crew. After all Darin flew all the way from California for this.

BTW "Mr. 993", Rudy, aka Opo, gets the award for bringing the most 993s - 4 ! - and unique colors, besides.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Looks like a great GTG, man what some of us would do to get weather/temps like that around this time of year.

Nice pics and keep them coming!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:41 PM
cajunboy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a great time today and pleasure of seeing so many 993's. Thanks everybody for making this happen.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Geowar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rsabeebe, so what fister's are you ordering?
Old 01-12-2014, 12:07 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

since moving to dallas, i haven't really had the time to connect with too many 'car people' yet - a 3 y/o old daughter, a new job, a new house, etc. have kept us very busy. it was great to plug back in to the car community again and today's event was just amazing - what a phenomenal turnout!!

thanks to Brian for coordinating with Darin @ Fister and RAC and really getting behind making this happen. having spent time running many, many events for the BMW CCA on the east coast, i initially contacted Darin to see if we could get him involved firsthand with our event. when we made contact, Darin told me Brian had already had the same thought and things were in the works. it's always great to work with people who get behind a plan and make it happen.

the raffle today was a great success and we need to thank Darin and Bill for offering such great items for the event. having vendors get involved with events like ours today speaks volumes to their commitment to the community. both gentleman are absolutely first-class.

i'm looking forward to the next event already...

have to give a shout out to rudy (Opo) for bringing not 1, not 2, not 3, but FOUR 993s with him last night to have on hand today. this dude is a serious p-car nut and it was great to finally meet him.

i forgot my dig camera today, so i'm left with only iphone photos. i'd love to see, as many others have mentioned, a place to view and download pics from today's event at some point.

@geowar - after hearing several options today, i plan to pair a set of Fister IIIs with the sport cats i have laying in the garage. i was lucky enough to win one of the Fister $50 certificates today, so i told Darin i would be using that certificate in short order.

so... what are we doing next??
Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2014, 12:57 AM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 351 Likes on 189 Posts

Here are a few more pics from today's meet...
Attached Images     
Old 01-12-2014, 01:11 AM
lil walk
Intermediate

Guys, I genuinely enjoyed myself today at the Fister sound-off. I truly appreciate the commitment made by the organizers and certainly all the sponsors that ensured a good time was had by all.

To All, thanks for the experience!!!

Pics will come….
Old 01-12-2014, 02:15 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by 97_993C2
Thanks to Rich for getting the ball rolling, to Brian and the whole crew at RAC for putting it all together, Scott (coffeman) for providing you know what, and Darin for personally flying in for this event. Sorry if I left anybody out.

It was a great time and a pleasure to meet a great bunch of new (to me) fellow Rennlist 993 owners.

JoAnne, you and Robert SHOULD have come down. You guys are honorary members of the DFW 993 crew. After all Darin flew all the way from California for this.

BTW "Mr. 993", Rudy, aka Opo, gets the award for bringing the most 993s - 4 ! - and unique colors, besides.

I know. It's my fault I blew it big time. I wasn't keeping track of the date. I check the forum daily, but not in depth like I used to when we had a 993. Rob and I will 'live' the event through the pictures. I still can't believe we missed it. I'll have to let Rob spank me...... Next time I'll put a sticky note on my computer so that when it happens and we are not tied up with something else we got to do, we'll be there.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:16 PM
lreeves993
Intermediate

some pics from this Saturday's epic event!

Find more at www.remicrodata.com/993ndgathering

Hope you enjoy!
Attached Images    
Old 01-12-2014, 04:17 PM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lreeves993
some pics from this Saturday's epic event! Find more at www.remicrodata.com/993ndgathering Hope you enjoy!
Thank you taking the pics and posting them!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

What a great event! So jealous - 993 is having nappy-time for at least another 3 months...

Would have been there in a heartbeat.

So... thoughts on the Fister sound-off?

Old 01-12-2014, 06:07 PM
13BEEZ
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope you enjoy!
Thanks for sharing the pictures. They look fantastic.

To all who put this together, I wan't to say a big THANK YOU. It was even better than I expected, and I had high expectations.

And thank you to all who showed up. It was fun to meet such a great group of people.

The Fister sound off was fun too. Only problem was that I woke up at 3 am thinking about how I "need" some Fister 3s. They sound good on youtube, but sound incredible in person. I stayed up until 5 am thinking of ways to convince the wife that it was a necessary addition. I think there may be something wrong with me.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:54 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you enjoy!
Great pics as always Len!

What an awesome gathering of 993's. Still cryin cause I missed. Brian, Darin, Scott, RAC, and everyone congrats on putting together a great event.

Is this gonna be an annual event?

Quick Reply: Looking for Fister users in Dallas/North Dallas area