Sponsored by:

Rennline Aluminum E-brake Handle

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts
Default Rennline Aluminum E-brake Handle

Anyone install Rennline Aluminum E-brake Handle? Pictures too?

Cheers
Old 10-26-2013, 07:14 AM
XavierLaFlamme
Three Wheelin'

Received 116 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokes
Anyone install Rennline Aluminum E-brake Handle? Pictures too?

Cheers
I installed the handle and it required taking the mechanism apart. At least I did it that way. I didn't want to cut the existing grip off so I bought a handle from another RLer, took the old one out, modified the one I bought by cutting off the grip portion and installed the new grip and tip.

I had the aluminum kit option on my C4S and the brake handle I bought to modify had a rubber cover over the metal handle mechanism which I cut with a sharp blade. I think the instructions it comes with show you how to do it too.

If I remember correctly it requires taking the center console apart first. However, I may have done it the harder way because I was taking the center console out anyway.

I used a DIY to give me an understanding of all the parts. I think I found my info on either Pelican, p-car.com or pcarworkshop.com. I can't remember.

--Michael
The following users liked this post:
spreeleon (09-13-2019)
Old 10-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Washabi
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 57 Posts

Got mine as a Christmas gift from the girlfriend and finally got around to installing it last month after getting the car back from the body shop. I love the way it looks and feels compared to the old one (which had definitely seen better days). The installation was simple and straightforward, took no more than maybe 10 minutes for everything.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:21 PM
willus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the aluminum gear shift and ebrake handle get hotter than black leather during a hot summer day?
Old 10-27-2013, 09:48 PM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by willus
Does anyone know if the aluminum gear shift and ebrake handle get hotter than black leather during a hot summer day?
Probably a lot hotter.

Quick Reply: Rennline Aluminum E-brake Handle