Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Rennline Heat Bypass Duct Install : closing lines?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 03:43 PM
wheelerdealer55
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennline Heat Bypass Duct Install : closing lines?

Hoping the many gurus here can help me out.
I've just installed the Rennline three point strut brace and the Rennline heat bypass duct on my 96 NA 993.
I have a sensor and, what appears to be a pneumatic control line (?) that were once part of the blower fan assembly.
Can I just leave the sensor connected and secured inside the engine compartment or should I do something else?

Also, for the control line (I'm holding it in the photo) how should I handle it? Does it need to be plugged?

Many thanks in advance!!
Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2013, 09:37 PM
wheelerdealer55
Advanced

Default !!!

Ok, after checking the mountain of posts on Heater blower by-pass, it looks like I can just tie out the sensor/connectors and there shouldn't be any issues....may need to implement a jumper in the fuse box, but thats ok.

But I havent seen any comments regarding the "pipe" that I am holding in the picture...it looked like it was connected to the small motor that opens the vents in the ducting... what should I do with it??

Help please !!!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 60 Posts

It may be the vacuum line to bypass the intake when in reverse?
Old 10-20-2013, 09:51 AM
hkspwrsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Youll want to plug it or youll have a vacuum leak. That plugged into a vacuum solenoid part on the box to operate a flap. It is gone now.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:23 AM
wheelerdealer55
Advanced

#Coleman, #hkspwrsche,
Thanks for the inputs, greatly appreciated!! I'll be plugging up that pipe today and ripping up the roads!
:-)
Old 10-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Jarg1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up with some wiring and tubing left over and am trying to clarify what does what. In some case I think I know what to do, but am not sure about others. The first photo shows something resembling the piece shown earlier in this thread, and the part description is "changeover valve". It looks like it can be disconnected but I'm not sure whether I should do that or cap the tube. The 2nd photo is of the electrical connector for the blower. I know I can just tie it down. The 3rd photo shows a tube that may not be related to the blower at all, but I would like to know what it does and if it should be connected somewhere. It is a bit hard to see, but it is coming off a 4-way splitter further back. Finally, there is a photo of the sensor which I know will plug back into the bypass tube.
Attached Images     
Old 10-20-2013, 05:35 PM
ToSi
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts

Plug the vacuum line, or better yet, replace the 4-way vacuum fitting w/ a 3-way from your local parts store:

Electrical questions addressed here -> https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...pass-tube.html

Zip tie the unused connectors out of the way. If you're particular about such things, get a couple of these & fill w/ RTV to make plugs similar to the original Porsche ones. -> http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...ibic3ibv1crhe4

Question to anyone who may know - does the length of time the HVAC CCU remains powered following a drive depend on the rear duct temperature? We know the after run fan is triggered above a certain temperature but does the CCU do anything differently depending on the temp?
Old 10-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Jarg1
Racer

Originally Posted by ToSi
Plug the vacuum line, or better yet, replace the 4-way vacuum fitting w/ a 3-way from your local parts store:

Electrical questions addressed here -> https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...pass-tube.html

Zip tie the unused connectors out of the way. If you're particular about such things, get a couple of these & fill w/ RTV to make plugs similar to the original Porsche ones. -> http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...ibic3ibv1crhe4

Question to anyone who may know - does the length of time the HVAC CCU remains powered following a drive depend on the rear duct temperature? We know the after run fan is triggered above a certain temperature but does the CCU do anything differently depending on the temp?
Thanks, I did jump the relay using a 964.610.184.00. And I like the suggestion to switch to a 3-way splitter, but I'm still curious as to whether the tube went to the blower, or elsewhere.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:22 PM
ToSi
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts

The unused tube originally plugged into the solenoid shown in your 1st photo.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:26 AM
Jay J
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you end up plugging it up with?
Thanks
Jay
Old 04-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Jarg1
Racer

I capped it at the splitter with a cap purchased at an auto parts store.

Originally Posted by Jay J
What did you end up plugging it up with?
Thanks
Jay

Quick Reply: Rennline Heat Bypass Duct Install : closing lines?