Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Monterey '13 photo thread: Singer 911, Motorworks Revival, Concours, Laguna, PebbleB!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 11:38 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

So do you have Porshe Speedter?

I spy: a 90 CQ (S2?), rare spoiler-delete M491.

'67 S is pretty wild. A lot of work went into that paint!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:57 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
From what I have surmised over the years, every thread/post/photo from Jager is primarily about personal gain. Most here know that too. It is what it is.
Well, I for one would like to believe that is not true. The photos posted are great, so maybe there are a few more to come of JP's Speedster as I can't see why Jager would walk past it without taking a few shots?
Old 09-08-2013, 02:21 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Subscribed for the sake of subscribing.

Andreas
Old 09-08-2013, 09:51 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister

The photos posted are great, maybe there are a few more to come of JP's Speedster
Colin-- When he returned my call in June with regrets re: my photography invitation, JP mentioned keeping control of personal privacy. His recent PMs emphasized privacy, too. I respect that.

My shots have his face in the frame or he's close to the camera. Beside 1 previously posted pic, the remainder are below. Others didn't turn out. PM me if you want any sent.

From my opening post I've welcomed others to share their photos, hoping to see his car or maybe his own photos. The good news is that we chatted several times. Photos are less important than personal connections.

I'm usually successful at snapping shots while simultaneously talking to people, or finding 'quiet time' to get clear shots.
At Legends, however, this was the quiet time for the clear shots you want:
Originally Posted by curve lover

A photographer assembled the remaining 993s.
AC's friend Johnny told me that JPP got the invitation, but had to skedaddle
You still have the professional photography I arranged when you last requested car show Speedster coverage!

Old 09-08-2013, 10:03 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

MongrelCat-- In a thread with literally hundreds of photos of amazing cars, your 1 & only post on this thread could have promoted something positive or solicited pics from others.
I wasn't the only 1 there with a camera. Kudos to RLers Vincer77, GVA-SFO, etc. for taking to heart my invitation in post #1:

Those who can, please post pics here for those who can't make it to Monterey.
In the meantime,
Old 09-08-2013, 10:10 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

every thread/post/photo is primarily about personal gain
Jason-- The following quotes suggest hyperbole here ^^

Click here for the details behind the quote, "Curve Lover was awarded a Lifetime membership for his action."
Originally Posted by mrsullivan

Jäger, I nominate you for Rennlist knighthood. I am convinced that there is not a Porsche picture in existence that you don't have.
And you are always first to help...
Originally Posted by Resident Sicko

[Re: winning contest]
wish someone else less likeable did it so I could be pissed off.
-and not just jealous

Update: Internet Brands agreed to let a fellow 993 RLer share in the fun.
Originally Posted by MarkD
Nice!

Kudos to Jager and congrats to Jakob

Both good people that make this place great
Originally Posted by Rob Kwate

Curve Lover: That's exactly what I needed. Thank you so much.
Again, thanks for the help. [re: desk-top 911 clock]
Originally Posted by jo-hans

you got to love curve lover - I am amazed with the pictures 'n' links he comes up with
Originally Posted by grahampeterm

Hi Curve Lover
Well what have you got me started on! Always loved the look of a Speedster, and this has just given me the inspiration I needed! I just bought my own 993 Speedster project.
Originally Posted by RJT

Jager suprised everyone when he showed up. He was given a special "SPIRIT" Award that isn't given out that often, but he certainly deserved it and I was proud to be the first to stand up for the standing ovation that the room gave him. That man is special in more ways than one.
Originally Posted by Arena993

Your Spirit award was well deserved. Now download the road shots.
Originally Posted by FisterD

Jäger, thanks for looking after our friend.

At the time we started the job I never thought we['d] ever be up over 50k hits, goes to show how much current interest there is in the 993 Speedster, courtesy of Jäger paving the way with his red one.
Originally Posted by AOW162435

curve lover: The #1 World Wide Interwebs Sleuth - ever! [re: RLer's successful search to buy Seinfeld Blue Turquoise 993 Turbo S]
Originally Posted by Avid Fan

I give that statement a hearty +993...
Originally Posted by JPP

Thanks J.
Speedy's 996 twists were the inspiration for mine when I saw the pics of them on your car at its debut at the Colorado Parade
Originally Posted by ABCar

Jager, thanks. I always love the pictures you post around here. Your photography and eye for good asthetics amazes me.
Originally Posted by aribop

Jäger,
Where do you come up with all this material?? It gives me a headache just thinking about it. I know it's information that is online but man, just the thought of going out and gathering it all makes me tired.

I'm just glad you are here to do it for us. Cheers to you sir

Nice photos Jager [re: 9m's Singer engine]
Originally Posted by 600RR

Jaeger: You are continually nice in your compliments of others work. Especially so considering Speedy sets the standard. Thank you.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:13 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

From newbies to old-timers, I've consistently heard from other forum members who are frustrated by RL negativity they've received or witnessed.

They ask if they should stop trying to share? I suggest not:
It's important to learn their limits; they can't please everyone but might be a benefit to others. So, what's their gift to help make the community better?

I arguably have an ability to offer photographs, enthusiasm, & encouragement.

IMHO, it's not Porsche ownership that anyone should remember us for when we drive into our final sunset. It's the lives we touched along the way.

You're welcome to read cSertich (Chuck)'s words yourself about his Palooza 'chauffer,' + a surprise follow-up visit 7 months later. He's an important example of friendship which would not have resulted without RL. His brotherly bond exemplifies the best of what this board can accomplish.

Time spent with that great man & cross-country memories would never have happened without RL's power for good. My hat's off to the many RLers that did more for him than I ever did, or ever could. ...even continuing today for his now orphaned sons.

I'd like to see all RL bickering stop in honor of Chuck. First step: let's stop this thread diversion here now.

Since it's how we met, I think that's how he'd want this thread to continue: let's get back to photos. Everyone's invited - please post yours.
Originally Posted by Johnny_law

Jäger, You have a great way of capturing an event. Thanks for sharing. Next best thing from being there.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:51 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 434 Posts

Great photos as usual Jaeger. One year I'm going to make this event.

Jason, having had the opportunity to talk with Jaeger on several occasions as well as finally meet him at this year's 993fest (and consume kool-aid into the wee hours), I can assure you he is an obsessed enthusiast (this is a GOOD thing here!) just like the rest of us. You can't fake that vibe you get from somebody when discussing whatever subject that shows they have a passion for something. Jaeger ain't fakin it. Real deal through and through.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:43 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by timothymoffat

Great photos as usual Jaeger.
Thanks. Now go upload your 993Fest photos.

One year I'm going to make this event.

Jason, having had the opportunity to talk with Jaeger on several occasions
We talked on the phone in '09 as I was leaving Monterey & you were starting a drive to NorCal.
Are you still in Seattle tonight? Just go south a couple miles

Twice the opportunities next year: PCA Parade (June) & Monterey Car Week (August).

finally met him at this year's 993fest
Finally meeting you & your Canadian cohorts was a big draw for my trek.

and consume kool-aid into the wee hours
Funny how gets better the later (earlier?) we drank. Too bad you didn't get any prettier, though
Luckily for RLer Johnny_Law's search for a low-mileage 993, after you bought a round the quality of our free advice increased (or at least its loudness)

Jaeger ain't fakin it. Real deal through and through.
Jäger. There is no substitute.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:00 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 434 Posts

Jäger. There is no substitute.

No, there IS no substitute!

And I need to check my spelling.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:53 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Moffat. No worries

P.S. Got yer P.M.

Pics from hotel's parking:
Quick dinner stop with friends from home, before Porsche Zentrum party at The Quail Lodge.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 380 Posts

Jäger, there's no need to defend yourself here. I for one appreciate all the photos. I was there for a couple days, but did not have the time, nor receive invites to the swanky events you were privy to, so it is great to see your photos and live vicariously. Here are some photos I took on my camera phone.

En route back to Seattle with my friend Mauricio
Old 09-09-2013, 12:27 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Jäger, there's no need to defend yourself here. I for one appreciate all the photos. I was there for a couple days, but did not have the time, nor receive invites to the swanky events you were privy to, so it is great to see your photos and live vicariously.
I totally agree.

We have strengths and we all have flaws, the truth is that we are who we are because of it. In my view there should be no place on Rennlist for politics or personal differences as long as we can all be honest with each other. I come back here daily and spend many hours helping people out as well as sharing our latest projects, it brings me customers but more importantly it also brings respect and friendship which I value far higher than any notional personal gain. Let's keep things this way, eh?

What I do know that if I ever wanted to heavily publicise a 9m car in the US, I could just lend it to Jäger for a month and wait for the photos & response.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Johnny_law
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny how it tastes better then. Too bad you didn't get any prettier, though
Luckily for RLer Johnny_Law's search for a low-mileage 993, after you bought a round the quality of our free advice increased (or at least its loudness)
Much appreciated and enjoyed... and... (place suspense here)

Last edited by Johnny_law; 09-09-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:03 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

From what I have surmised over the years, every thread/post/photo from Jager is primarily about personal gain. Most here know that too. It is what it is.
Wow. What the.....???

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Jäger, there's no need to defend yourself here. I for one appreciate all the photos.
Agreed 100%!!!

Jager: If it wasn't for your stunning photos and highly detailed documentation, enthusiasts like myself, would not have a front row seat to all of the AMAZING events that you and Speedy attend! PLEASE KEEP CONTRIBUTING!! This place can get so gray, we all need your passion to fuel our own (and I'm sure, vice-versa).

Quick Reply: Monterey '13 photo thread: Singer 911, Motorworks Revival, Concours, Laguna, PebbleB!