Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Monterey '13 photo thread: Singer 911, Motorworks Revival, Concours, Laguna, PebbleB!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 02:11 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by boman993
Wow. What the.....???

Agreed 100%!!!

Jager: If it wasn't for your stunning photos and highly detailed documentation, enthusiasts like myself, would not have a front row seat to all of the AMAZING events that you and Speedy attend! PLEASE KEEP CONTRIBUTING!! This place can get so gray, we all need your passion to fuel our own (and I'm sure, vice-versa).

+1
Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 PM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, lots of expensive cars and women at the airport event!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:03 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover

a matte black Charger Daytona???????????????
blasphemy!

thanks for posting these photo's.
I'm only half way through the thread and looking forward to more.

Craig
Old 09-09-2013, 05:24 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
...What I do know that if I ever wanted to heavily publicise a 9m car in the US, I could just lend it to Jäger for a month and wait for the photos & response.
Colin,
I would be happy to preform the same services with a 9M 4.0 964.

Jager,
100% keep the pictures coming!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Colin,
I would be happy to preform the same services with a 9M 4.0 964.

Jager,
100% keep the pictures coming!
Gee, thanks, that so kind of you to offer. All kidding aside though, you never know what the future might bring, stranger things have happened.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:55 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If I want to heavily publicise a 9m car in the US, I could just lend it to Jäger.
^^ If you need an attractive lady to drive your 9m press car around Monterey photo ops, my wife looks good in orange
I'd just follow along in Speedy & snap shots. It's a sacrifice we'd consider for you LOL
...besides: Singer's interested in studying Speedsters, if the rumor I'm spreading is true (of course it is ), & might appreciate examining your latest Speedster. Since you've collaborated with previous enginework, maybe a new synergy awaits.

In all seriousness:
Gordon McCall graciously agreed with my recommendation that a friend's exotic custom car be exhibited at this year's Motorworks Revival, in partial hopes to get my friend's brand exposure. I can't speak for Mr. McCall, but something similar might be likely for you next year.

Plus, he & I are already aiming for an especially high-flying goal at the Jet Center - something from the wild blue yonder that's never been seen at their airport.
Fingers are crossed for an even more amazing Car Week next year for McCall Events!

Old 09-10-2013, 11:59 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Busta Rib

I appreciate all the photos.
Thank you, sir!
Originally Posted by Busta Rib

I was there for a couple days, but did not have the time, nor receive invites to the swanky events you were privy to, so it is great to see your photos and live vicariously. Here are some photos I took on my camera phone.
Looks like you made great use of your quick trip & your phone: awesome pics

No swank for you? From your photograph at The Quail's Motorsports Reunion, I'm guessing you were at 1 of Monterey's most exclusive events
I've no doubt you & Mauricio, etc., brought home great Monterey memories back to Seattle.

Seeing a classic Stingray brings back memories for many. For an impromptu pic, I thought it an especially appropriate opportunity:
A Porsche sandwich for the P-car lovers here, but more signifigant -- Corvettes were the featured car of this year's Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca.
Plus, this Chevy was perfectly pristine

Old 09-10-2013, 12:04 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Quick dinner stop with friends from home, before Porsche Zentrum party at The Quail Lodge.
It was a night event; my photos in following posts will be dark.

So first, here are examples of what the Zentrum looked like during the bright daylight:

^^ Thanks to 9Magazine.com for the photography!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:58 PM
EB847
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great thread bro. see ya next week! i'll contribute...

Name:  DSC_9492.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  174.0 KB
Old 09-11-2013, 11:11 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is not like you Jäger: missing the opportunity to promote another 993 Speedster? Did you simply get distracted by all the shiny coupes?

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
From what I have surmised over the years, every thread/post/photo from Jager is primarily about personal gain. Most here know that too. It is what it is.

Jason-- The following quotes suggest hyperbole here ^^
Hyperbole? No, I don't think so. It was a very simple matter-of-fact statement. It was not meant as exaggeration but it was meant to be taken literally, pretty much exactly the opposite of hyperbole.

Let me put it a different way... You use Rennlist as your personal marketing portal to promote your Jager/Speedy brand, for personal gain. And most here know that.

How many "enthusiasts" have cross-posted to 15 separate sub-forums on this site to generate buzz for a contest where the prize is a professional photoshoot for their car? (And when all along it has already been featured in numerous pro photoshoots over the years.)
Old 09-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I have surmised over the years, every thread/post/photo from Jager is primarily about personal gain. Most here know that too. It is what it is.

Let me put it a different way... You use Rennlist as your personal marketing portal to promote your Jager/Speedy brand, for personal gain. And most here know that.

How many "enthusiasts" have cross-posted to 15 separate sub-forums on this site to generate buzz for a contest where the prize is a professional photoshoot for their car? (And when all along it has already been featured in numerous pro photoshoots over the years.)
I am quite taken aback by this sentiment. As I've read CurveLover's threads and posts over the years, I get the impression that he is very enthusiastic about 993's, and a very encouraging, and positive person. I like that he brings that to RL. Yes, this spring he asked us for our support on an endeavour he could "gain" from, but there is no harm in that. He is enthusiastic about his own car. I think most of us are. If you look in some of those 50 year photo contest threads, he is as equally enthusiastic and supportive of other RL's entries, as he is of his own. I, for one, do not think he is on RL solely to promote his "brand", and I am very grateful that threads like this one exist. I interpret the reason for this thread not as seeking personal gain, but as sharing of an amazing car show so that people who don't get to attend can do so vicariously. In fact, that is what he states in his first post. It is a postive addition to RL. Your negative comments quoted above are not.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:48 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Hyperbole? No, I don't think so. It was a very simple matter-of-fact statement. It was not meant as exaggeration but it was meant to be taken literally, pretty much exactly the opposite of hyperbole.

On the basis that I had to look up the word on Google before I knew what it meant, can we assume that there was no hiddened meanings to my comments. I've got absolutely no issues with Jäger for posting hundreds of photos of his car on the basis that he also posts hundreds of photos of everyone else's beautiful cars at the same time, which is a blessing for those of us living in less sunny climes.

As for self promotion, I'm not one to talk as I'm doing exactly the same in my 9m / Ninemeister project threads and have probably posted more photos myself over the last few years. Sure, I do pay as a sponsor member and have always balanced my posts with technical help whenever I can as I believe in "paying it forward". Of course, showing our competitors how to build cars is probably not the best way forward, but you guys enjoy it so whilst I have the time to post I will.

So I'm very glad that Jäger finds the time to post what he does. I do think it has been poor form to upset him with some of the comments that have been posted, although perhaps if he chooses to continue posting maybe he will consider a slightly more balanced approach to his posts that ruffle fewer feathers? His choice, I'm happier to see what we have now than none at all.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:38 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Give it a rest already!

Curve Lover cross-posted Porsche's photo contest in a number of sub-forums to entice more people from Rennlist to enter, or to vote for RLer's photos. It was an enthusiastic rallying cry for support from the community. It was even approved by Rennlist moderators. Where do you see the personal gain in that? Is it to sell photos? Cars? Tshirts? Sandwiches? I don't get it.

I came in 4th place worldwide in that contest. (Partly because of those cross-posts!) I love sharing photos of my car on Rennlist. I watermark them with hopes to drive like-minded enthusiasts to my website. Are you going to tell me that my intentions are to make a profit off my boman993 brand? LOL... I, like Jager, do it for fun.

Jager is an enthusiast that goes above and beyond to contribute amazing content to this forum. His gain is simply the positive response he gets from fellow enthusiasts.

Your accusations are baseless.

Last edited by boman993; 09-12-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:15 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Enthusiasm's always appreciated^^ Thanks, y'all!

Opinions are what keeps life & RL interesting. I'm open to learn from criticism.
Private Messages are encouraged. Until I have specifics, this is my perspective:

Old 09-12-2013, 02:06 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default "The RL Social Media Experiment: 50years.Porsche.com - - - - - post your 993 & vote!"

Originally Posted by boman993

Curve Lover posted Porsche's photo contest in forums to entice more people from Rennlist to enter, or to vote for RLer's photos. It was an enthusiastic rallying cry for support from the community. It was even approved by Rennlist moderators. Where do you see the personal gain in that? Is it to sell photos? Cars? Tshirts? Sandwiches? I don't get it.

I came in 4th place worldwide in that contest. (Partly because of those cross-posts!) I love sharing photos of my car on Rennlist. I watermark them with hopes to drive like-minded enthusiasts to my website. Are you going to tell me that my intentions are to make a profit off my boman993 brand? LOL... I, like Jager, do it for fun.

Jager is an enthusiast that goes above and beyond to contribute amazing content to this forum. His gain is simply the positive response he gets from fellow enthusiasts.
Solid ^^

Direct links to what are/were 'sticky threads': on the 993 Forum, the 964 Forum, the 997 Forum, the 996 GT2/GT3 Forum, the Events Forum, etc.
Not only does each require Mod approval, but to show agreement with the concept of publicizing Porsche AG's international '50 Years of 911' photo competition (#50y911) & encouraging the idea of getting RLers involved, he voluntarily made them 'stickies' on the max # of threads allowed.

Porsche AG purposefully designed their contest as a social media competition. RL is a social medium, & competitions like these will only become more popular with the march of time & technology. We can support each other. Choosing to publicize a portion of the facts & then criticize isn't productive.

The prize for the top 3 winners? Not simply a pro photo shoot ... a Porsche AG photo shoot. IMHO, that's something to aspire to.

Each thread has a post like this one. Its back-story might be cathartic to share ...in an appropriate venue. I don't think this Monterey thread's the place for continuing off-topic.

Quick Reply: Monterey '13 photo thread: Singer 911, Motorworks Revival, Concours, Laguna, PebbleB!