Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

I know we've got plenty of Singer fanbois here......

Old 06-25-2015, 12:06 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Exclamation Singer Targa

Originally Posted by curve lover

'Speedy' or Singer?

If Singer decides to make a special Speedster ... even better!!!

Rob's mention of a Speedster in this video
Originally Posted by 993C4RS

Singer Speedster???

I might know something...
Until a Singer Speedster ^^ this Targa takes us closer.

From AutoBlog.com's "Exclusive: The first Porsche 911 Targa restored by Singer -- We Sit Down With Rob Dickinson To Talk Targa" feature:
I can only imagine the universe-collapsing critical mass of awesome that a Singer Speedster would attain...
if the Targa is stable enough with the roof open on a Monocoque, a Speedster should do just as well.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:46 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Kudos to the RLer who hadn't seen this thread, yet e-mailed me this link to gtSpirit.com's "Singer Previews New Porsche 911 for Goodwood 2015" article, & mentioned how Singer looks to be even closer to a Speedster
At the upcoming Goodwood Festival of Speed 2015, famous American customisation house Singer is set to unveil its latest Porsche 911 based model.

Created for a customer in Monteal, this Singer Porsche 911 is shaping up to be one of the most exceptional unveiled to date. As the teaser images show, it will be finished in Targa grey and as it is based around the 911 Targa, it will feature a collapsible soft top. Interesting, the roll hoop will incorporate a nickel finish and a range of carbon fibre elements.

As for power, a 4.0-litre flat-six built specifically by Ed Pink Racing will be featured. It has been produced to pump out an impressive 390 hp and will be mated to a six-speed manual transmission driving the rear wheels. Adding to the 911’s performance credentials will be Ohlins suspensions.

Further styling traits will include gold badges, Fuchs-style wheels with a nickel finish and bright orange brake calipers.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:30 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I know we've got plenty of Singer fanbois here......