Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Euro Spec suspension (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/757301-euro-spec-suspension.html)

RaceDeck 05-20-2013 02:09 PM

Euro Spec suspension

Did a search but no luck -
I just picked up my 993 TT and I want to keep it pretty much stock. The one thing I want to do is have it set similar to the Euro oem height and improve handling ( simple and good quality) . I am not really going to track the car and I live here in Utah mountains so going too low is tricky on some road approach angles.

What set up would you recommend?
Who would you buy from ( price, friend of forum? )

element 05-20-2013 02:24 PM

first.. you need to post pictures, or you will get yelled at :)

What does the car have on it now? What is your budget?

I track, but find the PSS10 coilovers great for everyday as well.. you do get to dial in the drop real nice and play with the dampening.

phil.

Chris M. 05-20-2013 02:26 PM

You'll probably get better help here on the 993TT forum.

RaceDeck 05-20-2013 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here she is!

element 05-20-2013 02:56 PM

a beauty! that must be lowered :)

CarreraX 05-20-2013 03:17 PM

Dibs when/if you sell it! :)

mike cap 05-20-2013 03:22 PM

Jorgen,

Typically you would lower the car to ROW with factory springs and Bilsteins. This may help.....

http://p-car.com/susfaq.html

grappamon 05-20-2013 04:08 PM

My car has a the euro turbo sport suspension (M030), all factory option parts for ROW only.
I like it a lot, not too stiff or too low and I don't scrape the front at all.

grappamon 05-20-2013 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A side shot of how my car sits. There is some adjustment to bring the front down a bit more, and I may do it when it's time to get the alignment done.

RaceDeck 05-20-2013 04:25 PM

That looks great! where did you buy the components?

grappamon 05-20-2013 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The complete conversion, springs, struts, shocks and sway bars were done by the previous owner and were dealer installed. All factory parts. I think you can get the parts from most suppliers.

I don't know the part #'s off hand but I have them in my file. Do a search for M030 parts and you should find them. Don't overlook that larger sway bars are part of the M030 turbo sport option.

A lot of owners will tell you there are superior setups out there, and they are right, but if you want to stay with the factory optioned setup, it's the way to go IMO.

The front springs will have an orange and green marking on them, I can't remember what color is on the rear spring and I don't have a pic. As you can see in the picture there are still some threads to bring the front down a bit more.

grappamon 05-20-2013 05:52 PM

You can find all the part numbers in this pdf; search for (993_USA_KATALOG), download and do a search for M030 and make sure you get all the part #'s.

kuhl 993 05-20-2013 06:53 PM

M033 only way to go

1 Attachment(s)
Installed Euro OEM M033 setup a few years ago and love the height and ride.
I was an early adopter to M030 and Bilstein on my first 4S and the ride was just too harsh. German Tech in Largo sourced the kit and installed for me. Joe is the owner.

Cheers!

Attachment 729783

nine9six 05-20-2013 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by element (Post 10476782)
What does the car have on it now? What is your budget?

I track, but find the PSS10 coilovers great for everyday as well.. you do get to dial in the drop real nice and play with the dampening.

phil.

As Phil said, what type of driving do you intend to do, and what is your budget?

I dont track my car, but that is not to say I never would. I too have PSS10 coilovers with M030 sways, and I love jaunts up into the twisties. My car feels planted and much more precise since the suspension and sway upgrade.

These two items with installation, alignment, and corner balance, is about $3500. With your affiliation, maybe you can knock about $500 or more from that price point?
:biggulp:

Bill Verburg 05-20-2013 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by RaceDeck (Post 10476739)
Did a search but no luck -
I just picked up my 993 TT and I want to keep it pretty much stock. The one thing I want to do is have it set similar to the Euro oem height and improve handling ( simple and good quality) . I am not really going to track the car and I live here in Utah mountains so going too low is tricky on some road approach angles.

What set up would you recommend?
Who would you buy from ( price, friend of forum? )

You could put RoW shocks and springs on the car but there are better choices and you don't get the #s from a US PET, you have to use RoW for that.

A better choice is Bilstein hd, redone w/ digressive vlaves matched to the springs you use, RoW turbo springs would be a good choice for RoW ride height

or PSS10, they come w/ digressive valves matched to the springs. Set the height and damping to taste