Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

9m93 Speedster S #4 from 8000 mile RHD 993 Convertible. What colour?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 05:02 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

... 1973 Royal Purple .. IIRC, there was only one 2.7 RS ordered in this color:

Here's another favorite from the 80's .. some friends ordered an '84 Cab in Nougat Brown over Cashmere leather with a dark brown top .. really a rich statement:

Old 05-16-2013, 05:25 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Amethyst metallic (the original 993 one with more red in it, not the current metallic purple formula) with a darker brown or maybe cocoa if you want to go classy.

or

pastel yellow on black with pastel deviated stitching. The grey 996 Turbo twists on the one below would look nice too.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:29 PM
DanQ
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 69 Posts

If we can consider non - porsche colors and you are leaning green w/ brown interior
How about this combination... similar to the Ferrari version in post #38.
Originally Posted by NineMeister

Anyone want to buy this car for me? Please? Please?
Old 05-16-2013, 05:58 PM
zechunique
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about signal yellow? I love that...

Incidentally, this thread has shown me (once again) that Rennlist owns like somewhere around 75% of all 993 web based reality. Practically every time I search for something like "mexico blue 993" and choose "images" as my focus, almost any pic I want to see up close leads back to a Rennlist thread. This also happens if I search for "993 suspension" or "993 immobilizer" or "993 freakin' cool stuff galore." Its almost consistent enough to count the google search feature as an extension of the the Rennlist search feature.

Face it gents, we are the real deal.

That said, I have to admit that I'm just along for the ride...
Old 05-16-2013, 09:18 PM
s4magman
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Green goes well with the chocolate interior. I don't think Olive green has been mentioned yet but it is one of the early colors, pretty classy and rare and would do well with chocolate. Might be a nice option for a convertible where the interior provides a lot of the visuals. The top should do well in chocolate or Olive.
Attached Images   
Old 05-16-2013, 09:42 PM
G-Man993

How about this green with a cream and black interior?
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 AM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Has anyone said Signal Green? Or Conda Green (similar)? Irish green? Nile, Oak, Smyrna? Or Bahama Yellow?

Interior, hmm. So many options! I know- Plaid! Better yet, gold over Plaid! Mmmmmmm. <----- That's a joke. You could make it invisible. Haven't they developed a clear aluminum (just needs to be highly polished)? <- do that! How about Rust Simulation Mica, with real maple veneer paneling.

Back on topic.

How about Smyrna Green over light silver? Nile Green over charcoal?

Take care,

Last edited by FrenchToast; 05-17-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:00 AM
m4ever
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about Azurro California (the Club Coupe color not the Ferrari one) on cocoa ?

Here is mine (#33)

Last edited by m4ever; 07-29-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:55 AM
RP993
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi Colin,

if you want a grandprix white speedster with red wheels, accent colors, i give my permission for it in this case, please use red canvas top!

I think some nice grey paint (seal grey or one of Aston Martin's wonderfull grey shade) would be perfect with dark brown leather and orange stitchings. If you remember, it was my second choise and a long time favourite, especially as i visited Stratstone Aston Martin in Wilmslow. You should do it also! (not to forget: this cololr combo is very hip nowdays, no problem with selling at all)

IMHO continental orange, viper green are great color for a coupe but not the best choise for a speedster. Maybe the non metallic grey of the 997 Sport Classic coupe would be also a nice and sporty colour (i agree, not the most creative idea but who cares..)
Attached Images   
Old 05-17-2013, 09:44 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by DanQ
If we can consider non - porsche colors and you are leaning green w/ brown interior
How about this combination... similar to the Ferrari version in post #38.

Anyone want to buy this car for me? Please? Please?
My all-time favourite car. No illusions, I know they drive like a truck and heat up like a greenhouse, but wow, how great does that car look? I'd park that in my conservatory and look at it for hours if I had the money to own one.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:48 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RP993
Hi Colin,

if you want a grandprix white speedster with red wheels, accent colors, i give my permission for it in this case, please use red canvas top!

I think some nice grey paint (seal grey or one of Aston Martin's wonderfull grey shade) would be perfect with dark brown leather and orange stitchings. If you remember, it was my second choise and a long time favourite, especially as i visited Stratstone Aston Martin in Wilmslow. You should do it also! (not to forget: this cololr combo is very hip nowdays, no problem with selling at all)

IMHO continental orange, viper green are great color for a coupe but not the best choise for a speedster. Maybe the non metallic grey of the 997 Sport Classic coupe would be also a nice and sporty colour (i agree, not the most creative idea but who cares..)
Thanks RP. Figured a retro GP white would not offend.

Must admit, I'm really diggin' the Sport Classic combination, although maybe with a slightly darker shade of grey. All I have to do now is to persuade Andy to trim the seats in brown and not the usual charcoal. That might be harder than building the car. Hmmm.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:17 AM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by m4ever
How about Azurro California (the Club Coupe color not the Ferrari one) on cocoa ?

Here is mine (#33)
That's the colour or Fountain Blue that I wanted my Speedster to be painted - but got persuaded by Marc to go darker to emphasise the curves.
Whatever shade, if MC's involved, it won't be a pale pastel for sure!
I'll have to post up the 'Cadbury' 911SC that Marc had 12/13 years ago!
G
Old 05-17-2013, 12:25 PM
diogo fanha
8th Gear

I would go for viper green, butzi's brown interior with 3 spoke carbon steering wheel, GT3 seats, carbon inserts, gear and hand brake lever in aluminium, brown soft top, yellow calipers and black 19" RUF's
Old 05-17-2013, 01:01 PM
LimeyBoy
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 123 Posts

Although I am partial to white, there is already one beautiful 9M Speedster example in that hue - if this is a spec build with no customer at this time, I'd go for a classic combination that may appeal to many. Grey with red or brown interior is stunning. Maybe get a grey paint code / interior color off a 50's speedster for that nice link to speedster heritage.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:06 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by grahampeterm
That's the colour or Fountain Blue that I wanted my Speedster to be painted - but got persuaded by Marc to go darker to emphasise the curves.
Whatever shade, if MC's involved, it won't be a pale pastel for sure!
I'll have to post up the 'Cadbury' 911SC that Marc had 12/13 years ago!
G
Ah, there speaks a man of experience.

Subtle colours for Marc? No chance:
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 9m93 Speedster S #4 from 8000 mile RHD 993 Convertible. What colour?