Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

9m93 Speedster S #4 from 8000 mile RHD 993 Convertible. What colour?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 02:12 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Don't shoot yourself just yet John, there is lots more to come, so just to keep you going in the meantime here is one more, just for you.
Attached Images  
Old 05-08-2014, 02:21 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I think I'll be needing that suspension ... will it be available in the U.S. soon?
Old 05-08-2014, 02:23 PM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice work the car looks fantastic!

Orange is a great choice of colour for a special..

Only a personal perspective, but on an orange car the "big reds" don't quite work for me, I think they would look great matched to the black mirrors, as long as the new owner is happy!
Old 05-08-2014, 03:42 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JPP
I think I'll be needing that suspension ... will it be available in the U.S. soon?
It will be available direct from Ninemeister JP as a complete kit or as an upgrade for customers who already have a KW Variant 3 package. Since we're all suffering from a vitamin D shortfall I guess we should also arrange a trip to the sunshine to fit it for you?
Old 05-08-2014, 03:46 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by clubsport1
Nice work the car looks fantastic!

Orange is a great choice of colour for a special..

Only a personal perspective, but on an orange car the "big reds" don't quite work for me, I think they would look great matched to the black mirrors, as long as the new owner is happy!
Interesting comment on the red brake calipers because one of my favourite aspects of the 9m orange is how well it works against the red deck and rear lights. The jury is still out on the black mirrors....
Old 05-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
rolling on a spare set of my 993RS wheels. :-)
probably the only person/shop that could put that in writing...and not have it sound pompus or arrogant.

Lottery winning build IMHO. Soon as my numbers come in, I'll call. Note...won't be a Speedster though...but a GT2 tribute in that color.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:01 PM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting comment on the red brake calipers because one of my favourite aspects of the 9m orange is how well it works against the red deck and rear lights. The jury is still out on the black mirrors....
Maybe it looks different in the metal!

The main orange part looks incredible though!

The car has a few things going on, red calipers, black mirrors/door handles and silver contrast to the bumper vents... The "extras" just leapt out of the picture.

I would like to add, I am typing this wearing Jeans and a black T shirt, I have absolutely no idea about colours in the real world!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:32 PM
600RR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The black trim is great, as are the other touches. The package shows how innovative 9M is; and the package is beautiful.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:10 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

What color is planned for the wheel centers?
Black would work well with the mirrors
Old 05-09-2014, 10:13 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FlatSix911
What color is planned for the wheel centers?
Black would work well with the mirrors
We're thinking traditional satin black for the wheels.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:17 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 600RR
The black trim is great, as are the other touches. The package shows how innovative 9M is; and the package is beautiful.
Thanks Sid.

This build is intended to be a small diversion from the normal, hence we are trying things on the car that may or may not work well, like the black mirrors and door handles. This statement will also be true for the interior trim where again some things might look awesome, others might be a train crash. The truth is that we just won't know until it all comes together, so that's our plan: try everything and keep the bits that work. That said, it's definitely staying orange as we love the colour already.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:32 AM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love it all*!!! Good job NineMeister team. Can't wait to see what the interior looks like.

*except the silver fog lights... Not really sure how that ties into the overall theme. Perhaps black to match the door handles and mirrors?
Old 05-09-2014, 01:34 PM
jo-hans
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry for the lack of updates over the past few weeks only I had to cover for office staff on vacation and did not have the time to run around with the Nikon, however it's back to normal now so please expect the usual service until completion.

The project stalled for a few weeks whilst we were waiting on the delivery of the interior and our new prototype 9m-KW 993 HLS Suspension package. For those of you who do not know the KW product, this is their high-low system which raises the car by 35mm at the touch of a button to clear those pesky speed bumps. Naturally there will be more information on this later once we have the hydraulics installed.
This sounds just what me needs! So where is the location of the compressor that runs the system and how big is it?

And WOW that speedster looks fantastic!
Old 05-09-2014, 01:47 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

It will be available direct from Ninemeister JP as a complete kit or as an upgrade for customers who already have a KW Variant 3 package. Since we're all suffering from a vitamin D shortfall I guess we should also arrange a trip to the sunshine to fit it for you?
Hey, you know us .. anytime! I'll get the cats wound up for you ..

Sooo .. I could get the KW Variant 3 suspension installed here and you could come and retrofit the hydraulics?
Old 05-09-2014, 02:32 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JPP
Hey, you know us .. anytime! I'll get the cats wound up for you ..

Sooo .. I could get the KW Variant 3 suspension installed here and you could come and retrofit the hydraulics?
Thought that you spike your interest. Naturally I'd prefer to supply the full package, we need to work out the details first so give me and Marc a few weeks to get ourselves organised and let's see what works best. As for the cats, I seriously doubt that you need to wind them up.

Quick Reply: 9m93 Speedster S #4 from 8000 mile RHD 993 Convertible. What colour?