Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Installing Rennline camber plates - some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 06:18 PM
oysteinw
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Installing Rennline camber plates - some questions...

As I was assembling my new Rennline camberplates, I encountered a couple of problems. At the bottom of the strut mount (underneath the innside bearing and the bushing) there is a kind of rubber gasket or dust cap which apparently will conflict with the shock hat on my PSS10s. See crappy photos below (unfortunately not resized since they were directly uploaded from my iPad...sorry about that). What should I do with this...cut a bigger hole in the rubber for the hat to fit in, or just leave it like this and squeeze it together when tightening the shock nut?

Regards,
Oystein
Old 05-13-2013, 08:53 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Go here...any questions ask on that thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=93689
Old 05-13-2013, 10:59 PM
993KT
Racer

there should be a 6.5mm spacer. Stretch the rubber boot opening around it. I find it easier to take the rubber boot off the strut mount, but you will need to safety wire it back. You need the rubber boot to be tight so dirt doesn't get to the monoball. So don't cut it bigger. If you let the boot pinched between the spacer and spring perch, it will most likely rip.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:23 PM
oysteinw
Advanced

Thumbs up

Thanks for your help, guys. I managed to force the rubber opening over the shock hat and secured it with a thin wire, all good!

Regards,
Oystein
Old 05-18-2013, 11:35 AM
dgmattingley
Instructor

I found that the 6.5mm spacer was insufficient in preventing the lip on the underside of the mount from making contact with the spring hat during its range of motion. Jackal ran into a similar problem with his RS mount install with pss9s.
Instead of the 6.5mm spacer from rennline, I used the bilstein 4mm hardened washer and 4mm spacer, along with the 10.5mm spacer normall used for the top side on the piston. This spacing makes it necessary to use a shoulder nut to secure the piston, which rennline was able to supply. There is now no contact between the mount and hat.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:41 AM
dgmattingley
Instructor

Originally Posted by dgmattingley
I found that the 6.5mm spacer was insufficient in preventing the lip on the underside of the mount from making contact with the spring hat during its range of motion. Jackal ran into a similar problem with his RS mount install with pss9s.
Instead of the 6.5mm spacer from rennline, I used the bilstein 4mm hardened washer and 4mm spacer, along with the 10.5mm spacer normall used for the top side on the piston. This spacing makes it necessary to use a shoulder nut to secure the piston, which rennline was able to supply. There is now no contact between the mount and hat.
This is what it looks like assembled.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Installing Rennline camber plates - some questions...