9m93RS Clubsport #5 from USA origin Carrera 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 11:12 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

So happy to see the 9mRSCS used as we intended!

Love the videos. Only problem is that watching them has made me rather envious, so now I might have to do something about getting my 993RSCS out on track again soon....
Old 09-22-2016, 12:41 PM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Patrick Simon driving the 9MRSCS on the Ring

Originally Posted by NineMeister
So happy to see the 9mRSCS used as we intended!

Love the videos. Only problem is that watching them has made me rather envious, so now I might have to do something about getting my 993RSCS out on track again soon....
Colin, would love to see you and your 993RSCS out on the Ring. I will keep you posted on our schedule for next year. I have not had a chance to drive with another 993RSCS on the Ring and it would be mega, can't wait for that to happen

Here is also another video from my last visit and this time it is Patrick Simon, the chief instructor of the Scuderia Hanseath, who is driving the 9MRSCS with me as the passenger. Patrick has competed in the Carrera CUP when they where driving 993 CUP cars and finished 4 th in the German Championship in 1997. He also held the outright time record on the ring for a road legal car in 2005 driving a Porsche GT2 in 7:15:68

He has driven many many Porsches around this track and loved the 9MRSCS

Enjoy:

/9MRSCS
Old 09-23-2016, 07:25 AM
RSCS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Imagine if someone organised a meeting for just RSCS's from around the world at the Ring!!! How good would that be.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:08 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by RSCS
Imagine if someone organised a meeting for just RSCS's from around the world at the Ring!!! How good would that be.

Some years ago I dropped in at the 'ring for a weekend at the Old Timers GP and managed 3 laps "blind" in my CS and there is absolutely no doubt that any driver familiar with the layout of the turns would have gone miles faster in a Boxster 2.5! So for the benefit of all the RSCS owners who have never driven the 'ring in anger it would probably best to compromise and arrange a meeting at Spa - you stand a chance to learn a circuit within a couple of days whereas you need a lifetime to learn the 'ring!
Old 05-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by 9MRSCS
I have a friend who is a very accomplished driver of many different cars but he as me has a special love for the air cooled porsches.
He has put together a really cool video of us driving the Nürburgring which I felt compelled to share with You rennlisters

Porsche 964 vs. 993 Nürburgring Nordschleife September 2016 - YouTube

You can also check check out his YouTube channel for other nice car clips

/9MRSCS

Loved this video!

Subscribed.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:44 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Default Video

It has been a long time since I posted but would like to share this video taken by my friend Jonas when we where driving on the Ring during the spring course of Scuderia Hanseat.

My car is getting a full repaint as I have decided not to go lightweight as originally planned. Various re-sprays done over the years of different panel parts during its evolution where starting to differ in looks. I will post some pictures when it is finished which it should be next week.
On the 24th of September we are in Nürburg driving the Scuderia Hanseat. This year we are close to 100 participants from Sweden
/9MRSCS
The following users liked this post:
Kein_Ersatz (10-06-2021)
Old 09-08-2017, 04:52 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

I will post some pictures when it is finished which it should be next week.
On the 24th of September we are in Nürburg driving the Scuderia Hanseat.
/9MRSCS

See you at the Ring!
Old 09-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

It has been a long time since I posted but would like to share this video taken by my friend Jonas when we where driving on the Ring during the spring course of Scuderia Hanseat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqD07pOvDy8

My car is getting a full repaint as I have decided not to go lightweight as originally planned. Various re-sprays done over the years of different panel parts during its evolution where starting to differ in looks. I will post some pictures when it is finished which it should be next week.
On the 24th of September we are in Nürburg driving the Scuderia Hanseat. This year we are close to 100 participants from Sweden
/9MRSCS
Old 09-08-2017, 11:17 PM
fsa
Burning Brakes

Received 172 Likes on 89 Posts

Greetings 9MRSCS and Colin,

I am not savvy re: most details of this amazing build and informative followup posts, and do not race. A couple of questions...
How does this car compare with a 993tt in power, responsiveness, speed, handling?
Why not a CAE Ultra Shifter given that this is a track car?
Old 09-09-2017, 04:55 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Default CAE Shifter

Originally Posted by fsa
Greetings 9MRSCS and Colin,

I am not savvy re: most details of this amazing build and informative followup posts, and do not race. A couple of questions...
How does this car compare with a 993tt in power, responsiveness, speed, handling?
Why not a CAE Ultra Shifter given that this is a track car?
Hi fsa,
I have been looking at the CAE Shifter and it is an upgrade that I will probably do next year.
The 9MRSCS is a very different car to a 993tt. It is very much stiffer due to the welded in cage and other reinforcements made. The chassis is better, but could of course be changed in a 993tt. The weight is, 1270 kg compared to a 993 tt at 1470 kg. The power to weight ratio is 3,62 kg/hp versus 3,60 for the tt. The tt has more than 100Nm of additional torque but some of that is offset by the close ratio gearbox in the 9MRSCS. On the straights it will not differ much but once it starts to turn the 9MRSCS will most certainly have the upper hand
/9MRSCS
Old 09-09-2017, 10:43 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqD07pOvDy8

/9MRSCS
Got'a love the coffee cup holder / G-meter
Old 10-01-2017, 12:34 PM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Default Scuderia Hanseat 2017 September 24-27th

Once again we where back to what has to be one of the best places on this planet - Nürburg and the Nürburgring.
In contrast to the spring visit it wasn't raining all the time and the weather was good if not perfect.
As our car club - Ringrunners of Sweden - celebrated 15 years we had a pit stop in a village by the name of Nottuln where we had an excellent evening with good food and plenty of beer:big gulp:
We arrived in Nürburg on saturday the 23rd of September and watched VLN 7 where some members of our club raced with mixed results.

We then had two and half days of good driving with some minor rain as well as fog in the mornings but good access during free practice at lunch and evenings. I managed 26 laps free practice during which I managed to build up the speed in both driver and car.

As always the course ends with one full lap during which the instructors give you a score at 21 different curves around the track. You start in the pit lane of the grand prix track but the scoring starts in Hatzenbach and ends in Galgenkopf. Your lowest score is taken away and the maximum score at each curve is 10 points hence max is 200 points.

Having performed well at previous visits I qualify for starting in Winners Group. This year we where 23 starters in WG and I came in on 5th place with a score of 185 which is my all time best:reckon:

I enclos a link to the lap:

My car is now re painted and I will ask a friend who is good at photography to take some pictures before the car goes into hibernation. I will post them for all to enjoy:big bye:
/9MRSCS
Old 10-02-2017, 05:14 AM
Metamatt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! inspired by your efforts I took my 9m rig to the ring for the first time this year. I thought I would start gently so signed up to the Porsche Driving School classics event. Unfortunately, despite it being August, we didn't get good weather - extreme rain. I was running used Cup 2's so aquaplaning was a problem. In the end I can only describe the day as 'educational' (although terrifying would also be accurate). Having said that I walked away understand why people love the place and would love to go back in the dry.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:01 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Hi Metamatt,
Good to hear that you have ventured to the Ring. Sorry to hear that you had a wet visit.
Personally I only drive on the Ring when wet if we do sections training during the Scuderia Hanseat. It is far to much elevation and uneven surfaces to risk going at speed when wet and as You surely noticed there are not much of run off area.....
I hope You go back and get to experience this track when it is dry. But I also think You gained some experience from this visit and as the ring is 20,8km long you need many laps just to know were you are leta alone to remember bumps and different surfaces. Most experienced drivers say you need 1000 laps to really know your way around!
Nice picture of Your car in Kallenhard which is a difficult corner in dry and very scary in wet!
/9MRSCS
Old 10-02-2017, 07:22 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Having performed well at previous visits I qualify for starting in Winners Group. This year we where 23 starters in WG and I came in on 5th place with a score of 185 which is my all time best:reckon:

/9MRSCS
Well deserved points and a great result!

(Especially if you consider that the points scale has been made tougher. It is more difficult to get high points now a days.)

Quick Reply: 9m93RS Clubsport #5 from USA origin Carrera 4