993 Forum 1995-1998

9m93RS Clubsport #5 from USA origin Carrera 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 10:02 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by 9MRSCS
A picture say more than a thousand words!

As I am a fair weather driver that was a summary of DN 11 ... I hope for better luck next time!
//9MRSCS
A common April risk, back in April 21st 2012 ... Sorry the Eiffel strikes again, the track gods were in a foul mood. Better luck next trip!
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2015, 04:00 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DN 12

Originally Posted by GT2rainge
Are you going to dn12 in July?
Hi Neil,
No DN 12 for me as July will be spent with the family in Sweden.
I will do the Scuderia Hanseat in the beginning of September with RingRunners and perhaps DN13 later in the month, if time allows!?
//9MRSCS
Old 04-16-2015, 04:07 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Default Snow and Ice

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
A common April risk, back in April 21st 2012 ... Sorry the Eiffel strikes again, the track gods were in a foul mood. Better luck next trip!
It is so frustrating when you have longed so hard for some laps all winter only to find that the winter followed you to the Ring. Last year we where however very lucky and I just have to keep my fingers crossed for good weather for next visit in September
//9MRSCS
Old 04-20-2015, 05:29 PM
Metamatt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear the 'ring was a white out; keep posting, I love reading about the trips and the car. I got very lucky on Saturday. In the Uk we have a saying - 'April showers' - which meant I was surprised to get to Anglesey and find this; love playing with my 9m car in the sun

Hope to see into you in Warrington or spa some time!

Old 04-22-2015, 03:45 PM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Metamatt
Sorry to hear the 'ring was a white out; keep posting, I love reading about the trips and the car. I got very lucky on Saturday. In the Uk we have a saying - 'April showers' - which meant I was surprised to get to Anglesey and find this; love playing with my 9m car in the sun

Hope to see into you in Warrington or spa some time!

Thank you for the fantastic pictures of your car on such a beautiful day!
It would be great to meet up at SPA or perhaps the Nürburgring.
Have you done any driving on Nürburgring? If not a good way to learn the Ring is to do the Scuderia Hanseat course which I will do in the beginning of September.
Lets keep in touch such that we can have some 9M rumble around some great track
//9MRSCS
Old 04-25-2015, 11:39 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Default Kinnekulle 2015

Thought some of You might enjoy some engine sound to listen to this weekend

This year the weather was not so good as last but at least it was dry.
Kinnekulle is a twisty little track and they laid a new surface last year so the grip is good. The track suits the 9MRSCS as it is not too much of a power track, it allowed me to keep up with cars which are much more powerful such as the 997 GT2´s. (on the video you can see two cars ahead and it was a 997 Gt3 and a GT2)
I had a hard time getting my tires up to temperature and had it been a bit warmer I would have gone a bit faster. But we had a great day.
/9MRSCS
Old 06-09-2015, 11:03 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Default Rudskogen 2015

A lap of the great track in Norway called Rudskogen. This time using my iPhone and VBox Sport for accurate timing.
//9MRSCS
Old 06-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

Where did you mount your iPhone (location on car)?

Thanks for sharing
Old 06-10-2015, 04:52 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default engine

Colin, on that last engine rebuild, it looks like the oil squirters are missing, are they in that deep as not to be seen or are they removed? thanks
Old 06-11-2015, 09:27 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Default iphone mounting.

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
Where did you mount your iPhone (location on car)?
In post 381 you can see where I fit the iPhone, it is held by a iphone mount igrip T5-9480 which is solid. If you look at the video you can see the front right fender when it is a bit bumpy.
I then have a Vbox sport in the glove box using an external antenna fitted on my rear window, cable going through the old wiper hole, for a good gps fix. The iphone and Vbox communicate though blue tooth and it now works fine

I will be doing the Scuderia Hanseat driving course 1-3 september this fall, any chance you are around then?
//9MRSCS
Old 06-11-2015, 09:57 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Default ABS 993 CUP

When driving on the nürburgring there are a couple of places where you have all four wheels in the air. At Pflanzgarten there you also need to brake after the jump before you turn right. Once you start to go faster you brake before and after the jump or if you are a nutter you brake only after

The standard ABS fitted to the 993´s including the RS has a "black ice" function. This function allows the brakes to release if the system indicates that all 4 wheels lock up at the same time before the system then starts to modulate the ABS function. If this happens when you have all four wheels in the air it is very uncomfortable when you land and instantly want your brakes to work as the brake peddle then starts to pump and you have a very scary moment!

After having experienced a number of these and discussing this with Colin he informed me that he had replaced his standard ABS on his 993RS after a similar incident with a CUP ABS which not only provide a better ABS function but also do not have the "black ice" function.

Having searched the internet for some years I eventually managed to aquaire a CUP ABS for my car through Freisinger Motorsport, it was very expensive as these parts are very rare to come by but made a vast improvement to my braking at this specific part of the ring - one valuable and further optimizion to make the 9MRSCS an even better tool for the ring.

If you are interested in this modification you can see the number of this ABS unit on the picture below (993.618.125.70). But remember if you manage to get hold of one you also need to rewire the socket to the unit //9MRSCS

Last edited by 9MRSCS; 06-11-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

When driving on the nürburgring there are a couple of places where you have all four wheels in the air. At Pflanzgarten there you also need to brake after the jump before you turn right. Once you start to go faster you brake before and after the jump or if you are a nutter you brake only after
Depends on the car of course but I agree, it is very scary when you land the jump at Pflanzgarten to realise you have no brakes...
With a fast street car (on street tires) you get on the brakes before the jump, then ease off for a split second and immediately after landing you get back on the brakes.
With a race car on racing slicks you can brake after the jump, although not with the top tier cars.

I'll be jumping again this weekend in the RCN race.

The CUP ABS brain is an awesome upgrade!
Old 08-26-2015, 04:39 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Default Anderstorp Scandinavian Raceway 2015

Sweden has a history in formula one and during the seventies Ronnie Pettersson was a successful Swedish driver. As a result some entusiasts build a track in Anderstorp where for a number of years F1 races where held, 6 times.

Ringrunners had this track for the day and the weather was very good. Many interesting cars such as Mclaren P1, Ferrari 488, Porsche 991 GT3RS, Ferrari 458 Speciale, Porsche Cayman GT4, Porsche 991 GT3 and many many more.....

The best this day however was that I was not the only air cooled car on the track , JN had brought his 964/993 orange beauty which you can just see way in front of me in the enclosed video. Unfortunately I have no still picture of his car but will post one at a later date.

Earlier in the summer we had a meeting at Falkenberg Raceway and I managed to take an interesting wide angle picture from the whole grid of cars among which you will find a Porsche 918 which of course attracted a lot of interest.

It is now time for my last visit this season to the Nürburg ring and we will drive down on saturday such that we can see the FIA WEC race on Sunday. During the week about 50 members of our club will participate in the Scuderia Hanseat which take place on the 1-3 of September, lets keep our fingers crossed for dry weather

Perhaps some of you Rennlisters will participate in the Scuderia or visit Nürburg next week. If so hope to see you
//9MRSCS
Old 08-26-2015, 06:14 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

It is now time for my last visit this season to the Nürburg ring and we will drive down on saturday such that we can see the FIA WEC race on Sunday. During the week about 50 members of our club will participate in the Scuderia Hanseat which take place on the 1-3 of September, lets keep our fingers crossed for dry weather

Perhaps some of you Rennlisters will participate in the Scuderia or visit Nürburg next week. If so hope to see you
//9MRSCS
Hey, my 993 is on it's way to the ring as we speak and my CUP car will follow next week. I will be racing in SPA on the 12th and plan to do TF on Sunday 13th.
Wonder if there is any way to still sign up for the Scuderia Hanseat? I could fly there that weekend too...
Old 08-26-2015, 07:55 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Default PM Sent

Originally Posted by Juha G
Wonder if there is any way to still sign up for the Scuderia Hanseat? I could fly there that weekend too...
Juha
PM Sent
/9MRSCS

Quick Reply: 9m93RS Clubsport #5 from USA origin Carrera 4