993 Forum 1995-1998

9m93RS Clubsport #5 from USA origin Carrera 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

Thanks for sharing!

Will be a Spa (RSR Track Day) and Ring (watch VLN & Tourist laps) in Oct 8/12, so missed you by a month, rats.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:53 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Toga
What a thread! I read it on one pass by this rainy afternoon in Corsica, and I'm really impressed. Congratulations to the 9M team, the owner, ... and the Norschleiffe track designer And to discover on the last page that this was the car I saw in Nürburg this September is just too much. By the way 9MRSCS, this is a serious bunch of petrolhead boys your brought with you from Sweden seing the cars which were parked around yours. It would have been a pleasure having a beer with you guys. Hope to se you next time.
We will most likley be back to the ring next spring and I will make arrangements as soon as they start posting track day dates for 2015.
I would also like to do the Sport Auto course on the ring as it has been recomended by friends as a very good way to find speed around the the ring.
This year I managed 3 visits to the ring and we where extremley lucky with the weather as we had 100% dry days when it mattered!
I will post dates as soon as we make some bookings and perhaps you will be around such that we can meet up, if the organizers allow passangers you are welcome to ride with me for à lap or two😳
RingRunners consists of dedicated petrol heads and the car fleet among owners is impressive counting most marquees of competent sport cars. There is à thread of pictures on Flicker of cars from our club, search for RingRunners of Sweden and you will find many superb fotos.
/9MRSCS
Old 09-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
Thanks for sharing!

Will be a Spa (RSR Track Day) and Ring (watch VLN & Tourist laps) in Oct 8/12, so missed you by a month, rats.
I will be in SPA on the 7th as well with my 997. It would be awesome to meet another rennlister there!!
We will be attending the "Green hell" driving days at the 'ring 3. - 6.10.

Originally Posted by 9MRSCS
I would also like to do the Sport Auto course on the ring as it has been recomended by friends as a very good way to find speed around the the ring.
If you are interested in finding speed there I can hook you up with Pro drivers Markus Palttala and Jesse Krohn.
Jesse is young but very experienced and VERY fast. He holds the current lap record for the VLN 24h variante (GP circuit + Nordschleife) in CUP 5 class and is in the BMW junior driver program.
Markus on the other hand is a very experienced GT driver with a lot of racing history at the ring. This season he is driving one of MarcVDS GT3 class Z4s and also driving the Turner motorsports Z4 in the IMSA/TUDOR series.

Markus Palttala: http://www.markuspalttala.com/?page_id=8

Jesse Krohn: http://jessekrohn.com

Both gentlemen are 911 experts, even though they are currently racing with BMWs.

Markus lives in Belgium has told me he will be happy to drive to the ring if he is not busy racing.
Jesse lives in Finland but I think he has spent this entire season at the ring...
He was coaching me in July and said he spends a lot of time there so it should be quite easy to find a date that suits both.
Markus was coaching us in spring in Finland and he has promised to come with us to SPA on the 7th.

These guys are not only fast but also good teachers, which is quite important.
Pricing you will have to negoatiate directly with them but they are very reasonable.

Also, I have no stake in this, just that I know both gentlemen and have really enjoyed their coaching and knowing they enjoy coaching, I can highly recommend either one to anyone trying to find more speed at the ring.

Oh yeah, and your car.....
Old 09-28-2014, 03:59 PM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Juha G
I will be in SPA on the 7th as well with my 997. It would be awesome to meet another rennlister there!!
We will be attending the "Green hell" driving days at the 'ring 3. - 6.10.
Shame one doesn't live closer to the Ring otherwise I would have joined you gentlemen

Thank you for the tips on tutors, I do think I need this to get one step further in my efforts to master the Ring but will have to find suitable track day dates in 2015 and then see if they can fit to that time.

[/QUOTE]Oh yeah, and your car..... [/QUOTE]
Yep...my wallet and 9M´s expertise and the result is fantastic the car is just so fun to drive. I just wonder why not more people choose this route, there seems to be endless number of 911GT3RS drivers depreciating away the water damaged cars
I hope we get the opportunity to meet at the Ring when you have your new
project ready as I would love to see and hear the beast in action
Old 09-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Will arrive in Brussels on the 7th and head over to Spa in the morning. MY RSR Track day is 8 Oct. only. Are you doing just 1-day the 7th or both days 7 & 8 with RSR?

I should have time in afternoon 7th to head into Pits, will be on the look out for you and your 997.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Shame one doesn't live closer to the Ring otherwise I would have joined you gentlemen
A flight to Frankfurt is just a mouse click away... I can arrange for a good ring tool rental (VLN prepped E46 M3, Megane RS CUP) for a decent price...

Yep...my wallet and 9M´s expertise and the result is fantastic the car is just so fun to drive. I just wonder why not more people choose this route, there seems to be endless number of 911GT3RS drivers depreciating away the water damaged cars
I hope we get the opportunity to meet at the Ring when you have your new
project ready as I would love to see and hear the beast in action
I totally get what you're saying! After I finish my GT2, my next project will be a 993 RS tribute with a proper (9M?) engine in it.
I'm also sure we get to meet at at the ring next summer!
The downside with my GT2 is that it's a no go for TF...
Old 09-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
Will arrive in Brussels on the 7th and head over to Spa in the morning. MY RSR Track day is 8 Oct. only. Are you doing just 1-day the 7th or both days 7 & 8 with RSR?

I should have time in afternoon 7th to head into Pits, will be on the look out for you and your 997.
I'll be there only for the 7th with RSR. After the session ends we'll drive to Frankfurt for some Oktoberfest'ing...
Please come by!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I will post dates as soon as we make some bookings and perhaps you will be around such that we can meet up, if the organizers allow passangers you are welcome to ride with me for à lap or two😳
/9MRSCS

Wow!! Thank you so much for such a kind offer! I live only 2 hours from the ring, between Brussels and Liège. I would make the up & down just to see the car, so imagine with such a proposition

I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:21 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

A flight to Frankfurt is just a mouse click away... I can arrange for a good ring tool rental (VLN prepped E46 M3, Megane RS CUP) for a decent price...
Well .. neither of those cars are air-cooled

I totally get what you're saying! After I finish my GT2, my next project will be a 993 RS tribute with a proper (9M?) engine in it.
Then I hope you can ride with me next year unless you already have been in a car with a 9M engine

The downside with my GT2 is that it's a no go for TF...
When you are ready with the GT2 would you really want to risk it at TF, personally I avoid TF .. to many mad drivers there
Old 01-24-2015, 12:29 PM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Cool Lets hope 2015 will be à great track day year

The various organizers of track days at the Nürburgring has started to post dates and some friends and I have booked with Destination Nürburgring to do their first trackday for 2015, DN11.
The event is over two days, 1&2 of April, and with a bit of luck it will be dry and sunny.
I hope to see some of You fellow rennlisters there, perhaps also as participants such that I have some air cooled cars to share a few laps with
//9MRSCS
Old 01-25-2015, 11:26 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

The various organizers of track days at the Nürburgring has started to post dates and some friends and I have booked with Destination Nürburgring to do their first trackday for 2015, DN11.
The event is over two days, 1&2 of April, and with a bit of luck it will be dry and sunny.
I hope to see some of You fellow rennlisters there, perhaps also as participants such that I have some air cooled cars to share a few laps with
//9MRSCS
Made a note of dates
Old 04-14-2015, 06:06 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

A picture say more than a thousand words!

As I am a fair weather driver that was a summary of DN 11 ... I hope for better luck next time!
//9MRSCS
Old 04-14-2015, 06:33 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Sucks... but perhaps you had some beers at Pistenklause?

Btw. Do you know if the speed limits that were put up for the VLN race are still there for other events like DN or normal TF?
Old 04-14-2015, 06:43 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Beers to drown the lost days chasing down a Grillhaxe at Lindenhof!
Discussing better times as well as making plans for the next visit to "the mother of all race tracks"
When do you plan to go down next time J, it would be fun to meet up?
//9MRSCS
Old 04-14-2015, 08:35 PM
GT2rainge
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Johan how's things?
Shame about the weather for dn 11, a few of my friends went and said it was cold and very changeable. Typical Eiffel weather I suppose for the time of year, very unpredictable.

Are you going to dn12 in July?
I'll be there can't wait need a fix! Ha!

Quick Reply: 9m93RS Clubsport #5 from USA origin Carrera 4