Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The link did not work so try this one!
9MRSCS
Old 08-08-2013, 11:44 AM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow great video, enjoyed that very much. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

Thanks for sharing! So how did Harry's Lap Timer keep track of RPM and Gear?
Old 08-09-2013, 06:12 PM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

A quick post as I have to go to bed!
Another video this time from the ring, comment will come in a later post!
9MRSCS
Old 08-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Foxtastic
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Damn it. Just when I was getting back into ****.
This IS ****...
Old 08-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Drool . . . Thanks for sharing, some 993 Ring goodness!

Clearly more speed there, lifted / blocked more then a few times for traffic. Bimmer should have let you around. What happened in Corner 24 around 6:50 to telemetry data?

With traffic and Bimmer in your way, 8:16 still very impressive!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:31 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Great video!! I was yelling at my computer for the M3 to get out of your way! My kids came in asking what is wrong? I hate being on the track and clearly catching someone in the corners and them blasting away on the straights and catching them again in every corner. Usually I am in a BMW though. If someone catches up to you, let them go by and continue on.......now if in a race, COMPLETELY different story. In this case, if he would have just lifted and let you go by, you would have been gone! I guess I am preaching to the choir though Thanks for the video!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:04 PM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

What happened in Corner 24 around 6:50 to telemetry data?

YEAH, 69000 RPM, -183KPH ON THE STRAIGHT, 383KPH ON A CORNER?

Never seem that before!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:13 PM
jmg3
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Last edited by jmg3; 05-30-2021 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 9MRSCS
A quick post as I have to go to bed!
Another video this time from the ring, comment will come in a later post!

9MRSCS
That motor sounds nice and tight. Congrats!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:16 AM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Default Comments to the Ring,SPA and AvD-Oldtimer-Grand-Prix 41

This was a trip we had looked forward to since early spring and we packed our cars on the transporters and drove from Sweden on the 4th of August. The journey to Nürburg took 13 hours and we had about 1 hour of stau, which is not too bad..
We had four track days booked and then I had managed to get hold of some VIP tickets to Porsches hospitality tent for the Oldtimer Grand Prix. The schedule was then like this:

5 & 6th track days with Destination Nürburgring, DN9. 13:00-16:35 on the 5th and 08:00-16:35 on the 6th.

7th track day at SPA with Curbstone.net 09:00-18:00

8th track day at Nürburgring with Schnelleschwaben from 08:00-16:35.

9,10 and 11th Oldtimer Grand Prix nr 41.

The first track day was a very hot day, 33 deg. C!! The organizers had warm up laps where no overtaking was allowed for the first 30 minutes and this I think was a good call. It meant however that you got stuck in traffic after the 30 minutes had passed and I guess one should have left the track and re-joined. I did 8 laps on this first day as the high temperatures quickly made you tired. My friend Martin, driving a Z3M Coupé was unfortunate and put his car into the Armco barrier at miss-hit-miss section ripping the rear wheel almost of the car. Car most likely a write off:
https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1376828528
It was a day to get used to the track and to mourn the misfortune of Martin

The second day of DN9 was very good and I drove 23 laps, one of which I have posted earlier, and I was now getting the speed up. The car performs well and I slowly are getting used to where I can not drive it like I have been used to. Before arriving I had about 260 laps on the ring when the car was 4WD.
I now have to be careful when I enter a turn where the ground is falling away and you need to turn in, like over the Adenau bridge where I almost spun a couple of times due to the car sharply oversteering. The same is happening as you enter Brünchen after the crest at Wipperman. It is a bit scary but in time I will see if I can make adjustments to the set up to minimize this tendency.
The new gear ratios are working well and many sections where I previously felt a lack of power are now gone. Going up at Bergwerk is now a full trottle job and this saves much time. On some of the laps I still have a problem to force my brain not to lift of at Kesselchen but just to keep my foot firmly planted..
The only problem with the car on track seems to be that 4th gear some times drops out. This happens when you come from 5th and go to fourth release the clutch to go back on the gas. It has happened as I enter Adenau bridge and also as I brake and downshift before the S section prior to Hohe Acht. Unsure as to what the cause is but needs to be further investigated as we had some problems with the gearbox during it's re-build.
https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1376830309
https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1376830309

The third day we had my car on the truck and my friends Martin & Jörgen had rented a M3E60 as Jörgen also had problems with his car. It was a early start from Nürburg but we arrived in time for the briefing with Curbstone at SPA (drive took about 2 hours). It was however raining and I waited for a couple of hours before I dared enter the track, still raining however.. The day was shared with race cars on full wets and they where scary quick and pulled a spray such that you could see f--k all once they passed.

In the afternoon it dried up for an hour and I went back on the track and did about 10 laps before the rain started again and we packed up and returned back to Nürburg. In total I only managed 17 laps which was far less than anticipated
The event was well organized but the presence of so many race cars was intimidating, especially if you are new to the track and it is wet.
SPA is a great track but can not compare to the Ring. The organizer took some really good pictures of the 9MRSCS.
https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1376831600
https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1376831600

On the 8th we had the Schnelleschwaben track day. The McLaren club was there and they had 13 x MP12-4C present..
I decided to do as many laps as possible ..... it came to 8 laps before my gearbox/clutch started to make so much noise that I dared not continue.
This was a great shame as I was now getting into the car and was cutting about 3 seconds per lap. The best lap timed with Harry's laptimer was 8:09 but the video had turned of as the memory was full so I cant show you, bugger!! I felt confident that I would have passed the magical 8 minute barrier if I could have continued but it will have to wait to another year...
I went to Prosport and a mechanic went with me in the car but he was unsure what was causing the noise. Then went and spoke to RSR as I had to return a transponder and they had a mechanic who had done a lot of work on Porsche and he was confident that it is the clutch making then noise. He suggested I fit a Helix clutch as opposed to the Sachs I currently ride, has anyone used the Helix and has any views on it?

In total I had driven 39 laps on the Nürburgring and 17 laps at SPA.
The sad news is that the car drinks oil.. For this driving I have had to put in 7 litres of oil
The driving distance for this consumption is approximately 900 km. How much oil does your engine consume during a track day/per km?

The car sometimes smokes when I start it but not always and it is not leaking from underneath so the oil has to go through the combustion cycle
I guess Colin has some thoughts to this problem and that there will be an easy fix?

The grand finale of the week where the Oldtimer Grand Prix where we had tickets to the fantastic hospitality tent Porsche had. It allowed us to park our cars on the track and also provided some fantastic cars. As an example there where 24 starting F1 cars from the year 1970-1984 in one race. Oooohh what a sound..
I had the 9MRSCS on the car park and it received some attention from the crowds. And probably spread the Ninemeister brand to many visitors from far and away, perhaps some of you reading this saw it?

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1376832873

9MRSCS
Attached Images      
Old 08-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Thanks for sharing! Some great photos on track!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:39 PM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

9MRSCS,

Great to read about your exploits to the ring and Spa, shame about your friends accident, this is what we all have to be wary of on track days is it not.

In the last picture, I noticed your wheels. I've been searching for similar for my 964, can you tell me more about them?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Metamatt
Intermediate

Volk te37's http://www.rays-msc.com/wheels/index.cgi?d=10

V. Light compared to other 993 options. I'm sure OP or Colin can add more detail

Absolutely fantastic thread BTW.

M.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:57 PM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
Thanks for sharing! Some great photos on track!
Thank your for your comments!
It has been a great visit to the Ring and to Spa and I will post more pictures and films when I return to the Ring. Ambition is to go sub 8 BTG and had I been able to continue on the last track day I feel confident it would have happened.
But I will rush slowly as to the Ring has a wicked tendency to bite back if you try just that little bit too hard

Quick Reply: 9m93RS Clubsport #5 from USA origin Carrera 4