Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

9m93RS Clubsport #5 from USA origin Carrera 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 10:00 AM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

9MRSCS: congrats on a beautiful car! Can't wait to see the finished car and the track videos
Old 04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
V
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
The boys were back in town this morning and straight into the job of having this car finished by the end of this week.

First job was to fit the seat belts and harnesses, both are required to comply with local road use requirements to have inertia reel seat belts.
I wonder what stupid country has requirements like those

Stunning work as always and hats off to the people at 9M. What a nice build!

Congrats to the owner, enjoy in good health
Old 04-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup, on the RS the glovebox front panels are bonded over the painted metal panel and you can see the paint around the closed door.
Can you still get those from Porsche? Or is that something you can get from 964?

I don't have the airbag, nor lower panel and it would be a nice to have a glovebox for registration etc. (now they're behind driver's seat).

TIA
Old 04-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

9MRSCS drive in good health, please please please share Ring and Spa videos and thanks for writing the check and letting 9m share the experience with the forum! These builds are from the heart not the head and we can all admire the results.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 9MRSCS
Having stayed silent and just enjoyed the postings from Colin and all the encouraging comments from the community I can only say that it has been fantastic to follow the work Colin and his crew has performed on my car and I am bursting to see,feel and drive the car in the next few days.

As you see I have adopted a fitting name to match the car here on Rennlist, the same name will later be the registration number/plate on the car.

I will as soon as I can post videos from various tracks we drive and of course from the mother of them all the Ring
Grattis!!! That's some kit you have there, weill be awesome at tracks around there and of course at the Ring as well.
(from Colin's post I gather you're a Swede).
Old 04-03-2013, 11:43 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by RP993
any other mods in the gearbox: re-gearing, 8/32, etc?

the price of the syncro rings are shocking? Is there any aftermarket part for these?
No, the steel syncro parts are all Porsche only items.

In my opinion changing the R&P to a motorsport 8:32 is a seriously bad idea for a road car because the smaller pinion gear will not last anywhere near as long as the stock 9:31. In an ideal world we would replace the mainshaft, raise 1st gear and close up the huge 1st to 2nd drop of the stock G50/21/20 gearbox, however on a cost basis and since most road & trackday users rarely use 1st gear in anger we can choose to accept 1st and 2nd for what they are and adopt a close 2/3/4/5/6 gearset. This is the approach we have chosen for this gearbox.
Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:47 AM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my opinion changing the R&P to a motorsport 8:32 is a seriously bad idea for a road car because the smaller pinion gear will not last anywhere near as long as the stock 9:31. In an ideal world we would replace the mainshaft, raise 1st gear and close up the huge 1st to 2nd drop of the stock G50/21/20 gearbox, however on a cost basis and since most road & trackday users rarely use 1st gear in anger we can choose to accept 1st and 2nd for what they are and adopt a close 2/3/4/5/6 gearset. This is the approach we have chosen for this gearbox.
I spoke with Jeff Gamroth from Rothsport yesterday about a transmission rebuild/regear and he said the exact same thing... Almost word for word in fact!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Can you still get those from Porsche? Or is that something you can get from 964?

I don't have the airbag, nor lower panel and it would be a nice to have a glovebox for registration etc. (now they're behind driver's seat).

TIA
All 964 parts including lower dash trims, the lower dash panel section is available from Porsche or you might be lucky and find one in a breakers yard.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jstyer
I spoke with Jeff Gamroth from Rothsport yesterday about a transmission rebuild/regear and he said the exact same thing... Almost word for word in fact!
Great minds think alike?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:05 PM
RP993
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the detailed answer and for the graph. Now i've learned something new
Old 04-03-2013, 01:09 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work!!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:25 PM
rsman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any idea why RS front backing plates are different colors? Just ordered some and mine came in different as well!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:38 PM
9MRSCS
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to thank you all, post by post ,for the best wishes but are not familiar with how to do this (coying posts into a reply) so I will ask Colin for a lesson on friday and then personally comment to your posts in the future so it will be a common Tack (Thanks) to you all!

I hope to see the European members on the Ring or at other venues across Europe (and perhaps some in Sweden) in years to come as this car will be a keeper

It is a re-build from the hart that I hope to enjoy for many years to come and the next step down the slippery slope will be to put her on a diet hence no need for a full re-spary

Power is nothing without control
Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by 9MRSCS
Having stayed silent and just enjoyed the postings from Colin and all the encouraging comments from the community I can only say that it has been fantastic to follow the work Colin and his crew has performed on my car and I am bursting to see,feel and drive the car in the next few days.

As you see I have adopted a fitting name to match the car here on Rennlist, the same name will later be the registration number/plate on the car.

I will as soon as I can post videos from various tracks we drive and of course from the mother of them all the Ring
Beautiful car, nicely done!!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by rsman
Any idea why RS front backing plates are different colors? Just ordered some and mine came in different as well!
Porsche dealer arrogance, mine came through both the same

Quick Reply: 9m93RS Clubsport #5 from USA origin Carrera 4