Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transition

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 10:05 AM
XavierLaFlamme
Three Wheelin'

Received 116 Likes on 52 Posts

It looked sharp before but I do love the stock look too. Can't lose with that one!
--Michael
Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 AM
boman993
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Awesome! Looks so much better without those aero pieces!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Many jump in with a new ride to " slide down the slippery slope" of $$$$ mods .... kudos for crawling up that same slippery slope, and reversing some mods to achieve a tasteful result!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:00 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by Garth S
Many jump in with a new ride to " slide down the slippery slope" of $$$$ mods.... kudos for crawling up that same slippery slope, and reversing some mods to achieve a tasteful result!
Garth, that happens in any activity/hobby by many/most taking part in it. (*)

I see it so often in motorcycle circles. You wouldn't believe the money spent percentage-wise compared to the cost of buying the actual motorcycle. My theory that I get to chuckle about and based on years of monitoring the forums is, they bling/farkle up their motorcycle and when there is nothing left to buy, they sell it and start all over again with the next motorcycle. There is nothing wrong with that, but it tells me that it is more about buying toys than about motorcycling to them. When I finish setting up my motorcycle the way I want it, I hang onto it and go and see places.

Nothing wrong with mods; I tend to go with useful ones like my on-board voltmeter...not much of a mod really, but damn useful. On the other end of the spectrum, I would see little point to installing PSS-10s on my car for street use and then not even make use of the adjustments. My OEM suspension pulls some damn good laterals on the on-ramps to the highway.

* I remember the kids coming to the handgun range with fancy smancy guns and not being able to hit the broadside of a barn. As the Duke put it in one of his movies "too much gun". LOL

Quick Reply: Transition