Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Tips for sleuthing a 993's journey from manufacture to my garage?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 AM
stickypatch
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips for sleuthing a 993's journey from manufacture to my garage?

The '94 C2 I've just bought was not first registered in my country - it was imported here to New Zealand in 2006 by the previous owner. The NZ title search I've done shows that a vehicle importer owned it for one day and then it was owned by the same person - until the dealer I purchased it from. That vehicle importer was declared bankrupt about a year later. Usually, used imports in NZ show the country that the car was imported from, but this one just showed the country of origin as "other".

It's RHD, which narrows it down to fewer countries than a LHD vehicle, and I'm told by the dealer that it was first registered in Germany so it may have been a tourist pickup - but I have no evidence of this.

Is Porsche in Germany a good place to start with finding out about the car's history? Are they helpful at all? Has anybody researched their 993 and could offer tips?
Old 10-07-2012, 04:07 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

You can start by googling the VIN number of the car.

Factory can also give you some info as to what the car's options where, when it was built, etc. i think they sell certificates of origin or some such.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:45 PM
356Downunder
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get hold of Giltraps or Conties ....or EML and they will supply you with the info as manufactured ex factory.
Cheers
Bob

Quick Reply: Tips for sleuthing a 993's journey from manufacture to my garage?