993 Forum 1995-1998

Los Angeles to Halifax: the blue '96 coupe delivery blog

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 07:56 PM
lcorkum
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firesm
Great thread Lloyd, and I'm really sorry I missed meeting you in Ottawa! Congrats and enjoy the car.
Steve,

Sorry we missed you also, I had a great evening with Paul and Alex, I am sure we will catch up to each other on another trip into Ottawa.

Cheers!
Lloyd
Old 09-16-2012, 07:59 PM
lcorkum
Advanced

Default Another day in the life of the LA 993

Just to show we are not bored of driving, we took a run today down to the Annapolis Valley to check out some old haunts along the way, we might have been home 24 hours before we went cruising so this car will get used for what we like best and will also see a bit of track time, but it will be limited, I will not abuse this car, that is ny oath to myself. . . .

Later. . .
Lloyd
Old 09-16-2012, 08:51 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lcorkum
Last but not least, Thanks Chuck for a wonderful experience in closing this deal to the support and preparation you did in keeping this 993 in pristine condition and ready for a road trip like this. . . I had confidence right from the get go that you were a stand up guy that one could lean on with respect and admiration for keeping this car in perfect condition, I hope I can do the same, it won't be without trying as I am pretty meticulous as well. I plan to take very good care of her for the next owner in her long life, that day will come but it is a long. long, long way off. . . .
You're quite welcome. It was as good of a transaction as anyone could have asked for. I hope I can be on the buying end myself someday. I'm glad the trip worked out, I never had any doubt about the car
Old 09-16-2012, 09:02 PM
lopro
Banned

very nice trip pics, I really enjoyed reading thru the thread. Nice car bud I love it
enjoy and congratulations
Old 09-17-2012, 07:57 AM
initial
Instructor

Was that Sir Terrence Mathews sitting behind you guys at Lapointes?

Years from now you'll probably regret the deicsion to get rid of the 3.2 G50. I sold my 89 cab this spring, and now consider it a big mistake. Maybe because it was a cab and I mostly miss the sound when I opened it up, maybe its because I could drive it at higher RPM, or maybe its the fact that it would scare me in the corners.

Congrats on bringing the new car home safely. Enjoy.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:14 PM
lcorkum
Advanced

Originally Posted by initial
Was that Sir Terrence Mathews sitting behind you guys at Lapointes?

Years from now you'll probably regret the deicsion to get rid of the 3.2 G50. I sold my 89 cab this spring, and now consider it a big mistake. Maybe because it was a cab and I mostly miss the sound when I opened it up, maybe its because I could drive it at higher RPM, or maybe its the fact that it would scare me in the corners.

Congrats on bringing the new car home safely. Enjoy.
Thanks for the tip on the 3.2/G50. I had a buyer but he is delaying due to nerves and trying to sell a truck however we all know this is a great car and he will miss the opportunity soon. My wife already is telling me to keep it but I don't want to be a collector however I love them both, they are both great driving cars they were the last of the best (My own personal opinion) I guess that's why.

Sorry you missed out on our gathering at Lapointe's, maybe next time, I will be back soon without the 993 and looking for a ride!!!

Cheers!
Lloyd

Quick Reply: Los Angeles to Halifax: the blue '96 coupe delivery blog