993 Forum 1995-1998

San Diego PCA Performance Driving School

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:09 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default San Diego PCA Performance Driving School

The San Diego chapter of the PCA puts on a Performance Driving Shool twice a year and the Fall 2012 school will be held October 19, 20 & 21. I'm one of the chief driving instructors who helps organize the event and wanted to get the word out on RL. Any beginning/intermediate driver within a few hours of San Diego should think about attending as it's a fantastic weekend of safe, fun and excellent instruction. I've posted the registration link below and note you must be a PCA member to sign up (there is still time to register for PCA before the school).

I'd love to see this school packed with 993s!!!!

The Link:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...0B8A03E92B87ED
Old 08-27-2012, 02:09 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

To the top! Sign up today for this great event!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:13 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you anyone here wants to make substantial increases in their driving abilities in just one weekend I would highly recommend this course.
This will hold epecially true for those with either little or no track experience.
Adam and all of the PCA instructors are excellent drivers/instructors and will make you realize just how capable your Porsche truly is, both on the track and more importantly in everyday driving situations (such as accident avoidance).
Old 08-27-2012, 08:00 PM
LvnTheDrm
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Adam--Wish I was going to be in town to attend (as well as this weekend's AX!)...I NEED to experience the School! Fun meeting you earlier this month at the AX...
Old 08-28-2012, 02:16 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Peter - Thanks for the positive words! It really is a top notch weekend!

Brian - it was good to meet you as well, wish you could have made this school! You'll have to plan on the next one in the Spring.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:46 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

There are still slots open. It's a great weekend with your Porsche so sign up if you are on the fence!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:33 PM
911ist
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this an autox setup? I am not a PCA member but my car is...she's got a sticker on her lol...am i qualified?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

911ist,
The PCA-SDR Performance Driving school is...
Fri night:
Chalktalk on performance driving, car dynamics, what to expect from the weekend, etc
Saturday:
basics of car control: skidpad activities, "pitch and catch" skid recovery, accident avoidance, maximizing braking efficiency, cornering, slalom, a miniAX
Sunday:
An untimed Autocross to link together and practice many of the skills learned on Saturday.

This school is top notch (I took it twice as a student before eventually becoming one of the instructors) and we work very hard to ensure that everyone learns (at their own pace and comfort level) AND has a FUN time! I guarantee smiles and a good time!

Not sure about the PCA membership question. Its not hard to join.....and the Panorama magazine has drool worthy Pcar reading every month, so that is pretty good benefit
Old 09-19-2012, 08:01 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Looks like Keith responded at the same time as me. I'll leave my response below but they say very much the same thing. As far as membership, you can sign up and our membership chair will contact you to become a member. Or, you can sign up on your own through PCA national.

Friday night is "Chalk Talk". Saturday involves wet skidpads and pitch and catch exercises in the morning followed by slalom, apex, accident avoidance, threshold breaking and mini AX after lunch. Sunday is essentially an AX course (about 1.2 miles long) but it is not timed so the students can focus on the fundamentals more than time. Each student is assigned their own instructor on Sunday for the entire day. We wrap up Sunday with all the instructors strapping in their own cars and giving all the students rides in their cars to show them what these cars can do. It's an action packed weekend!

Quick Reply: San Diego PCA Performance Driving School