Old 08-14-2012, 11:27 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mistake, read it to fast and wrong.
I see what your saying.

Originally Posted by il pirata
Originally Posted by il pirata
Well in fairness Tony it is riding at OEM height and your listing does not detail what maintenance has been done...I would assume a 1995 with 30K riding at factory height would need new shocks. If the shocks have been replaced, 30K service has been done, etc I would put that in the listing otherwise a lot of people will assume the opposite.

GLWS.
Originally Posted by DALLWA
Shocks are replaced at the 30K service? What?

Ok time out. There is Rennlist and lots of Rennlisters like riding low and replacing their suspension for ride and visuals.
But, a 30k service doesn't automatically include a shock replacement. Also, there are people who don't care what ride height they are at, and
wouldn't replace their shocks until they were leaking, riding low, squeaking....some other reason than Rennlisters like it.

I may be wrong here, but my gut says we are confusing facts with preference.
geez...Use a comma to separate the elements in a series...I was not implying shocks where part of a 30K service
Old 08-15-2012, 12:26 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 389 Likes on 166 Posts

I haven't talked a Rennlister, its all Germans at this point.
I'm not surprised.

When I was looking at 993's locally (here in Dubai) the only two good ones didn't last long and went to Germany. I've even had a German guy offer me what I paid for mine plus mods to sell...
Old 08-15-2012, 12:30 AM
DALLWA
Racer

Yes, 9/10 seem to be from overseas.

They all want to know the Reserve and will I go until end. I understand the Reserve question but not the going until end.?

Are they asking if I will end it early for the right offer but not saying it?

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
I'm not surprised.

When I was looking at 993's locally (here in Dubai) the only two good ones didn't last long and went to Germany. I've even had a German guy offer me what I paid for mine plus mods to sell...
Old 08-15-2012, 12:37 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 389 Likes on 166 Posts

If you tell them the reserve they will ask you if they can pay it and you end the auction there and then...aka not going until the end of auction.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:40 AM
DALLWA
Racer

I see, it's like playing poker and showing everyone your cards. :

Thank you sir

Last edited by DALLWA; 08-15-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:41 AM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
I am reading the ebay listing and not clear if there were any other upgrades done. What is a fair estimate of the additional dollars that need to be spent by the purchaser to bring it up to Rennlister standards?
Again beside a good ppi one should make sure when they test drive the vechicle to do a couple of strong pull ( some people do not do this because they believe it is rude . I say " do not be shy " ) in first and second gear to test the clutch for slippage because you never know how the miles were driven . No matter how many miles on the car . Driven right the clutch on average can be good for 100k plus miles just like brake pads they can last from 1k miles to 50k plus miles again depending how the miles were rack up .

It has been my experience 100 mile car to lets say 10k miles is a garage queen and you do not need to worry so much about wear because most likely the car is just changing garage .
Cars over 20k to 80k miles are drivers and again experience tells me that is where you need to do your due diligence because it is a grey area as far as things that need replacement in these car . Just for example you could get " sticky clutch pedal " and it needs the redesigned part . Which when you look at well maintain and good record keeping 993 higher 90k plus miles all these issues most likely been addressed . There is lots of Rennlisters with such cars here .
Just another piece of advise is , just because I am a member of Rennlist it does not automatically make me or my car a solid buy again due diligence , you need to do what you are doing asking questions , do history check here on the members and their cars .
USE THE SEARCH BUTTON !

Sorry about about long winded thoughts , speech or whatever .

Cheers Guy

Last edited by briefescape; 08-15-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 AM
Van1
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

I'd be curious to hear more about interested Germans. Are you talking one or two Germans inquiring or many? How serious do they seem? Trying to gauge the German 993 market.

I'm in a position where I may have the opportunity to ship a car over from the States as part of a year long tour in Germany starting this fall. Debating sending over my 993 to serve as daily transpo or buying a cheap hooptie here (or both). While I am not in the market to sell, the thought of cashing in on Europeans allegedly paying big money for 993s is on my mind. I would think that having my car already in country would be a big plus to a potential German/European buyer.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Am I the only one that thinks this link is "strange" ??

Not the comments I expected when I saw this car listed, I guess

Thought it would be a "cleaner" transaction for Tony
Old 08-15-2012, 10:15 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Lost you in translation Parnelli.

It's an EBay auction, not sure what's "unclean" in that.

Another 993 board investigative journalism 9 o'clock news uncover story worthy EBay link?

Originally Posted by Parnelli
Am I the only one that thinks this link is "strange" ??

Not the comments I expected when I saw this car listed, I guess

Thought it would be a "cleaner" transaction for Tony
Old 08-15-2012, 11:48 PM
RocketJohn
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I've seen this car in person, it's ridiculously clean and is in superb condition... This is one spectacular automobile, the color combination, the wheels, the lack of flaws...

I hope it doesn't sell so I can see it again... well maybe it should get sent away from Colorado so mine doesn't look so bad... :P
Old 08-15-2012, 11:50 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Thanks John!

It's a chick magnet! If I only had hair, 20 years younger, 20 lbs lighter, and good looking. It would be a double threat!

Originally Posted by RocketJohn
I've seen this car in person, it's ridiculously clean and is in superb condition... This is one spectacular automobile, the color combination, the wheels, the lack of flaws...

I hope it doesn't sell so I can see it again... well maybe it should get sent away from Colorado so mine doesn't look so bad... :P
Old 08-16-2012, 12:19 AM
RocketJohn
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

many tears will be shed in your household if this sells...
Old 08-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Lost you in translation Parnelli.

It's an EBay auction, not sure what's "unclean" in that.

Another 993 board investigative journalism 9 o'clock news uncover story worthy EBay link?

My point is I thought the car woulda sold right away. Instead the link is being turned into other's thoughts on "better" interior colors etc.

The car is for sale as is. If u like it then buy it. If not....fine. Just no need to complain about Tony's car not "having this or that". Does this make sense?

Quick Reply: Freak Out Alert: Riviera Blue Cab on Ebay