Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
View Poll Results: What is primary driver for increased price?
Rivi Blue Color
56.67%
1998 model (last year)
9.17%
Wide Body
12.50%
Other (please post reply with reason)
21.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: What is primary factor driving price of '98 C2S Rivi Blue 993 to $100k or more?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdude
While >$100k may seem high for the US, for Europe/Russia it may not look that far-fetched.

I don't understand the passion some display about this sale when they have no dog in this fight. Can one blame the seller for wanting to get top price?

If anything, for 993 owners you'd want him to get an obscene price would you not, which can only help the overall 993 market; and this coming from a guy who's still looking for his first one.

Last but not least, regarding the counter claim that this is not the only Riv Blue in the states, please show a pic. It's only fair if you make an open statement on this board that you back it up w/ proof.

I think most are fine with the seller getting top dollar. There were def a couple of faux pas in the listing, which has led to much rock-throwing, some of which is deserved. The seller can't prove his claim (truly... it's impossible) about being the only RB C2S, so the claim should never have been part of the auction.

As for this transaction helping the market? Please. No how, no way. This is an outlier in every sense of the word and will not influence the greater 993 market one iota.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 67 Posts

How many here think this sale will actually go through? I thjink the chances are very slim personally....
Old 08-06-2012, 01:01 AM
RocketJohn
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I think the sale will go through...
Old 08-06-2012, 01:17 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Here's your proof....

RB C2S on the right
Can you prove it is a 1998? Can you prove it is Riviera and not Mexico? If i was a betting man I would say no you can't and won't. You are a funny guy for one that doesn't like smurf colors, you sure are spending a lot of time on mine.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:18 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

While >$100k may seem high for the US, for Europe/Russia it may not look that far-fetched.

I don't understand the passion some display about this sale when they have no dog in this fight. Can one blame the seller for wanting to get top price?

If anything, for 993 owners you'd want him to get an obscene price would you not, which can only help the overall 993 market; and this coming from a guy who's still looking for his first one.

Last but not least, regarding the counter claim that this is not the only Riv Blue in the states, please show a pic. It's only fair if you make an open statement on this board that you back it up w/ proof.
One would think wouldn't you.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:23 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GYMGUY
Can you prove it is a 1998? Can you prove it is Riviera and not Mexico? If i was a betting man I would say no you can't and won't. You are a funny guy for one that doesn't like smurf colors, you sure are spending a lot of time on mine.
You are so wrong. I love Smurf.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:23 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Originally Posted by RocketJohn
I think the sale will go through...
Without a doubt. I love the naysayers and will miss the comedy show, but unfortunately I have to let the car go as I have more then enough serious buyers at hand, half not even in the US. Here are some more detailed pics, you be the judge:

http://photobucket.com/98RBC2S
Old 08-06-2012, 01:26 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

I'd hafta say that since GYMGUY has been caught stretching the truth before, and also again in his eBay ad, his credibility can be called in to question. Whereas, another member on the board here, who's not known to post fraudulent claims, said he saw a Riv Blu C2S here in Los Angeles last Thursday.

One could also make an argument that if one is going to make exceptional claims about one's car, it's up to them to prove it's true, not for others to disprove it.

It really comes down to being lied to. One thing we know for a fact is, GYMGUY lied and said his was a one-owner car. And even when he was caught lying, he still waited several days to amend his eBay ad, conveniently right after the reserve was tripped.

I don't care what anyone says, that sure looks like pretty shady behavior, and would give me pause about doing business with someone who has a moral compass such as this.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:41 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
... I'm still waiting for verified proof of that sighting .. pictures, another witness .. anybody ..? Bueller ....? Not trying to discredit anybody here .. but to my knowledge nobody on RL has EVER seen another Paint to Sample Riv Blue S in person, in pictures online, in a magazine ... AFAIK and it seems very unlikely. Proof please.
Taken at the Concours in Paridise in Carmel Valley, Ca

Old 08-06-2012, 01:44 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
I'd hafta say that since GYMGUY has been caught stretching the truth before, and also again in his eBay ad, his credibility can be called in to question. Whereas, another member on the board here, who's not known to post fraudulent claims, said he saw a Riv Blu C2S here in Los Angeles last Thursday.

One could also make an argument that if one is going to make exceptional claims about one's car, it's up to them to prove it's true, not for others to disprove it.

It really comes down to being lied to. One thing we know for a fact is, GYMGUY lied and said his was a one-owner car. And even when he was caught lying, he still waited several days to amend his eBay ad, conveniently right after the reserve was tripped.

I don't care what anyone says, that sure looks like pretty shady behavior, and would give me pause about doing business with someone who has a moral compass such as this.
I never lied computer tough guy. I'm not an ebay expert and I've talked to numerous people on this car and shown it to more then a few and guess what, not one disappointed. As a matter of fact most couldn't believe what they were seeing. If you don't want to buy the car then don't, I'm not forcing anyone to buy this car. It is freely available to be seen with all documentation and I encourage it. Just because I am not an ebay expert, does not mean I am a liar. Your theories are bogus as most buyers are going to check everything out in person anyway. Let me ask how can one tell what year the supposed C2S was going down the road? Is their eye good enough to know it wasn't Mexico blue? FYI there are plenty of Rennlisters that know me personally and I'm sure would strongly disagree with you. You are a joke, but as I said in the previous thread keep it coming. I'm enjoying your show. You are obviously a happy person with a perfect life hahaha I see that based on the positive PM's I've been receiving about a few of you guys.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:44 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Originally Posted by pirahna

My guess is Maritime
Old 08-06-2012, 01:49 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by GYMGUY
I never lied computer tough guy.
Umm, you purposely and intentionally stated your car was a one-owner car when you started your eBay auction. You knew when you wrote that lie that it was a lie. Being an expert on eBay or not has nothing to do with lying.

You amended your ad once some Rennlisters saw your lie and called you on it. Although you waited several days to amend your ad about your lie.

Stating something that you know to be false, such as claiming you have a 1-owner car for sale when you know you're not the original owner, is the definition of lying.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:50 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pirahna

Looks like TB to me.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

TB?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:56 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Turquoise blue.

Quick Reply: Poll: What is primary factor driving price of '98 C2S Rivi Blue 993 to $100k or more?