Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Fister stage III's installed, my thoughts

Old 07-03-2013, 10:05 PM
XavierLaFlamme
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
Oh boy, so how many people have I missed?
I have been getting so many orders for mufflers that I am really struggling to keep up. I get about 75 emails a day and about 20 phone calls, plus cars in the shop to work on, if I had hair I would be pulling it out
Currently the wait list for CORE EXCHANGES is an every growing monster due to the amount of time it takes to do the exchanges : I build a set, ship them out (1 week across the US for ground), customer installs (another week +,- ), ships cores back (another week.) My cores are out for over a month sometimes and while they are out the orders keep coming. A great problem to have, but very hard to keep up and frustrating for customers. I am sorry about that.
I purchased a pallet of cores but with all of the orders (and the overseas orders) it is not enough. I am trying to buy another pallet of cores that should help alleviate some of the delays.
Add the 996/997 orders and I am like a one legged man in an *** kicking contest!
I am not trying to make any excuses, just give you guys some insight to what has been happening. You can see I am rarely on here lately due to the fact that I just haven't had time.
If you can send in your cores, there is no waiting, we get to work on them right away. The waiting comes from the logistics of the core exchange process and the amount of orders I have been getting.
Darin put my IIIs on today. I drove around and felt invincible. They sound awesome. I will post up a sound clip when I get home.
--Michael
Old 07-03-2013, 11:02 PM
tian647
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XavierLaFlamme
Darin put my IIIs on today. I drove around and felt invincible. They sound awesome.
I bought my Stage IIIs a year ago this month and they remain the best automotive upgrade I have ever made. They make my commute tolerable on the worst traffic days and add the perfect soundtrack to track excursions.

When I bought mine it took a bit to catch up to the FD crew - totally worth any wait and zero reservations about it.

Regards,

Christian
'95 Carrera
Old 07-06-2013, 11:04 AM
ferik
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Are IIIs a problem in AX environments where they monitor the sound volume or are they in the range of most 997, GT3 RS and turbos?
Old 07-06-2013, 02:56 PM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolfk

Just wanted to share my opinions about the stage III's compared to stage II's as I had experienced both. Started with the II's being conservative, middle aged dude who has had his fair share of loud exhaust cars growing up. Time for something mellow. II' are definitely mellow. They have a nice little bark when you fire up which settles to a gurgle at idle. Once underway, the mellow exhaust noise is overcome by wind, road noise at around 40mph. So cruising at 40- 60mph, 2000 - 3000 rpm, no exhaust noise can be heard. I wanted to hear something while cruising, so the stage II's were sent back for the stage III's. The III's have a very sharp bark at fire up and settles to healthy deep gurgle at idle. But it is nothing too crazy. Once underway it is noticeable that the III's are louder than the II's but once again not too crazy, quite pleasant actually. At cruising speeds, the exhaust note is there but not blaring. In fact, windows up, cruising at highway speeds exhaust note is just barely perceptable. Perfect.

Of course this is just my humble opinion, based on my ears sitting in the drivers seat of my stock 97 Carrera with motorsound option, undertray installed. I have no impressions what the car sounds like on the outside to others yet.

FD motorsports was a pleasure to work with, and will recommend them to others.

Wolfgang
I cannot say this any better. I am totally happy with my IIIs and Darren was great to work with.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:29 PM
jlivingood
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
I purchased a pallet of cores but with all of the orders (and the overseas orders) it is not enough.
Wow. Where the heck does one even get a pallet of cores? May be stressful to be so busy but it beats the alternatives. ;-)
Old 07-06-2013, 06:00 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Darin is right. It took a month or so to make the mufflers, or wait for cores to come back so mine could be done, then a week for the mufflers to arrive, another week to get them installed and then packing and shipping them back. A lot of work for each client. The best thing is to get on the list and wait. It will take a while but they do arrive.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:58 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Finally got to try my Fister stage III today. (they are fabspeeds converted).

Well the Fabspeeds sucked donkey ***** but they were on the car when I bought it. They were drone machines.
The Fister'd mufflers are fantastic! No more drone! Fixed!

They growl when starting the vehicle and bark at sharp throttle. Not loud, but people will notice when normally they would not. They will command attention to the car but not in an obsence way.
On the highway you cannot really hear it which is pleasant for long drives when you do not wanna hear the flat 6 song every single moment.....

I am impressed.

I have a stock carrera 993 that I drove afterwards which just seemed so muffled that it was wrong.
I would like to try the stage II on that car just to take up a notch while still appearing somewhat stock.
The Fister III do not sound stock. Nice, but not stock.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:11 AM
IHTFP
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I just installed a set of Dansk Dual Flow 100 Cell Sport Cats (2 pipes) and they sound amazing. A huge change even with stock mufflers. I have a set of Fister I's on the way. I can have the I's moved up to II's if I desire, but I wanted to proceed with caution as II's or III's with the cats may be way too much.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:21 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IHTFP
I just installed a set of Dansk Dual Flow 100 Cell Sport Cats (2 pipes) and they sound amazing. A huge change even with stock mufflers. I have a set of Fister I's on the way. I can have the I's moved up to II's if I desire, but I wanted to proceed with caution as II's or III's with the cats may be way too much.
they still make I's?
Old 05-31-2014, 09:30 AM
IHTFP
Rennlist Member

Yeah, from what I understand I's are just II's without the internal mods. The I's are basically the LPMM Mod with a 2 inch pipe.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:47 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Just came back from a drive with my new Fister III's.

I threw on some old R888 tires (from my 997RS track tire collection) and hit up a bunch of 1st-2nd gear areas in town with the windows down.... Good ol' fashioned fun
Old 05-31-2014, 09:09 PM
pilotjosh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolfk

Just wanted to share my opinions about the stage III's compared to stage II's as I had experienced both. Started with the II's being conservative, middle aged dude who has had his fair share of loud exhaust cars growing up. Time for something mellow. II' are definitely mellow. They have a nice little bark when you fire up which settles to a gurgle at idle. Once underway, the mellow exhaust noise is overcome by wind, road noise at around 40mph. So cruising at 40- 60mph, 2000 - 3000 rpm, no exhaust noise can be heard. I wanted to hear something while cruising, so the stage II's were sent back for the stage III's. The III's have a very sharp bark at fire up and settles to healthy deep gurgle at idle. But it is nothing too crazy. Once underway it is noticeable that the III's are louder than the II's but once again not too crazy, quite pleasant actually. At cruising speeds, the exhaust note is there but not blaring. In fact, windows up, cruising at highway speeds exhaust note is just barely perceptable. Perfect.

Of course this is just my humble opinion, based on my ears sitting in the drivers seat of my stock 97 Carrera with motorsound option, undertray installed. I have no impressions what the car sounds like on the outside to others yet.

FD motorsports was a pleasure to work with, and will recommend them to others.

Wolfgang
When you converted from II to III was there a difference in price vs. just sending stock components to FD? I have Stage One's and would prefer III's.

Anyone happen to want to trade?
Old 05-31-2014, 11:49 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 444 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by IHTFP
Are you coming out to Bagel City tomorrow? I would love to hear it
Old 06-01-2014, 01:42 AM
IHTFP
Rennlist Member

Nam,

I wasn't planning on it. I think you would like the Dansk Cats, really has that flat 6 sound now. When I get the Fister I's on there I may drive up to let you hear them
Old 06-01-2014, 09:13 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 444 Likes on 269 Posts

Ok thanks Greg. Its a beautiful day to do some driving

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fister stage III's installed, my thoughts