Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Fister stage III's installed, my thoughts

Old 06-30-2013, 05:43 AM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying to order a set of mufflers from fister for two months but no response from them
I called any they said fill out a form, I have not heard back from them
From this thread it sounds like everyones quite happy with theirs, Wish I could get a set with wide ovals.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:52 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I have a set of fabspeeds that came on my car. Fister can only Stage III them therefore im going to give it a try rather then sell them as is. Great way to experiment.
If i find them too loud I will sell them to buy Fister stage II.

The hardest part is having no exhaust while i wait for the turnaround.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:22 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 570 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Harold
I am very keen on this but don't want to let go of my original mufflers so that I always have the option to put the car back to stock. If only he had an option to sell the units with cores so I could keep my original mufflers intact.
They used to have that option but at considerable cost. I'm sure they can still do it it just might take longer waiting for them to find another set of cans to modify.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:35 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by lopro
I have been trying to order a set of mufflers from fister for two months but no response from them
I called any they said fill out a form, I have not heard back from them
From this thread it sounds like everyones quite happy with theirs, Wish I could get a set with wide ovals.
I've also sent several emails to FD and have gotten no response. In the past year I have gotten the Golden Rod and SS kit and been thrilled. Now I want a set of FD mufflers but need some communication from FD. I'll be patient. :confused
Old 07-01-2013, 11:10 AM
kml
Intermediate

The same communication problem with FD...
Old 07-01-2013, 11:37 AM
jg291446
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Had the same communication problem with FD 2-3 months ago. Filled a form to buy Fister II and it took a couple weeks to get an answer after posting on a thread here. They said they were too busy due to a high demand. I finally never bought it but consensus seems to be it's worth the wait.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:03 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I am just afraid that if I send mufflers to them my car will be down for months. Can't risk that. I'll wait until they start answering emails again, I suppose.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:55 PM
EDoyle
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I would love some III's as well. With so much demand (read $$$$) standing by, it's surprising that a company in today's economy hasn't yet adjusted in a way that they can fulfill the demand!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by EDoyle
I would love some III's as well. With so much demand (read $$$$) standing by, it's surprising that a company in today's economy hasn't yet adjusted in a way that they can fulfill the demand!
Define demand-this is still a boutique item, with relatively limited demand. I believe they are as focused on quality and workmanship as anything. You don't simply hire welders off the street to help get mufflers out the door when orders back up a bit, and keep quality where it is now.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Garrison
Instructor

I am waiting for my mufflers to arrive, should be tomorrow, and can not wait. Darin and the guys at FD have been great to deal with. Email responses within 24 hours which is all I can ask when they are working with thier hands all day.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:25 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Oh boy, so how many people have I missed?
I have been getting so many orders for mufflers that I am really struggling to keep up. I get about 75 emails a day and about 20 phone calls, plus cars in the shop to work on, if I had hair I would be pulling it out
Currently the wait list for CORE EXCHANGES is an every growing monster due to the amount of time it takes to do the exchanges : I build a set, ship them out (1 week across the US for ground), customer installs (another week +,- ), ships cores back (another week.) My cores are out for over a month sometimes and while they are out the orders keep coming. A great problem to have, but very hard to keep up and frustrating for customers. I am sorry about that.
I purchased a pallet of cores but with all of the orders (and the overseas orders) it is not enough. I am trying to buy another pallet of cores that should help alleviate some of the delays.
Add the 996/997 orders and I am like a one legged man in an *** kicking contest!
I am not trying to make any excuses, just give you guys some insight to what has been happening. You can see I am rarely on here lately due to the fact that I just haven't had time.
If you can send in your cores, there is no waiting, we get to work on them right away. The waiting comes from the logistics of the core exchange process and the amount of orders I have been getting.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:33 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

^
im willing to wait
Keep up the good work.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:01 PM
EDoyle
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I stand corrected, with limited mufflers to work on a at a time there is only so much you can do!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:13 PM
callipygian 911
Racer

I was one of those phone calls from today ... and I can hardly wait!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Garrison
Instructor

FD, keep up the great work. Today is the day my mufflers arrive!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fister stage III's installed, my thoughts