993 Forum 1995-1998

Best body shop in NYC area?

Old 07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Best body shop in NYC area?

Car is the least of my concerns, but now that my wife is out of hand surgery after someone ran into our open car door, slamming the door on her finger, I can post a Q:

What is the best body shop for door repair/replacement in/near NYC?

My usual wrench is Formula, but not sure who they farm body work out to (I will reach out and find out), but just looking for other thoughts as well.

Thanks,
Old 07-05-2012, 07:40 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Martino Auto Concepts (MAC) located in Glen Cove NY. They work on very high end machines. Exceptional work. They will make the car perfect. Hope your wife is now on the mend. Did a fanatastic job on a rennlister's 997 that was rear ended by a Tahoe (TommyV44).
Old 07-06-2012, 01:06 AM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Any others chiming in?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:05 AM
pmo75
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPS
Thanks. Any others chiming in?
jPS,
I used Pete's auto in portwashington 2 years ago. Good work but ridiculous prices. Porsche Roslyn subscontracted their body work to Pete, so the quality was there. He was on E sintsink drive, but a recent search did not yield any result. Maybe moved or closed...

You might ask Detailing dynamics in Roslyn for a tip. They are really good retailers and maybe have a body shop in their network.
Let me know what you go for.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:15 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. Just closing the loop and putting in a reco here.

At the very strong, very swift, non-hesitating advice of Detailing Dynamics on Long Island (many here know them as they seem to specialize in exotics and Porsches), I went to Finish Line Collision in Valley Stream, NY. No affiliation, usual disclaimers, yada yada.

I just wanted to share that these guys were great. If you let Detailing know you are going there, Finish Line either has a DD guy come or they take it over and DD personally inspects it before they let it go out. They will pick you up or drop you off (at least offered with me on an insurance claim).

I showed up, Cesare, the owner I think, personally inspected my car, told me what he was going to do, explained why they were prepared to fight the insurance company for a new door, etc. Then, he strolled around the car and found little things here and there, "I'll take care of those for you."

He gave me a tour of their shop, showed me where inside my car would be parked, talked to me about how they partnered with DD and have grown in their quality because of it, and how they will redo a car if DD finds something even if they don't see it.

When I picked up my car, it was better than when I dropped it off. I mean that. It was stunning. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE...the office manager, tow truck guy, person who dropped me off at the train station...EVERYONE was super polite, super friendly, and really wanted to make sure I was confident that they were going to take care of my car.

Cesar was great every step of the way. I doubt I'd ever go elsewhere for body work. I just wish they did everything a 993 owner needs, not just body work. HIGHLY recommend.

Last edited by JPS; 09-18-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM
PRFCNST
6th Gear

So happy it all worked out. We saw the car at our shop, and everything was done beyond expectations.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:29 AM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
^^^I wouldn't step my foot there even if it was the only place in the Northeast.
and your reasons are?
Old 11-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Dryfly57
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

^^Good reason!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:18 PM
techman1
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

In reading this post, Mr Ilko stated he would not "step my foot" in there. He did not slander then.

When asked why, he directed to another post. He did not slander then. One wonders, when, exactly, did he slander Formula Motorsports?

Since it would appear you represent Formula Motorsports, would you care to explain the comments of the rennlist member who did, apparently, visit Formula Motorsports, and post his experience, referenced in the link?
Old 11-04-2013, 02:33 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Manhattan motorsports in Roslyn is a Porsche approved site, also martino autobody in glen cove.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Caymanman1970
Intermediate

Came across this thread looking for some info on Formula Motorsports as I just used them. I am new to the forum but a lot of good info here thus far. They just did a rather large collision job on my 14 Cayman S and it came out perfect so I guess +1 (is this how you guys rate things?) Was curious to why every independent/dealer I look up on the forum seems to have some sort of negative review all from the same guys. Seems kind of weird. Do you guys recommend I use the reviews people have left as real? Needless to say I have now used one of the dealers mentioned here and the shop and had a good experience at both maybe I am just lucky. But seems people just like to make waves.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:24 PM
NYC993
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Registered today, and the first thing you do is dig out this old thread to post your positive experience?

For the record, anyone looking for a truly great place that will take care of your car, call Pino Jr. at Milan Auto Painters in Clifton. Top notch facility and great to work with.
Do they do body work as well?
Old 06-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Caymanman1970
Intermediate

They did a good job so why not review them on a positive note? I was looking for further information on them and seem to come across a lot of reviews for all the shops in the area but stories sound weird and untruthful. Are most people on the site from NYC? Thanks for the recommendation on Milan though. Can you tell me how to start a thread for Cayman S exhaust options? I see you have a RS America one of my favorite cars!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best body shop in NYC area?