Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

WTB C2S in Vesuvius or Polar Silver

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

I also think it's worth the wait, when mine came up for sale, I had a PPI done ASAP and pulled then trigger right away, it needed some things done, but nothing that was impossible to take care off, plus it had the interior that I wanted, BLACK with CARBON FIBER it just hit 70k miles but it looks like it has 40k miles, every time Igo to my garage it looks like a different car, cause the color change is amazing, JONATHAN I will be in Austin the weekend of the 20th and I'm bringing the VESUVIO, let me know If you want to hook up
NOW HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG WITH THIS!!!
The last picture is the interior of my car...

Last edited by Opo; 07-03-2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:30 PM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
If you enjoy the search and have the time, wait for the Vesuvius and make your dreams come true. Just recognize that it will likely be YEARS before you find that car. Not trying to rain on parade, and you may already know it, but just want to set expectations.
Appreciate the shot of reality. I fully expect this to be a long drawn out search and, yes, the search is certainly part of the journey to be enjoyed!

Opo- you have a fantastic ride, thanks for the picks. I love that first one at JZM and those wheels are amazing. If ONLY it was LHD!!

I wonder if trying my hand at the European mkt and trying to bring one over to the States is warranted in this case given the rarity of the color on these shores.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 AM
V
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkhn
I wonder if trying my hand at the European mkt and trying to bring one over to the States is warranted in this case given the rarity of the color on these shores.
I think so definately. The vesuvius cars are way more common over here, probably THE most common color for the C2S. Plus you get the euro bumpers . One thing that is in your favour is the USD/EUR exchange rate, which is much much better now compared to a couple of years ago, huge difference.

One thing to keep in mind is that they are more expensive over here and a ROW spec car (WPOZZZ) might be considered a "grey market car" in the US, whereas here in Europe it's just the opposite, US spec cars (WPOA) are trading at 10-20% discount typically, when compared to ROW cars.

GL

V
Old 07-30-2012, 01:33 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Hi Rennlisters,

Im looking to buy a C2S in Vesuvius or Polar Silver with less than 40k miles (if possible). It must be a 6 speed and in great condition. If any one knows of any for sale or are planning to sell one themselves, please PM me. I love this forum and know this is the only place to fulfill 993 dreams!

Thanks beforehand!

Mike
Here you go mike..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...ht_16558wt_862
Old 07-30-2012, 09:03 AM
turbobooost
Racer

Default Vesuvius Metallic 4k miles-WOW !!!!

I have the car of your dreams !!!! Be careful what you ask for my friend !! Pristine,one owner 4k mile car,with all books,reocrds,keys and factory window sticker with such "PRICELESS" options as SPORT SEATS,LIMITED SLIP WITH ABD,SPORT SUSPENSION WITH 18" TECHNOLOGY WHEELS AND AERO II KIT !!! just go to www.willhoitenterprises.com and enjoy !!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:11 PM
TTKan
Pro

I have seen the high resolution pictures of Willhoit's car and it looks spectacular with some relatively rare options.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

There's something funny about the sport seats on that car for sale, it's like the back it's coming apart, I don't see why if the car has only 4k miles.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:28 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Opo
There's something funny about the sport seats on that car for sale, it's like the back it's coming apart, I don't see why if the car has only 4k miles.
It is common for the sport seats to pull apart from the back as the leather ages and shrinks a bit from drying out. I think there is a TSB about it with a fix.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:29 PM
turbobooost
Racer

Default 98 Vesuvio C2s 4k

Common minor problem..Porsche design flaw...the leather pulls out when someone "HEAVY" gets in and out a few times..I should of noticed that before the shots,but I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about the color and condition of this RARE colored 4k mile car i got ahead of my self !! During the "CONCOURSE" style detail process,we will make the adjustments by taking our fingeres and gently pushing the tread back in it's proper place....Best MBW
Old 07-30-2012, 04:37 PM
TTKan
Pro

Originally Posted by turbobooost
Common minor problem..Porsche design flaw...the leather pulls out when someone "HEAVY" gets in and out a few times..I should of noticed that before the shots,but I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about the color and condition of this RARE colored 4k mile car i got ahead of my self !! During the "CONCOURSE" style detail process,we will make the adjustments by taking our fingeres and gently pushing the tread back in it's proper place....Best MBW
Yes, I think there is a Porsche service bulletin on this . . . do a search on "wide body in a wide body."
Old 07-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by turbobooost

I will be installing sport seats in mine soon and I'm also going to paint the back the same color as the car I can relate to the exciment the color is amazing!!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:38 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

It's not hard to find the 993 of your dreams....

...if you don't mind paying outrageous prices for it

For any 993 over $70K in my book, it would have to be a 993TT to justify the cost/investment.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:33 PM
turbobooost
Racer

Default 98 C2S Vesuvio Metallic 4k

But MIke already has a Twin Turbo as well !!!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:52 PM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

This is definitely a nice looking C2S and I was very excited to see that its a Vesuvius. The asking price is well into the 993TT range so that will get most thinking in that direction, but for the one that really wants Vesuvius, this one seems as good any one could ever find.

I know this sounds pathetic, but I really prefer a C2S without a wing; not that there's anything wrong with the Aerokit, but with the TT, I find myself wanting to see the curves uncovered...get what I mean?
Old 07-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

I know this sounds pathetic, but I really prefer a C2S without a wing; not that there's anything wrong with the Aerokit, but with the TT, I find myself wanting to see the curves uncovered...get what I mean?
+1
But sometimes we have to take what we can get I was going to remove the kit from mine , but when I looked at the msrp paper work , that sucker is $7k I changed my mind

Quick Reply: WTB C2S in Vesuvius or Polar Silver