Yellow Dragon has arrived - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Yellow Dragon has arrived

Old 06-16-2012, 08:48 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Arpad-- Congratulations on giving a good home to some of RL's coolest 993s!
Can't wait to see what you add next (nudge nudge wink wink)

(Another favorite: Opo / Rudy, who just added a Speedster.)

Pope -- For expertly executing the time-honored RL tradition of helping others spend their money: bravo!

Last edited by curve lover; 10-10-2012 at 01:31 AM. Reason: fix ded gif lnk
Old 06-16-2012, 10:14 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Beatiful 993 congratulations!!!.
chuck
Old 06-17-2012, 02:32 AM
eddie_993
Addict
Rennlist Member

absolutely stunning!
Old 06-17-2012, 12:19 PM
tropheus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RP993 View Post
thanks for the gratulations! :-)

forget to mention, that the paint is not speedyellow but a PTS "ferrari yellow"
Congratulations on the car and especially the color. It is the second fly yellow I see besides mine. When you see the car alone you won't see so much the difference to SY. But when they stay next to each other then you realize that the fly yellow is much brighter. BTW, Ferrari guys told me that over the years Ferrari changed the fly yellow tone. According to them it was even more brighter in the past as Ferrari sells this color today.

Again congratulations and enjoy.

Jack
Attached Images    
Old 06-17-2012, 03:08 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by firesm View Post

Enabler! JPP
So true^^ I was wondering when we'd see the fruits of last month's post:
Originally Posted by JPP View Post

I just helped a friend buy a Ferrari Yellow 4S .. factory paint to sample .. with $30K worth of Techart work done to it from new! I'm sure he'll post here soon ... It's an interesting shade of yellow .. not Speed but definitely a rich yellow color :-)
Fly Yellow's definitely raised interest...

the paint is not speedyellow but a PTS "ferrari yellow"

A friend of mine has a speed yellow 993 C2. I would like to take a common picture to see the difference between the 2 paints. As I have it will share with you.
Originally Posted by tropheus View Post

When you see the car alone you won't see so much the difference to SY. But when they stay next to each other then you realize that the fly yellow is much brighter.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:15 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Arpad-- Until you get that photo with your friend's SY mentioned above ^^

...from the related "Difference between speed yellow & fly yellow" thread:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post

Here's FLY turbo and then a Speed Yellow C2S below that. Speed Yellow is more mustardy.

Originally Posted by Viken View Post

Neither color is accurate as they look too similar. FLY yellow is a bit lighter and Speed is a bit darker.

Originally Posted by Jim Morton View Post

An example of MY96 speed yellow.

Originally Posted by John D II View Post

Here are two comparison photos:

Old 06-17-2012, 03:18 PM
JPP
Super User

^^^ you know .. ALL my favorite desserts are lemon based, I just can't get enough of it ;-)
Old 06-17-2012, 04:06 PM
RP993
User

once again, many thanks to everybody for the gratulations!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:12 PM
RP993
User

Congratulations on the car and especially the color. It is the second fly yellow I see besides mine. When you see the car alone you won't see so much the difference to SY. But when they stay next to each other then you realize that the fly yellow is much brighter. BTW, Ferrari guys told me that over the years Ferrari changed the fly yellow tone. According to them it was even more brighter in the past as Ferrari sells this color today.

Again congratulations and enjoy.

Jack
Hi Jack,

seems we are members of the same small club

your info about the evolution of the ferrari yellow color tone is interesting. same name but different shade... Did Porsche similar with it's color in the past??
Old 06-17-2012, 04:21 PM
RP993
User

Originally Posted by curve lover View Post
Arpad-- Until you get that photo with your friend's SY mentioned above ^^

...from the related "Difference between speed yellow & fly yellow" thread:
Hi Jaeger,

thanks for the pictures and for the link of the SY vs FY thread. I guess i can post my pics there as i can take them.

In the past 2 years i've owned a beautifull SY 964, so i know the color quite well. Can tell, that i'm yellow addictive. As i saw the yellow dragon for the first time i had the feeling that this color is lighter than the SY but a reference car would be great to justify it. Like the 996TTs in your post.

cheers

Arpad
Attached Images   
Old 06-17-2012, 07:44 PM
tropheus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Jack,

seems we are members of the same small club

your info about the evolution of the ferrari yellow color tone is interesting. same name but different shade... Did Porsche similar with it's color in the past??
I have no idea if Porsche adapted the change in color from Ferrari fly yellow. I have also no prove if Ferrari really did it other than Ferrari owners telling me.

I tried for some time to figure out a production number of fly yellow but gave up. As always it is almost impossible to get such kind of data from Porsche.

Interesting is that your and mine car came heavily modified and well equipped from the manufacture. Seems that people who ordered fly yellow spent also some money on extras. So I have full leather, the yellow piping, carbon package Gemballa parts, litronics and so on and so on.

Jack
Attached Images      
Old 06-18-2012, 03:11 PM
JPP
Super User

I realize I've been calling this color Paint to Sample Ferrari Yellow but that's not exactly correct is it since it's got a Porsche factory paint code 10L Ferrari-Gelb listed on the inside fender sticker. To my knowledge, Paint to Sample colors would be listed as code 98 Paint to Sample on the sticker and option code list under the hood .. please correct me if I'm wrong here.
Here's spdklz fender sticker on his '95 C4 .. looks the same as Arpad's so leads me to believe that Ferrari Yellow was an offered option for all years ..

Here's Arpad's again for reference:
Old 06-18-2012, 10:13 PM
tropheus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP View Post
I realize I've been calling this color Paint to Sample Ferrari Yellow but that's not exactly correct is it since it's got a Porsche factory paint code 10L Ferrari-Gelb listed on the inside fender sticker. To my knowledge, Paint to Sample colors would be listed as code 98 Paint to Sample on the sticker and option code list under the hood .. please correct me if I'm wrong here.
Here's spdklz fender sticker on his '95 C4 .. looks the same as Arpad's so leads me to believe that Ferrari Yellow was an offered option for all years ..

Here's Arpad's again for reference:
Like often there is nothing logical when it comes to Porsche codesand production numbers. The code is L998 which is paint to sample and yes the fly yellow also has a Porsche paint code. I guess it was a color which they had a Porsche number but charged you extra with the pint to sample trick ;-) My car has the option code L998 and he paint sticker at the inner fender too. Maybe RP993 can confirm?

Jack
Attached Images  
Old 06-18-2012, 11:41 PM
spdklz
User

Default same

Mine for, for sake of argument, shows the same on the options tag under the hood. L998 Beautiful car, were the Tech Art options dealer added? How did that work back in the day? Were some dealers Tech Art distributors? Looks great love the front bumper cover and fog lamp/active cooling.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:47 PM
JPP
Super User

Like often there is nothing logical when it comes to Porsche codesand production numbers. The code is L998 which is paint to sample and yes the fly yellow also has a Porsche paint code ...
Jack
Originally Posted by spdklz View Post
Mine for, for sake of argument, shows the same on the options tag under the hood. L998
Great, thanks for the info guys. I've also confirmed from another color PTS 993 that the code on the options sticker under the trunk lid is the L99X (X being 8 or 9 depending on metallic-9 or non-metallic-8) and the owner will check the inner fender sticker to see if it lists an internal Porsche paint code and name ..
So, it appears Ferrari Yellow is considered Paint to Sample and yes, I'm sure Porsche charged enough to make it 'exclusive' enough so you don't see yourself going by every day .. heh ..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yellow Dragon has arrived

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: