993 Forum 1995-1998

Update on '95 LWF Stalling Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 11:16 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matt777
I spoke with Steve Wong yesterday (911 Chips) and had a very interesting conversation. He does have a few "tweaks" in his back pocket but is waiting feedback from recent upgrade recipients before he can make recommendations. Basically he reiterated what we see on the forum here. Many people have no problems while others struggle. It seems the only issue I have to deal with now is the occasional at idle.
Steve Wong offered me one of his chips in June 2008 but I never took him up on the offer. It would be interesting to know what advancements have taken place on his chip in the last 4 years. Its been 4 years so the issues are still at hand with his chip---in reference to a 95.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:08 AM
matt777
Drifting

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
Steve Wong offered me one of his chips in June 2008 but I never took him up on the offer. It would be interesting to know what advancements have taken place on his chip in the last 4 years. Its been 4 years so the issues are still at hand with his chip---in reference to a 95.
If I understand Steve correctly the fuel supply shuts off when you let off the pedal so his software slows the closing of the injectors during this phase or opens them momentarily (or something like this ) The idle speed is raised slightly too. For some reason not every engine reacts the same way to his ECU mods. There is also a possible side effect where the engine hunts when coming back to idle. Turning up the ISV might exacerbate this problem. As to his recent "tweaks", I am not sure what they are. If my engine behaves after its recent plug change and ECU reset I'll stick with the LWF. Its not my DD plus I really don't want to drop the tranny for the 3rd time in 3 years and spend another $1k for a MWF or DMF. If I go back to the DMF I need another clutch too.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:30 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

I've beat this subject up for the past 6 or 7 years. By no means to be negative, just telling it like it is.

Living in the SLC Valley and balance time up in Park City as well, I have some INCREDIBLE WIDE OPEN roads to enjoy. 2000 East to 215 to I80---its pure please joy driving! I have some of the best driving in my backyard, including the Cottonwood Canyons. Those who live here know what Im talking about. No stop and go traffic, which is a huge relief. I dont drive a lot (work from home) but I time my driving in my C4 during low times of traffic. I get no joy out of stop and go.

Maybe see a few around during the PCA rally in SLC---I will be in Incline Village, NV for most of it kicking back in Tahoe.

Quick Reply: Update on '95 LWF Stalling Issues