Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
hyper sensitive people
Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
And you and some others here wonder why I call you a troll.
and here's one now.

Honestly, go call the cops (or put me on ignore), I don't give a f&ck
Old 05-14-2012, 12:42 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

So we can make fun of the water pumpers with fried egg headlights.

Kidding now; it's about the people.....
Old 05-14-2012, 12:44 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

and here's one now.

Honestly, go call the cops (or put me on ignore), I don't give a f&ck
Play nice or I will put you on ignore for the whole 993 forum.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:57 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I love this board. I get help. I give help. I have made many close friends (aka fellow nitwits) and acquaintances and have had the pleasure of meeting many 993 Rennlisters in person. I must say that I am disappointed when an innocent thread gets hijacked and taken to dark places by the trolls, but I have few issues when a troll posts his own goofy thread. How much more fitting it would have been if NOBODY had responded to the recent "C2S" thread.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:08 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Its about time.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:12 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

useful tech to some degree and enough hyper sensitive people that I can start fun arguments from time to time
Grow up.

Bonnie, thanks for starting this thread. Quad and vram can't spoil what is a terrific forum. There is an esprit d' cor to this place that is rare. I've had people send me parts I needed with nothing expected in return, we have guys like Mark DePietro and Darin Fister (and many others) who made me feel like royalty when visiting, we've got people willing to do rennfaxs and on and on. I've seen people talk about personal stuff and share their sorrows and burdens. Things just like family. We may not be related by blood but there is a camaraderie here that is pretty much unmatched.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Apex3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This place is a truly priceless repository of information. From an ROI perspective, my Rennlist Membership is possibly the best $ investment in the history of ever.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:49 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have made friends here that I know will trascend the ownership of my 993.

I do agree that Trolls should be banned for good. Regardless of how long they've been around, or how many posts they have.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:13 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Awww...a really mushy thread! This place rules

I love coming here for the community, pretty pics, tech articles and owner's
stories! But above all, because it makes me obsessed with my car and affirms
daily that I'm living my Porsche dream.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:31 PM
utahrock
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Because this is where the Real Men hang out

Sure the technical help is invaluable and a lot of the people are quite cool. But to me it's kind of special and more interesting because the people here, in contrast to those on the forums for newer cars, understand their cars better and are more likely to work on them.

Real Men (and Women) know how their car works. So here you get things like "I'm dropping my engine for a new clutch. What else should I replace while I'm in there?" On some of the newer forums you might get "I was given a screwdriver for my birthday. Which end do you use?"

Okay, that might be a SLIGHT exaggeration...
Old 05-14-2012, 02:39 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

RL prevents stress.

Last night I discovered oil leaking from the Varioram control, coating to the top of the engine. Oh, SH*T! <stress> I've got track days this coming weekend and don't have time for this crap...got the get FE mounted, seat adjusted and back in the car, new tires put on, can I get the car in the shop and fixed in time,etc, etc... <stress> Cue the RL search... "oil leak varioram". Several informative threads, no big deal, only a seal leaking and only due to overfill of oil at some point. Simple, no big deal, no stress. </stress>

Add to it that I've met several great friends on here. The real, local, we get together and hang out and drink beers type of friends, not the "I added you on FB" type.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I hate this place. It's made me spend LOTS of money on mods and has me convinced I have to regear my trans
Old 05-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by 1pcarnut
Grow up.

Bonnie, thanks for starting this thread. Quad and vram can't spoil what is a terrific forum. There is an esprit d' cor to this place that is rare. I've had people send me parts I needed with nothing expected in return, we have guys like Mark DePietro and Darin Fister (and many others) who made me feel like royalty when visiting, we've got people willing to do rennfaxs and on and on. I've seen people talk about personal stuff and share their sorrows and burdens. Things just like family. We may not be related by blood but there is a camaraderie here that is pretty much unmatched.
Originally Posted by Apex3
This place is a truly priceless repository of information. From an ROI perspective, my Rennlist Membership is possibly the best $ investment in the history of ever.
pretty much...

Lets not forget the "help me find a car" network here. Damn near every 993 variant that becomes available for sale across the country...and even sometimes out of the country, is posted and discussed here.

In my search, fellow rennlisters did no fewer than four rennfax's for me. I had to pry their addresses out of them to send them legal beverages and local BBQ sauce for christ sake.

Simply the most welcoming and inviting, informative, ROTFLMAO, forums I've ever stumbled upon. Most of you folks are pretty nice in real life too. You all help contribute to making these wonderful cars affordable for the 99%ers to own too. Even though Porsche, as well as some of the "beautiful people" on here feel otherwise.

thanks for helping my dreams come true ya'll
Old 05-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Good one. This is the 993 board's quote of the year.

Originally Posted by DJF1
Its about time.
+993
Old 05-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Jabberwocky
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex3
Agreed. Owned my TT all of one day when my dash lit up like a Christmas tree, engine stalled and I end up being the dufus on the side of the freeway. 10 minute search on the Rennlist iphone app sent me to my right side turbo hose, which turned out to have a split on the bottom side. 5 min duct tape job and I was limping home. RL saved a newbie from calling out a flatbed.

Two years later, still don't go anywhere without duct tape, a spare DME and a fully charged iphone.

Quick Reply: Why Do You Love the 993 Forum?