Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions for those that swap track and Street pads for DE

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I admire you guys who take the time to number your pads and drop them into the correct caliper position. When I swap pads at the track, I'm usually hustling to complete the task as quickly as possible and couldn't care less about where the used pads end up. Of course, if the pads are new, where they go doesn't matter at all, but I also have a decent inventory of semi-used pads that I utilize for certain times. For instance, for practice and qualifying, I'll use pads that are much bit thinner than what I would run for a sprint or enduro. I also think it's not a bad idea to rotate the pads to even out any unusual pad wear issues if a caliper happens to stick a bit. YMMV.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
I also think it's not a bad idea to rotate the pads to even out any unusual pad wear issues if a caliper happens to stick a bit. YMMV.
Damn, that sounds like a pretty good idea...
Old 05-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
I admire you guys who take the time to number your pads and drop them into the correct caliper position.

I also think it's not a bad idea to rotate the pads to even out any unusual pad wear issues if a caliper happens to stick a bit. YMMV.
Mark, do you mean a good idea to swap pad sets, keeping pads in original position, or to swap positions within one set? I put mine back in the same positions with the thinking that it would give best contact in light of any pad/rotor irregularities.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:24 PM
element
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

im going to start shuffling.. should help wear down some of the irregularities and I dont think you would notice any performance difference - heat is the only real enemy of brakes.

phil.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 394 Posts

I'm not a big fan of shuffling pads, the pad and rotor wear into a mutually compatible full contact arrangement, if they are shuffled the highs and lows no longer mate, the result is accelerated wear and hot spots

Quick Reply: Questions for those that swap track and Street pads for DE