Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intro: New addition to the family........

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like it would be a blast to drive have fun and post more pics.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

I drive a 914-4 and I don't get crappy feedback from the purists. Maybe that's a left- and right-coast thing.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:28 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I too have a 914 that I'm restoring, but because it was co-built by P & VW, I think it's a step above in purity to a fiberglass bodied look alike But the look alike is so damn cool!
Right now its on my lift getting a once over. Bleed/flushing brake system, full tune up, oil/filter, may adjust/check valves. Replacing a couple of seals, brake bleeders and lower ball joints. May need a few more things but that'll be it for a while, I want to get back to driving it!

If I still have it this winter, I'll drop the motor, powder coat all the tin, clean up the motor/tranny and get it ready for sale next spring.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Avenger6
I was just looking at the Intermecchanica web site...

For those of you that have one of these replica Speedsters, how well received is the car at PCA and other Porsche events?

They look like they would be a lot of fun, and they would be fun to take on some club driving events, etc., but if everybody would be shutting you out because you have a fake, I guess you'd just have to drive it other places....
I've always wanted a 356, obviously an original is out of the question. If I ever get enough garage space I'll be adding an Intermeccanica to my stable.

It seems they are well received in our local PCA events. Annually Intermeccanica even offers a PCA member's night, where they open up their facility to check out cars and their manufacturing process.

And they have sold a lot of these replicas, surprisingly they said a good number of buyers are from Japan.

Quick Reply: Intro: New addition to the family........