Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: 993 eBay transaction goes full circle, entertaining

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:51 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 19 Posts

Well done- that was extemely entertaining.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:03 PM
speedy88
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cactus
Towards the end I was gonna suggest you two get a room
ha ha!

next time, do immediate payment on ebay, so there's not a timeline issue.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:05 PM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa - someone went off their meds for a little while...
Old 04-16-2012, 03:11 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol! i figured you guys would get a kick out of it. talk about hot and cold... why must they be so emotional?!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:26 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by firesm
Whoa - someone went off their meds for a little while...
Exactly. When you read through it it's a text book case of what we used to call 'manic depressive' ... back in the politically incorrect days when we called a duck a duck.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:45 PM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
Exactly. When you read through it it's a text book case of what we used to call 'manic depressive' ... back in the politically incorrect days when we called a duck a duck.
Why are you so insensitive to ducks?
Old 04-16-2012, 04:40 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Why are you so insensitive to ducks?
Yeah, ducks are people too......er, well, at least Daffy was, sorta...
Old 04-16-2012, 11:44 PM
berni29
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi

That was great. I really enjoyed that. Thank you for posting.

Berni
Old 04-17-2012, 12:16 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 5,005 Likes on 2,965 Posts

the problem with pissing off a buyer or being confrontational w/a buyer on ebay is that you take a chance on their leaving negative feedback.

the feedback rules on ebay are horrible and not seller friendly - beware of the occasional a_shole who will screw with you and use negative feedback as a retalitory weapon.

in my 13 years and 2000 transactions on ebay as a seller i've had 1 negative feedback from a buyer in brazil 9 years ago. his username was "hardtofindpart" i will never forget that f_uckwad - he tried to screw me out of shipping on a 356 speedometer - he played with me for weeks and finally paid via paypal and demanded i send it registered mail - i was just starting on ebay and was worrid about his retalitory feedback which he threatened me with - i sent the part registered mail but then claimed he never received it. he got his money back and i finally got rembursed by paypal after months of wasted time. i never got the speedo back but he got kicked off ebay soon after for his fraud - heres a link to the negative feedback i left him: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...mPg=16&page=14

not sure if you'll be able to see it but it was worth it. this guy was a thief. screwed lots of people. many of his negative feedbacks were removed.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:52 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

That was the funniest exchange I've read in a long while. I don't know which of you are nuttier. But all in all, a good read!

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
Okay i couldnt post the juicy stuff towards the end without posting everything leading up to it.. so heres the chain of ebay messages between me, and the buyer of the extra wheel i was selling on ebay.

4 spoke wheel with leather airbag auction ends April 28th... no word from buyer and no payment... ~$250 w free shipping

THEN...

March 30th

Kevin,

I am out of town on an a emergency surgical function and will be returning home in a week (April 8 or 9). I will conclude my portion of my responsibility then. Thanks again.
======

lauryn,

I understand work obligations. That said, I travel for a living, and can complete a paypal transaction from any computer or a cell phone in seconds. The auction ended on the 28th, eBay terms are payment is due within 4 days.

Had I known it would take more than a week to collect payment, and ship this wheel, I would have canceled the transaction.
I will hold the wheel. I will be leaving the country on the 9th.

Thanks,
Kevin

April 3rd
======
Kevin,
I will pay for the wheel on the seventh ok? I am sorry that I did not plan on (this). I can't even stand up yet, and my sleep deprivation is horrible. Look at my feedback...I've NEVER had one single complain. Please understand? Thanks
=======

April 7th (I have a 'function of my own', then i leave for work for a week shortly after...)

======

April 8th

Kevin,

I paid this on the 7th like I promised, have you sent it...or when will you?
========

lauryn,

Like I said last week, I have had to leave the country for work. I assumed when I listed the auction, that the buyer would have paid within 4 days, during my days off. I will either ship it when I return from work next week or if possible have someone from home ship it, if able.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Kevin
======

Kevin,

Yes, but I thought you were leaving "after" I paid for it? Anyways...please can you have someone ship it this week?

=======

April 10th

Kevin,

Just checking in on shipment date yet?

=======

lauryn,

I will get it out as soon as i can arrange, hopefully by friday.

thank you
Kevin
=======
(April 12th shipped the wheel did not notify buyer)

April 15th

Kevin

Still waiting? If you are hesitating about sending this, would you want to refund my money then?
======

April 16th

lauryn,

In my 10 years of dealing with eBay I've never had a transaction thats been this much of a hassle. You paid late, you paid outside time allowance outlined in the eBay Terms. The auction end time was not arbitrary, it was planned so I would be in town to ship the item after receiving payment. You asked for an exception due to circumstances and I granted it rather than terminating the transaction. As I told you in our first exchange, I was going to be out of the country when you 'got around' to sending your payment. Your circumstances do not necessitate me going further out of my way to accommodate you more than I already have.

Here is your tracking number 1ZW63F48xxxxxx
======

Kevin,

Hey Kevin,
THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS OR TERMS ABOUT YOUR SUPPOSED TIMELINE! IVE READ OVER THEM THOROUGHLY, AND I DID ADHERE TO THEM COMPLETELY. I don't know what you are thinking or reading from, but there is NOTHING stated about your timetable. Let's see, I've been on eBay for equally that long, and I too have never gone through such an arduous task to receive something. Thank you again...I hope it was worth the trouble. Sorry for needing EMERGENCY SURGERY and screwing up your "supposed imaginary timeline"! GOOD DAY A&@%@$*!

======

lauryn,

You have 4 days to pay before unpaid case is opened.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Have a nice day

=======

Kevin,

lol You show me on your specific auction where YOU, the seller states that? I've sold dozens of items here and you are not even allowed to open a case until 10 frigging days after the conclusion of the auction! Why are you making this so difficult? Were you not loved as a child? Do you get off tormenting people like you don't even know? JESUS...give it a rest! For GOD sakes man, move on and peace not anger. It's sad when others use this simple venue to live vicariously as a tormenting *******! Is this your excuse? Just send me my money back you moron! Shove you steering wheel uno where...JERK!

=======

lauryn,

My auction doesn't state payment window, eBay does. Read the link I sent you. In 4 days the seller opens a nonpayment case. Then the buyer has four more days to rectify the situation. No need for the hostility.

You know what my auction does state? it states "No returns" and "you're responsible for fit". Judging by the way you communicate and conduct business you must own a 944, 928 or worse, a boxster.

None of this is relevant, your wheel will be there Tuesday. Best of luck.

Kevin
=======

Kevin,

FYI...I have a 1994 993 3.8 Turbo S!

=======

lauryn,

That IS a nice car!!

======

Kevin,

Yes I know...thank you. It's only got 29K on the odometer. I am going to have the wheel dyed and hopefully it will come out a nice black. I hope that all is well and thanks again. I appreciate your business.

=======

lauryn,

is it stick?!

=======

Kevin,

yes, no tiptronic here! It has the G50 option and actually has a burl elm-wood shifter already.

========

lauryn,

lol! That's awesome! I take back everything I said
The airbag is the leather version so I think if they can dye such a light color to black it will look great.
send photos!
r u on Rennlist?

======

Kevin,

I will when it get's out of the shop. No I am not on Rennlist. My friend has the three spoke from a 97' that he adapted to fit his car, it looks awesome! It's half alcantara. Once again, thank you for the steering wheel, and I will send you pics of it and the car when I get it installed. Bye and I too take everything back. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

==
end
Old 04-17-2012, 07:04 PM
vaujot
Instructor

Judging by the way you communicate and conduct business you must own a 944, 928 or worse, a boxster.
Entertaining but what was that?
Old 04-17-2012, 07:32 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Originally Posted by vaujot
Entertaining but what was that?
as a 944 owner of 7 years it was just that. a joke.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:53 PM
vaujot
Instructor

as a 944 owner of 7 years it was just that. a joke.
I see. I thought it might have something to do with the pecking order among Porsche owners and were 993s stand in comparison to these models. À la:
There is such a thing as the Hierarchy of the Porsche Nod/Wave. I am obliged to wave first to earlier 911s and 356s, with the exception of 964s, which must wave at the same time. Modern Turbo and GT3 owners must wave first, and I will perhaps wave back. 996 and 997 owners must wave first, and I will deign to nod in a superior fashion. Boxster owners receive nothing, even though I am also a Boxster owner. 944 owners receive a wave, because I am a 944 owner as well and I know how they--- we---suffer. Cayenne owners can suck it.
Source: Capsule review: (My) 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera
(BTW, cool article that would deserve its own thread.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:41 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

LOL! omg that's classic!!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hold on- Is the seller in Wisconsin? Is his 993 turbo S yellow? If so, I had a similar but worse situation buying some clapped out Fikse 5's from him...

Weird.

Quick Reply: OT: 993 eBay transaction goes full circle, entertaining