Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Mystery Wires and Connector - and no, not the ones in the engine compartment...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 PM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery Wires and Connector - and no, not the ones in the engine compartment...

I've taken great pride in my time on rennlist, that whenever I've come across a challenge or question while working on my car, I've been able to use the search function and find the answer.

Well here is one I can't find the answer to. I removed my front bumper cover in preparation for a bumperette removal and I came across two wires that were cut and taped and a two wire connector that is zip tied up. They all come out of the same wire bundle as the wires for the front signal and fog lights on the driverside right by the ac condenser. Everything else in the area looks normal and is where it should be: two connectors for fog light, signal light, connector for condeser fan, and ac resistor. The front passenger side has a wire connector that looks the same and it is connected to the top right side of the oil cooler. I know that you can get a secondary oil cooler that replaces the ac condenser - would the connector be for that? Everything works great - just curious...
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2012, 11:54 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Possibly the factory temperature sensor connector for the OBC.

Andreas
Old 04-12-2012, 12:04 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 449 Posts

Steve, trace their purpose by wire color and the electrical diagrams.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Neil Perry
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are the On Board Computer (The computer display in the Tacho) outside temperature sensor wires/plug. No trmperature sensor without the OBC option

There should be the same wire/plug in the same area for the Climate Control, but with a temperature sensor in it.
There is a bracket just below the left side front blinker, behind the grill that has holes for the two sensors, if your car does not have the OBC it will only the sensor for the climate control.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:27 AM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 237 Posts

Andreas and Neil are correct. Outside temp sensor wires and plug. I had the same question the first time my bumper cover was off.

Quick Reply: Mystery Wires and Connector - and no, not the ones in the engine compartment...