Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Difficulties with smog test on your 993?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Difficulties with smog test on your 993?

I was....that is until my shop replaced the stock down stream sensors with two Mini Cat sensors from FVD

Below from the FVD web site in BLUE:

Oxygen Sensor Simulator (Minicat)
FVD 111 LAM SIM
$79 Ea.

Having problems with your Check Engine Light? Want to run Cat Bypass pipes or a free flowing sports catalyst set up on your vehicle without having to reprogram the DME (ECU)?

Our adapter achieves a sufficient measurement for the air/CO ratio and increases the tolerance range between the pre and post cat oxygen sensors. In addition, the sensitivity of the oxygen sensor is also reduced allowing you to run a nearly any exhaust or catalytic set up, including bypass pipes, without the need to reprogram your ECU! Use only for the 2nd oxygen sensor (after catalytic)!

After replacing the two O sensors with Mini Cat sensors, my tech forced two of the codes to reset...then drove around a bit and watched the remainder of the codes reset. As far as the $79 X 2, more than worth it to me to pass smog. It would have cost me more than that to put the stock cat back in, test for smog, remove the stock cat, re-install my Fabspeed X pipes and sport cats. Now I am STREET Legal again!!!

Last edited by Martin S.; 03-27-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:01 PM
User 122821
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

These are common items on the Subaru, Evo, and VW GTI forums for those running racing cats or none at all. $29 on Amazon.

Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Difficulties with smog test on your 993?