Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

UFO motor sports

Old 03-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Redblurr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UFO motor sports

Any one do business with these guys. They're in Long Beach Cali. If so... thoughts?
TIA.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:08 AM
ericyingling
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UFO

I have not worked with them, yet. But they are on my short list of shops to contact if I need a rebuild. I connected with a guy on ebay that was sold a rebuilt porsche engine by UFO. He had nothing but nice things to say about them and their work.

I know this is a vague answer, but I think they are worth checking out.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:51 AM
BiteEmNBeatEm
Instructor

my 3.4 is at there shop right now. They should have it finished up by friday and hopefuly will be back at my local shop by mid week next week. I had an intermix problem and Jason at UFO tore the motor apart and found my problem to be a cracked head. Since it was an intermix issue it was best to have the whole motor rebuilt and it was quite affordable in comparison to others out there. My mistake was having to pay another shop diagnose the problem and pay $2000 to get the wrong diagnosis when Jason at UFO pretty much diagonsed it over the phone and it was the same outcome over the phone.

If I could have done it over I would have sent my whole car to UFO because they will remove and re-install the rebuild at no extra charge or ship the motor to you at no charge.
I would have paid about 600-800 in freight and had a fun ride back to TX when it was done. But I'm still happy. I'll give you an update when I have the car back
Old 07-14-2012, 01:47 AM
ericyingling
7th Gear

BiteEm-

How did things turn out with your car and experience with UFO?
Old 07-15-2012, 02:53 AM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 88 Posts

The guys at UFO are well known in Porsche circles particularly southern california because for years
they worked at the better more well known establishments ,TRE,Callas Rennsport,Einmalig to name a few.
The partners have also been close friends and have always been straight shooters and often were
called upon when some more well known establishments were stumped.
I have a project car there presently and it couldn't be in better hands,apparently they've come
upon a niche market thoroughly rebuilding 996,997 and boxster caged crankshaft engines with improved IMS and RMS components that have been paying dividends.
They are no nonsense guys who come recommended highly and for them Porsche is number 1, Bert

Last edited by budge96; 07-15-2012 at 03:16 AM. Reason: spell
Old 10-17-2012, 01:17 AM
BiteEmNBeatEm
Instructor

Originally Posted by ericyingling
BiteEm-

How did things turn out with your car and experience with UFO?
Well, my project took a a little turn and is taking just a tad bit longer that expected. Not any fault of Jason at UFO. As a mater of fact I have been quite happy with Jason. I'm doing a fully built motor from my 3.4 to a 3.9 with forged internals few other things too : ) But I will be turning up the boost on a TPC turbo kit that I have for it as well.

I'll let you know how it turns out. It's about a month or two before its finished.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UFO motor sports